Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

11" DD VS 10" Concentric

Posted by HumblePie 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
11" DD VS 10" Concentric
March 17, 2009 11:30PM
Tom,

There is a great deal of controversy among new users wrt which of these coils outperforms the other on the F-70/75 in trashy ground, high mineral ground...in terms of target separation, depth experienced, target ID/discrimination.

We know you've covered this in the past at length. I've searched way back through the postings and short of reading every thread, I can't find the information. Could you be persuaded just one more time to spell out this comparison please?

Thus in the future, rather than fruitlessly debate this subject with users, I will refer them to this forum and thread. Thankyou Tom.

Jim.
Re: 11" DD VS 10" Concentric
March 18, 2009 02:05AM
Maybe this post will help a little.

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Rob
March 18, 2009 05:47PM
Thanks Rob, but I did not see the type of information I was looking for at this link. Maybe Tom can provide a recap on this topic.

Jim.
March 19, 2009 01:54PM
In a nutshell;

The elliptical DD 11" coil is approx 1.5" deeper..... on coin-sized targets (in the dirt)..... over the 9.75" concentric. The DD coil separates adjacent targets better (most all of the time), in most cases...the DD coil will handle bad dirt better. Both coils ID targets with nearly identical resultants. The DD coil 'falses' to a greater extent ... on steel bottle caps; whereas the concentric is less likely to false on these same steel bottle caps.
March 19, 2009 05:14PM
Thankyou Tom. For future reference this thread will be easy to identify. I fully intend to refer members from other forums to this site, as this topic seems to be a matter of dispute to many newer users of these units.

I appreciate you taking the time to go over "old material" Tom. Thankyou ever so much.

Jim.