Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tesoro dropped another one.

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tesoro dropped another one.
May 14, 2012 08:43PM
I don't know why they don't listen to their customers.

Evidently adjustable ground canceling in Disc mode is "bells and whistles" and not necessary, expected functionality.

[www.findmall.com]

I like Tesoro but stuff like this is fustrating.

HH
Mike
Re: Tesoro dropped another one.
May 14, 2012 08:55PM
Mike, go back and read the later posts...it does work with the disc circuit also. I was reading it like you did, that it was only used on the all metal side. I could never understand why they did that on their top detector, the Cortes.
It seems Tesoro didn't listen to their customers wants though. How hard would it be to put tones on the Vaquero or Tejon, or any other detectors they presently make. Time will tell if they have a winner in their new detector....HH

Roger
May 14, 2012 09:43PM
It comes with 3 coils and 3 lower poles....thats a first.
May 14, 2012 10:18PM
I stand corrected.
May 14, 2012 10:31PM
I will be getting one......Tesoros are my favorite machines. However, the Vaquero was a let down and they should have put a ground balance pot on the Golden.
May 14, 2012 10:40PM
Why don't they combine their very best features from several models into one unit. Let's say like a F-75LTD...I think they would sell quite a few units. Still lots of Tesoro fans out there.
May 14, 2012 11:01PM
Its running at 10.6 khz and the audio frequency is 630 hz, same as the older tesoros like euro sabre, eldorado, conquistidor and silver. I have owned the eldorado, conquistidor and euro sabre. The eldorado has always been my favorite machine. They should have put a three position toggle switch on bottom of the outlaw instead of the stupid push button pinpoint. Thats just my preference though.

Street price is 551.65 with the three coil package. This is very competitive pricing.
May 14, 2012 11:02PM
I'm sure the new Outlaw will be a great coinshooter and jewelry detector, but I was hoping they would take their next new detector to a new level. If they would have only taken the Vaquero for instance and added 3 tones it would sell like hotcakes.
No expensive R&D to add this feature to an already great detector, but the management at Tesoro didn't listen to their customers requests on this one. I love hunting with Tesoro detectors and they are about the only company that makes a high quality beep and dig unit for us guys that don't
want a digital metered detector and don't need all the bells and whistles..........HH

Roger
May 14, 2012 11:24PM
Does it strike anyone else wrong that the field report was provided by Tesoro instead of a 3rd party and that it merely lists features found on most detectors and a its great statement but no info on what makes it better than the current offering. I would like to know in what ways it is better but seems they are closing the threads about as fast as they appear on the other site. So much for customer service if they are having the threads closed rather than answer customer questions and concerns. Tesoro lost a lot of my respect today. I doubt findmall would close the threads if Tesoro actually wanted to address questions.

Looks like the thread on Friendly Detector Forum where I first saw the announcement and responded has been deleted too. They are out of touch. But, at least they have their overly hyped "Lifetime Warranty"? Eye Roll... Only good if the company stays in business for a lifetime.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2012 11:35PM by kai_gold.
May 14, 2012 11:29PM
Looks interesting to me. Of all the Tesoro machines I've used, the Bandido II uMax was my favorite one. For the want of upgrading, I sold it and bought a Eldorado uMax....and it wasn't even in the same league as the Bandido II uMax, even though it was the official replacement for it. This Outlaw reminds me of the Bandido II uMax. If it hunts like it...it will be a big plus....and having 3 coils and lower rods for that price is a big plus as well.
May 15, 2012 12:01AM
I was hoping for something more not just a repackaged machine of sorts. That includes 3 coils.
Get rid of the brown crappy color as well.
looks like a remake of an old brown Bounty Hunter Outlaw, same amount of dials, red pushbutton switch and toggle, oh but the BH has a meter. LOL
I'll stick with the Fisher F5........................

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
May 15, 2012 12:04AM
I think this would have gone over better had they just brought back the Bandido II by popular demand or something like that.
May 15, 2012 03:57AM
Man,I feel let down. Tesero and minelabs are my favorite detectors. Ill wait for some reviews from the few detectorist that I value their oponion,but doesnt seem like anything new or exciting. At least the price is reasonable,and they throw in 3 good coils
May 15, 2012 06:52AM
On the one hand, to get a machine with 3 coils for that price is REALLY NICE. But on the other hand, what is really new and why not even include some tones for the coin hunters being that the machine has a moderately low freq at 10kHz?
New machine but not really so much new...
May 15, 2012 12:44PM
Tesoro thrives on beep and dig units and metered units are not their expertise, but they do build a quality detector with super service after the sale so lets see how this one plays out before we come to any conclusions...

I am with the poster that said combine a few of the features from their best models and make a unit on steroids....

As an addendum their prices are sure more equitable to the average Joe as detector prices have skyrocketed over the years...

They may dance to a different drummer compared to other manufactures but it works for them.
May 15, 2012 12:54PM
Yep I agree with Dan - PA.

I've been looking for a Bandido II uMax for the past several months to be honest with you. Just to have as a simple throw behind the truck seat detector. The problem is....they rarely come up for sale and when they do, they go for nearly what they cost new. I've been outbid on the last 3 that I've bid on, and all of them just had one coil with them...no other accessories, and were selling in the $330-$350 range. I honestly can't remember the exact price Tesoro dealers sold them at new, but I'm wanting to say it was just $375 or so new...don't quote me on that but that's stuck in my head for some reason.

