Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Vision

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Vision
March 19, 2009 04:35AM
This is so different from Fisher. Color menue driven display. Lots of info, can tell a ring from trash? Three freq I can see what everyone is freaking about! We should all chip in so Tom can play with it and give us the thumbs up or down.

I do love reading all the info coming out and I think if I read more from non White's users that have the new machine I may start to trust what I read. I don't know how it will stack up for relic hunting but for turf hunting it may be a great machine and a ton of coils.

Can fisher come out with anything better?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Vision
March 19, 2009 02:01PM
FTP not sleeping.
March 19, 2009 03:37PM
Tom you are the man your forum is the best we will wait and see if Fisher can take the next step I think the new whites may be a bit too much we all want depth I think the whites may fall short on that and a lot of people will be analizing there screen while I am digging all the good stuff up. We will give them the chance to prove if it does work.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

March 20, 2009 12:07PM
The Vision has a concentric DD. The F75 is a elliptical DD. It should be a safe assumption to say that the elliptical DD footprint should be a much tighter/narrower ElectroMagnetic (EM) field-intensity/footprint. This is what enhances adjacent target separation.... exposing more targets in the ground. The one thing I'm hoping for with the White's ... is; will it go deeper in less-trashy environments. If the Vision can trump all other units in just ONE type of hunting application, it'll make the list for being a tool-in-inventory. If the unit has a niche... it has a place.

Tom
March 21, 2009 03:58AM
I would think since Gold is the upper freq 22 if you get a target that is a freq of 22 and a blue wave the target should be gold and if that is true then I would just hunt for rings and stuff that is gold..but I saw on one forum that a pull tab had a mix of the 7 freq and the 22 and the wave was a mix of both freq running together. So I need to see more tests on junk VS Gold. They have to read different for me to think white's has come up with something really different.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

March 21, 2009 10:50AM
A 5Khz detector will detect gold. . . . and a 22Khz detector will detect gold. The 22Khz detector will be a bit more sensitive to gold. It is not a function of a 'returned' frequency that a nugget will transmit. If your detector transmits a large spectrum of freq's..... say 1.5Khz all the way up to 100Khz; the gold items will respond a bit better to the higher transmitted freq's. This is NOT to say that the higher conductors such as silver coins will no longer be 'undetectable'. NOT true. If this were the case...... we'd all own high-freq detectors that would only find gold.......and not even see/detect all other items. NOT TRUE. NO SUCH THING.
Re: Vision Not So Sure
March 21, 2009 03:23PM
You have to test in the ground in the dirt in a test garden that has been designed and planted at least six months ago...from what I see your pull tab reading and gold reading are very close...That said I would think the new White's would give a blue wave for gold and a red on trash but on your test the wave shows the colors running together. On the penny and the nail it is almost the same but the size is different. In the real world I can dig those targets faster then it takes to analize the screen you are reading. And on my F75 I can hear the iron if it is mixed with another target. So you have to do a lot more tests in the real world to show that the vision is going to give more info then my ears do with my F75.

This is a post I responded to on the white's forum...it seems that a good pair of ears and a fast machine are not enough...the new tech machine has come and I would think it is going to have it's place and I would love to fool around with one but I am not so sure it is better then the F75. I guess I am going to be open minded and can't wait to read all the stuff that will be posted but I am not so sure that this machine gives anymore info that a good pair of ears. And if I know Fisher they are going to make a very interesting machine that will be the next TOP OF THE LINE.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

Jeb
March 21, 2009 04:12PM
I feel confident that My F75 covers all my bases . I`m so confident with it I`m not interested in the New Vision at all. The new Vision or any other detector has to do something my F75 can`t and untill it can, My F75 is the Bees knees.
March 22, 2009 03:50AM
[www.findmall.com]

If you look at the video a pull tab reads 22 and a nickel reads 23 so now the guy notches out the pull tab saying you don't have to dig anymore of these targets...is he crazy you mean to tell me he won't knock out any gold or nickels. the more I read the more I wonder...give me the new Fisher...

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

March 23, 2009 12:20PM
Until proven otherwise, the F75 remains the trump card.
been looking and reading as much as possible - the vision
March 23, 2009 08:50PM
targets can be given a tone for each

has some excellent features that sound like i love them. i would hope to see some beach tests soon.

IT IS NOT LIGHT, balance good from what i have heard, never owned any white's so i can not comment on this

i doubt the batteries will come close to matching the f75 performance

i have to quote tom: f75 remains the trump card..............for now
March 25, 2009 06:54PM
Hi Tom,

I just ordered your video and hope to see it sometime next week.

