Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Here's a P.I. with 5 tone's

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Here's a P.I. with 5 tone's
May 27, 2012 02:11AM
I have been watching reading about this for about a month..Its mad ein Australia...

I was hesitant to talk about it but what the heck...It cost like 350.00 buck's for the machine...and it seems to be able to assign tones to certain target's...from low to high...

they guy who designed it says he is running it through 3 comparator's..

seems about as deep as a normal P.I. not a high gain P.I. but the tones seems to work somewhat...

it's called SPI MX3...

[australianelectronicgoldprospectingforum.com]

Not sure what to really make of it...but for a guy building in his house ..Pretty dang good...

Its cheap enough...not sure what it would do in red dirt..

He says it runs in Austrailian gold fields fine..
Re: Here's a P.I. with 5 tone's
May 27, 2012 03:39AM
do you think they will sell them in the States, wonder what the cost would be here, I'd like to try one of those up here
May 27, 2012 03:49AM
Heres an Ebay link ...says 2 available 1 sold......ships to the U.S. for $20.00...

[www.ebay.com]

Keith
May 27, 2012 04:53AM
The price is right.
May 27, 2012 10:46AM
As a part time beach hunter I was more interested in the huge plastic shovel. The young man seems to havea good grasp on the sounds of the detector.
May 27, 2012 11:31AM
My reasoning behind using a Pulse machine would be twofold ....One would be depth , and the other would be adversity to salt and mineralization ......It handles one out of the two ......works well on descriminaton , but no real depth ....Still a step in the right direction .......Jim
May 27, 2012 12:08PM
Interesting.... but it was difficult to tell what kind of depth he was getting. If he wants to be convincing it time to take it to a controlled test with sounds and accurate depth measurements. It didnt look like he was really getting anymore depth or even hitting small targets that an Xcal or CZ would. Perhaps it was just to show disc could be done on a PI. Personally.... a PI with ACCURATE hi lo tones and a little more depth would suit me on the beach. Dont you loose depth on any machine that processes a signal? If it only has to beep or id the target as metal (PP) there is better depth than filtering and processing depth wise. This gives us hope.... but id still not at this point be sending almost $400 on that vedio machine.

Dew
May 28, 2012 06:01PM
The fella is a Geotech forum member according to this post:
[www.geotech1.com]

No mention on the forum about his PI except in a thread about making a spiral coil.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
May 28, 2012 11:47PM
Actually there is a link to another thread there....

[www.geotech1.com]

Fairly good read but looks like it falls just a little short for using in dirt?
May 29, 2012 02:55PM
we wish him luck maybe he has cracked it with the junk targets and has the Holy Grail inside .
multimillionaire in no time
May 29, 2012 03:34PM
Yes seems interesting..Maybe someone will get one eventually and test it out...

Does not seem deep like a TDI or Infinium or GPX ...

but give the guy credit...He's trying ...

Keith
May 29, 2012 06:31PM
Just a guess but according to one of his posts, he is using alum foil for shielding
so that could cause less depth.
I suppose making a proper shield is part art, part science.
Too little shielding likely would risk interference.
May 31, 2012 01:31AM
PI mono coils are fairly easy to make, spiral coils take more effort to get them right. Shielding is pretty well straight forward. Different types of materials have been used, alumin. foil, space blankets, copper web, single wire, copper tape.
I use conductive adhesive copper tape over plastic spiral wrapped 19 strand teflon insulated silver tinned wire to make a fast PI coil. Sealed with non conductive potting epoxy.

I am sure he enjoys building his PI unit, would be nice to have a discriminating PI. Hope he gets his sorted out, from what I learned he works for a high tech electronics company.

I enjoyed building mine as well, completing my own water beach unit. Making a land version as well. Something to pass the time and satisfy my urge to build something. If you want to follow my project:
[www.treasurelinx.com] Sorry for high jacking this thread

If your so inclined, there are a bunch of PI's you can build from schematics kits found on Geotech and Silverdog [www.silverdog.co.uk]

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
May 31, 2012 01:48AM
i think his started out as a project open for others to build as well and somewhere down the line
he decided to make his for sale.
Good to hear of yours, wish I was electronically inclined, I would try building some.
I used to follow Geo but since I don't have the skill, everything was over my head.
Who knows, perhaps he will develop it further...