Sure, from the sounds of it, it may not be the cutting edge technology like what we've seen brought to the table. But for the price point, if it's anything like what the Bandidio II uMax was, it will stand on its own.
May 15, 2012 01:35PM
All the information I had to go on was tesoro's test report, and that report said told me no ground balance in Disc mode. I kinda went off on it. Finally came out that it did have (or does now) have the ground balance functional in Disc mode.

I was hoping for something useful, not another single tone, thumb the disc dial discriminator.

What really made me sad was Tesoro's comment that, "it will pick up a quarter at 10 inches if the conditions are right" statement.

It was a sad day.

Mike
May 15, 2012 03:13PM
Mike,

Yeah but what coil is it that they were talking about picking up the coin at 10 inches? If it's the stock coil....that's not bad considering it's an 8 inch coil. We've gotten accustomed to manufacturers coming stock with 11-12 inch coils now, and the depth associated with those. A T2 with its stock coil is not much better than that in an air test....and in my soil, you're not getting it at 10 inches in disc mode. That couldn't even be done with the mighty eTrac here with an 11" DD coil.

Detech makes a few aftermarket coils available for the 10khz Tesoro machines. So there is already a 10x12 SEF and a 12x15 SEF DD coil for it. I guarantee those two coils will up the ante on targets. Kellyco doesn't have it offered on their website yet...but Detech has listed that the Ultimate 13" DD is now available for the Tesoro's with HOT technology AND the 10 khz models as well...so that would be a light weight big DD coil available as well.
May 15, 2012 03:13PM
Mike brings up some good points and speaking from Experience over the years must have used a Doz. Tesoro models.

Daniel if you think the Bandido 11 U-max is hard to find just try to find the original Bandido which many of the oldtimers preferred....never used the original so can't comment.

Have to admit they are not depth demons like some other manufacturers but they sure like gold rings have audio variance minus all the bells and whistles and service after the sale and moderate pricing keep many fellows loyal Tesoro guys.....

Keep tuned for additional data and field reports.....

My best days are certainly behind me as celebrating my 74th birthday today but if they came up with some models to compete with some of these new high priced models hitting the bricks lately just might spring for one...
May 15, 2012 03:17PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All the information I had to go on was tesoro's
> test report, and that report said told me no
> ground balance in Disc mode. I kinda went off on
> it. Finally came out that it did have (or does
> now) have the ground balance functional in Disc
> mode.
>
> I was hoping for something useful, not another
> single tone, thumb the disc dial discriminator.
>
> What really made me sad was Tesoro's comment that,
> "it will pick up a quarter at 10 inches if the
> conditions are right" statement.
>
> It was a sad day.
>
> Mike

I was disappointed in what I read in that "report" to Mike, I think a LOT of people were.---------Del
May 15, 2012 03:23PM
Hi, WOW they almost hit a home run with this one....I believe this machine will be pretty good for me and I would add it to my arsenal of detectors but only if it's offered with just one coil...Don't get me wrong their price is reasonable I just don't need the extra coils for my purpose....They finally added a no motion all metal pinpoint button but at the cost of pushing the pinpoint button twice...(stupid?) Luckily there is hope because it should be a highly modifiable machine to serve my purpose....In theory this machine probably should out perform the higher frequency machines like the Tejon & Vaquero....I have no idea what phase angle they used in the discriminate mode on this machine.and this could be a game changer for me as well...Best of luck Tesoro on your new machine....JJ
May 15, 2012 03:33PM
Happy birthday Dan!
May 15, 2012 04:18PM
Happy Birthday Dan!
May 15, 2012 05:54PM
Happy 74th Birthday Dan.
May 15, 2012 07:22PM
Happy Bday Dan - but your best days are behind you? Maybe physically but outside of that, you don't know. And so goes the mystery of life...

Keep on keeping on Dan,
Albert
May 15, 2012 08:19PM
Three cheers
May 15, 2012 09:51PM
Happy Birthday Dan!
May 15, 2012 10:03PM
Dan, happy Birthday, I've been following your reads for years and always pictured you around 60, hope there are a zillion more smiling smiley
May 16, 2012 03:13AM
Happy bday Dan! Just finally moved on from the Sovereign I got from you ten years ago. Btw,I have an original Bandido,and use it all the time. Great in iron.
May 16, 2012 03:49AM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mike brings up some good points and speaking from
> Experience over the years must have used a Doz.
> Tesoro models.
>
> Daniel if you think the Bandido 11 U-max is hard
> to find just try to find the original Bandido
> which many of the oldtimers preferred....never
> used the original so can't comment.
>
> Have to admit they are not depth demons like some
> other manufacturers but they sure like gold rings
> have audio variance minus all the bells and
> whistles and service after the sale and moderate
> pricing keep many fellows loyal Tesoro guys.....
>
> Keep tuned for additional data and field
> reports.....
>
> My best days are certainly behind me as
> celebrating my 74th birthday today but if they
> came up with some models to compete with some of
> these new high priced models hitting the bricks
> lately just might spring for one...

happy birthday dan!