Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Unforgettable experiences

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Unforgettable experiences
March 19, 2009 01:10PM
Tom, have you had a chance to take the F75 back to the location "published in the 5th edition of Fisher Intelligence" where you found the coin spills in 2004?
Re: Unforgettable experiences
March 19, 2009 02:45PM
Yes, and at approx 60' radially outward from the iron nucleus..... and further out...... the coins/targets are just simply too deep for any (current) detector. This is where I still hold a properly tuned CZ-3D with large coil.... as the trump card for final raw-depth..... but only in areas where trash is sparce.

However; I did detect the iron nail infested pit which yielded many non-ferrous targets..... with two of them being coins.
I was thinking the large coil and the CZ-3D would be about the same as the F75 stock coil
March 19, 2009 09:52PM
I was thinking the large coil and the CZ-3D would be about the same as the F75 stock coil
Sooo many variables; but, on average, the CZ w/8" standard/stock coil is almost exactly identical in depth performance to the F75 w/7 x 11 standard/stock coil on dime/penny sized targets. A properly tuned CZ with the larger 10.5" coil will trump the F75 by a fair margin on dime-sized targets. The ground must be fairly sans/clean.

Now....... changing the parameters; LOW CONDUCTORS..... especially smaller targets, , , like U.S. one-dollar gold coins, buttons, pewter, buckshot, 3-Cent nickels, percussion caps etc......... The F75 will trump the CZ.

ALSO; due to the inherent design of the F75 elliptical DD coil EM footprint.... the "SEE BETWEEN" targets ability is tremendously excentuated... compared to the bull-in-the-china-shop concentric coil footprint. For example; say you have a pair of soda tabs. They are both at 4" deep...... and separated from each other by ..... say..... 12". Now.... exactly between these two soda tabs... you have a silver dime at a differing depth; say 9" depth. ---- A concentric coil does not have a chance. The DD coil will see all three targets....... yes, including the deeper silver dime. Once again, this is DEPTH vs. EFFECTIVE DEPTH --- (concentric vs. elliptical DD).

In greater detail all of this is in Fisher Intelligence "Coil Size Myths".

Tom
Thanks, Tom
March 20, 2009 04:57PM
Thanks, Tom