Do you plan to get your hands on a Vision for a thorough going-over? I'm very interested to hear your opinion of this unit.
March 25, 2009 07:22PM
I do not plan on purchasing one..... but sometimes a Mfr will send me one; in which I will always present a 100% facts-on-the-table report..... including a post(s) on this forum. I have zero ties to any Mfr; hence, allowing me total freedom and unbiased honesty. And with this bar-none forum, sometimes I am categorized as a 'loose-cannon'. I am not brand particular...... in fact, the build quality of White's units encroach 'superior'. The electronics are very reliable..... but, performance of White's units (usually) lack.
March 27, 2009 04:12AM
tom!
i for one am extremely pleased with your totally un-biased approach to the hobby.
those of us with many years of field experience certainly appreciate your input on equipment,and coin hunting!..an engineer who is passionate for the hunt as we all are,with NO factory tie-in!..what's NOT to like?

(h.h!)
j.t.
March 27, 2009 11:54AM
Because life is too short, I always want to make sure that what ever the best detector that is currently on the market........ will be the one that I am using. If I hunt a particular battlefield with a average/generic detector...... only to find that there exists a superior detector that is currently on the market..... that will find many more targets that the average/generic detector will not detect, , , then, nearly all of my labor & efforts with the generic detector.. are taken in vein. The opportunity to hunt that same battlefield may never come to fruition again, whether reasoning/justification is due to:

1. Lack of time
2. Field conditions changed (ie became a paved parking lot, building, roadway)
3. Permissions change
4. Conditions change (grass is now too tall)
5. Different health status
......... and the list goes on.

Head-to-head comparison testing is critical. Do not let anyone convince you otherwise. Efficientize the moment, time is precious.

Tom
March 27, 2009 12:11PM
I agree 100%. on one forum they do not like to talk about comparisons. The et and the vision. They say you cant compare???. I reallly enjoy reading about the different compaisons as long as the guy giving the comparison did not get his detector FREE!
March 27, 2009 11:36PM
hi tom!
on that note!.. i KNOW you are literally 'chomping at the bit" to compare the f-75 and whitey's new vision!..IF you are presented with this oppertunity,we all know we will be the recipients of a "first class" comparison!.

(h.h!)
j.t.
March 28, 2009 12:19AM
From what I read about the vision it seems like a real nice machine lots of eye candy and it all works. But I don't see anything different then any machine out there. Is it fast does it tell you if it is silver or a nickel or gold. Can it handle iron or bad ground. I took my F75 out and hunted a park in one tone disc of about 6 and it was boring I dug a lot of clad and a ring but no lights color or action just one tone...SO for me to spend $1,600 bucks I have to have a lot more then what it offers for me to enjoy the show

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

March 28, 2009 02:25AM
Wow, I had posted a thread earler today titled "Comparison Test Wanted!" over at Find's Vision forum and it got pulled over a civil discussion looking for comparative DATA regarding the Vision vs. the Etrac or F75 using a test bed. Looks like the moderator over there has some personal investment in the Vision and did not want any DATA posted regarding relative performance against two other top of the line machines. Very strange indeed given that the Vision probably has some characteristics that have value when compared to the Etrac or F75.

I guess we'll have to post some comparison data here. I'm looking forward to learning more of this new machine, without buying one firsthand!
March 28, 2009 11:46AM
Hence,,,,,, my deep concern with validity of the other forums. When other forums ban comparison testing......this can (very easily) predispose most individuals to 'distrust' and/or negative bias; even if the unit does have some merits. Still......... that being said............ keep an open mind on the Vision. It may have a niche that is above-and-beyond all others. Time will tell.

---- And on this same playing field; I still think the ACE 250 is the best bang-for-the-buck. But, I am (easily) willing to pay 500% more money to ascertain 50% better performance........ie CZ's, F75's.
March 29, 2009 02:08AM
For what its worth, there was an issue with Whites dealers "leaking" information on the Vision prematurely and understandably, Whites was quite upset about the leak. That might have something to do with pulling the other threads... not sure.

Whites isn't in the business to make junk. If they have a new top-end detector, it'll perform. I don't proclaim to test as extensive as Tom does, but I want to know as much as possible about my machine(s). You have to remember... the general public does not "push the limits" as some of us here but in turn wants an all purpose machine that will prospect, coin hunt, relic hunt, and beach hunt all in one machine. I know people who own a DFX and don't take it out of the factory "Coin" or "Coin & Relic" mode.... and simply love it! I think it'll have its own little niche that can suit your specific situation/needs. Like Tom said, "Time will tell".

Rob
March 29, 2009 03:27AM
Well, I'm personally highly annoyed by the pulled posts over on Findmall and this attitude of "everyone wanting a comparison should buy it". Next time they go shopping for a car, I think they should have to buy every one first..oh, and crash it themselves to see how it does for crash tests! Then they can re-buy the one that did best.

Sounds about as reasonable as what they say.