Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NEWER F-75.... Dont know what they will call it?????

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
NEWER F-75.... Dont know what they will call it?????
March 23, 2009 03:54PM
Heard that fisher is coming out SOON with an updated F-75. Anyone else heard this??? Vision will have to wait and see for me.....Better be soon though!
Re: NEWER F-75.... Dont know what they will call it?????
March 24, 2009 06:56AM
I'm betting anyone that DOES know won't confirm. However, I kind of hate that attitude. With the Etrac out and White's new Vision, even a RUMOR of another detector as an upgraded F-75 with possible improvements is STILL going to make me sit on cash. And if it weren't, and I bought an F-75, I'd be a bit ticked off if a month later a new top Fisher was released.

Metal detector companies are so paranoid about hurting existing sales by letting that news out I think they do more harm than good to their reputations. Look at the computer industry...I "KNOW" the schedule (heck, even pricing) of new processors and their release schedule, I can read previews of new video cards or sound cards long before they're officially released, and somehow those companies still seem to operate and sell the current tech without annoying / alienating those who get sore feelings if they purchase and didn't know a new release was imminent.
March 24, 2009 11:02PM
I'm hoping they call it the F75-CZ! F75 components and CZ build quality.
March 25, 2009 01:38AM
Never shun newer/later/greater/better upgrades..... including completely-new models (regardless of Mfr)! We would not be the leader in space if it wasn't for newer Rev's & enhanced mod's. My philosophy is; what ever newer conceptual enhancement....... install it NOW. Then progress forward on the NEXT newer improvement. I do not care if I spend hard-earned cash right now on a new-and-improved F75.......... then, only to have that model instantly become obsolete 7 weeks later..... because someone 'brainstormed' a major technological breakthrough. Do not hold back (reserve) our human advancement brainchilds.

Tom
March 25, 2009 02:42AM
With that said is Fisher coming out with a new upgrade for the F75..I would send mine in if it was a real upgrade that could make a difference. Now with white's new unit (and I am not sold that is anything so different from a fancy DFX) Give me greater depth and greater unmasking and I can live without wireles headphones and color graphs and a lot of stuff to think about while my buddy is busy digging targets with his F75.

I think this is a lot of info that may still not be enough to tell you to dig or not to dig. It is cool, but cool is not what I want. When I hunt with the F75 I sometimes use mono tone and my ears and the VDI. In about one minute or less I know if I am going to dig the target.

So do I need a vision I will have to read a lot of in depth info and test against other top of the line machines before I make up my mind. For White's it has been a long time coming for a new machine and it had to be different with a ton of options. It is a heavy machine almost five pounds and I don't know if I can swing that weight all day like I can with the F75?

So what is Fisher up to? If they are to come out with the next top of the line machine and coming out with it this fast you have to wonder if Dave Johnson has had this machine in his head for a few years and just needed a company with vision and $$ to let him create it. So we will have to see what the next step is for Fisher. How about a couple of freq..like 15 and say 2.5 for silver?

Is Fisher going to go all fancy and do USB and color screens or just give us raw power and depth. A new DD coil that is so tight you can bounce a silver dollar off of it.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 25, 2009 07:11PM
In all honesty, I truly hope the new Vision will tremendously trump the F75. I love to see new innovative ideas come about.... by bright folks. But, yet, on the other hand, , , and in realistic expectations; I do not believe the Vision is going to break the (20 years and holding) 11" - 12" dirt depth on a dime.... or perform any better in the iron with a concentric DD.

And just because some other Mfr is coming out with a new top-end unit....... certainly does not mean that Fisher must also do the same (or any other Mfr... for that matter).
I got the chance to actually look at a new Vision last weekend.....
March 26, 2009 12:10AM
Keith Zorger of Whites had one at the last DIV. Unless they do something magical with the software.....I dont see it performing much better than a DFX/XLT as far as depth. We bought the new round DD Coil available for the MXT this weekend too, and the Vision coil looks EXACTLY like the new MXT coil. The new coil improved ID's a bit on the MXT (Lindas machine)...............but didnt add a speck of depth or separation. Might have gotten almost the depth the stock MXT coil gets, but no better separation than the mid sized Whites Elleptical DD. At a MSRP of 1699.00, the Vision better be DANG good!! untill I see it really kicking the butt of everything out there, I'll stay with my trusty F75.............
March 26, 2009 02:41AM
Tom we need you to find a vision and test it for all of us... does Fisher have any cotract with you. We need to let you do a test and then test it in a head to head with the F75. PLEASE!!!

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 26, 2009 11:46AM
No contract with Fisher any more....... but I do a fair amount of testing for them.