Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

back up water machine

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
back up water machine
May 22, 2012 02:01PM
Ive been using the Xcal since Aug last year and done better than very well with it. But in that time ive replaced 2 cracked coil covers and now my coil has separated and have to send it in for repair. The skid plates seem to be made of a brittal plastic that dont hold up well to heat and salt water. Anyway, i realized i only have the Exp Se now to hunt the beach with. So im considering a new water machine as a back up. Would you go with another Xcal thats proven its self, a CZ21 that is a bit different and might pull targets ive missed with the Xcal or a PI for those times there isnt any targets out there and deep sanded in times? Which PI would be your choice and which is tuned best for gold in the water?

Dew
Re: back up water machine
May 22, 2012 02:30PM
Fresh water?, Salt water? Hi trashy area or lo trash? How deep do you dive?
May 22, 2012 04:48PM
Assuming salt........... get another Excal.
May 22, 2012 06:33PM
yes im in Fl on the gulf side. I wouldnt call it real trashy. I run a good bit in PP with the Xcal and think the beaches here are fairly clean. I realize id be pickin thru a lot of worthless targets with a PI which also burns time. I cant say im disappointed with the Xcal ive done well with it this year. But there are times when there just isnt anything out there. That makes me think PI for a little extra depth. Thanks Tom..... i asked this on the PI because i know some are set differently more toward the gold range. I seem to be able to get the gold rings with no problem.... but the smaller stuff in the water.... isnt a PI just a little better for that?

Dew
May 22, 2012 11:18PM
Dew............... especially in Florida.............. most PI's are just a deep as the Excal/Sov/CZ. If you were in wet salt black sand......... I would then recommend a PI. Now............... if you can get your hands on a Eric Foster hand-built PI......... this would be a game-changer for Florida's beaches. . . . . . . . especially for 'other-than-rings'.
May 22, 2012 11:42PM
I just watched Max on his Youtube channel. He has that SE waterproofed. On yesterdays video he hit a dime that the other guy with the Excal could not hit. It looked like the Excal had the small coil, but Max said he does that all the time to the Excal and GT people. Maybe you got the perfect weapon in the corner?

If not I would get another Excal. E Tracs and Excals should be flying out of the closets for this new Minelab.

Oh yeah I almost forgot to tell you. Stop beating your coil!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2012 11:43PM by goodmore.
May 23, 2012 01:29AM
Heres my feeling best two saltwater units for in the water are an Excalibur and CZ21......From hunting old yards seems like what one unit won't pick up the other will and usually hunt the yard with several units and or coils....same goes for water as imagine you generally hunt particuliar areas..

Heck why buy two sets of identical black shoes when it would be wiser to buy a black pair and a brown pair to match your attire....

I do understand some black sand areas only a PI will work but if not applicable just some thoughts from an old timer thats been there done that....
May 23, 2012 01:32AM
Goodmore..... lol, i cant help it i love boiled crabs and those sucker can take quit a whack from the Xcal. Im not certain the 3030 is going to be something to replace an Xcal in deeper water. Thanks again you guys.

Dew