Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New favorite spot.

Posted by Bagonails 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New favorite spot.
May 21, 2012 04:29AM
We went back to the camp today for about 4 hours, all I can say is WOW!

[www.youtube.com]

6 1/2 Eagle buttons, 18 garment buttons, ringtail sharps, a buckle that I think came off of a forage cap, and what hunt wouldnt be compete without square nails.

Re: New favorite spot.
May 21, 2012 04:33AM
Wow,great day there!
May 21, 2012 09:41AM
Nice finds, keep on digging.
May 21, 2012 09:42AM
Maybe you can give some history on the buttonssmiling smiley Great day for you!!
May 21, 2012 10:04AM
That certainly was a good day Bagonails, Those are the nicest square nails out of the ground I've seen....keepers.
May 21, 2012 10:57AM
Those bent square nails can really mess with some detectors && " detectorists " brains. GREAT FINDS !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2012 11:00AM by Esteban.
May 21, 2012 01:33PM
Very nice. Historically significant. Yes.......... you are due (almost overdue) for a coin...... probably a half-dime or dime.
May 21, 2012 02:06PM
Nice finds and that ring tailed Sharps is extra nice. Hope you pull a gold coin out of that site.....
May 21, 2012 03:00PM
Yes some of the bent square nails sound really good, but I try and dig all good iron targets out there some are worth it. The site (Camp Radziminski) dates back to 1858, and has only been farm land since so I would love to find a coin out there. One of the coat buttons back mark is Scovills & Co. Super fine, I have found Scovills Waterbury and Horstmann & Allien. From what I have learned the range of buttons we have found are from 1840-1865. That is thef time peroid they were manufactured. The history has the main camps at 58-59 to fight the Comanche. That ringtail must have been a drop, the seam is still visible.
May 21, 2012 05:34PM
Bago,

If those buttons were about 6 inches apart and the cuff buttons were found on both sides, dig a little deeper and see if there was a gold coin in his pocket. LOL

Cuniagau

PS Save some for the fall hunt. - #14

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.”
May 21, 2012 11:41PM
Cuniagau --

That's morbid! smiling smiley LOL!

Steve