Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

TOM HIGH SENS

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
TOM HIGH SENS
August 26, 2007 01:49AM
You seem to crank up the sens on the F75 I remember on your older posts that too much sens masks targets becasue it incresses the coils footprint. Is that the case on the F75?

One more question...on the F75 you use a mono tone! I was hunting some very old hard dirt very hard to get any depth I tried the mono tone and it was really broken up but then used the 3H tone and heard a high tone only for a fraction of a sec but enough to slow me down and then I dug and pulled out a drink token with a star cut out in the middle.

My thought was I picked out that high tone it gave me an edge. So would like to hear your thoughts. And on the four tone you say the tone that is just below the high tone is for older coins. What kind of coins are you refering to. On my 3Z all my old american coins were high tones.

Well summer is winding down and the F75 has been a very fun machine wish we had a smaller col and a larger one. Hope you and NASA are doing some cool stuff.

THANKS FOR YOUR WEB SIGHT

LAWRENZO
Re: TOM HIGH SENS
August 27, 2007 01:50AM
#1 On both the T-2 & F-75..... running a higher Sens gain in the trash (especially iron) presents a MUCH enhanced resolution on non-ferrous targets amongst iron. Definitely a paradoxical contradiction; what is....... but should NEVER be. Next time you find a non-ferrous target amongst high iron trash concentration (with high Sens settings)....... drop the Sens and see what happens. The non-ferrous target audio resolution will decrease.......possibly even disappear completely (depends how badly masked the non-Fe target is). The more masking... the HIGHER the Sens needs to be on the T-2/F-75. ((( This is not a typo )))!

#2 The mandatory "monotone" instructions is primarily for iron nail pits. Long description:
--- If a non-ferrous target is co-located in very close proximity to iron/multi-iron scenario.......,,,,,,,, then......... as you rotate your body around the composite target; the audio will be bouncing between all of the different tones (same with VDI)...with each tone being exceptionally short in duration. You may even encounter a multi-tone audible reporting in ONE sweep of the coil !!! ..... Surely enough to confuse most detectorists into a NON-recovery decision..... as the target is audibly confusing,,, and is not a 'clean' or "solid" repeatable sounding target. ((( Most masked targets are not 'clean' audio targets ))). Each of the multi-tones reporting will be audibly shorter in duration. Kind of a "ratty" sounding/bouncing signal. NOW..... when monotone is selected/invoked,,,,,, this SAME composite target(s) will audibly report a LONGER duration audible presentation (instead of several shorter-in-length different tones in one sweep of the coil)..... that will less-likely confuse the operator ..... and authorize the operator to make a much better profiling of the composite target audio signature ..... with the end resultant being a more intelligible target-recovery decision from less audible fatigue. Tech Terms; A better signal-to-hull emitter correlation. I'd rather hear ONE "longer" monotone vs. several shorter multi-tones in a single coil sweep. NOW....... IMAGINE sweeping the coil in a iron nail pit with 2 or 3 or ---- especially 4 tones selected. A hill-billy jug band!!! Try and make non-fatigued intelligent audio decisions under this common scenario! The VDI is extremely "jumpy" in iron pits.... AND SO WOULD BE THE MULTI-TONES!!! ...... At least,,,, in monotone,,,,, as the VDI is presenting extreme variances .... the one monotone will be CONSTANT and STABLE......even as the conductivity of the multi-target scenario varies dramatically ........ even with only one sweep of the coil.

#3 On CZ-3D.... in the 'enhanced' mode; Nearly ALL old coins.... and new coins,,,,, will report as "hi-tone". On the F-75 & T-2, you MUST invoke 4-tone...... which will then cause the OLD coins to audibly report in the 3rd highest tone region...... and the new coins will remain in THE highest tone. If you select 3-tone on T-2/F-75.... only the NEW coins will report as high-tone.... and SOME of the older coins may report as high tone. Most of the older coins would then audibly report as mid-tone (just like the alum soda tabs).

#4 If you run Disc on 0-4 on the F-75.... many nails will report as good targets. With F-75 Disc on '6'..... MOST (not all) nails will report as a snap-crackle-pop....tick-click; which, in turn..... can be ignored. Axe heads, hammers, gun barrels and other larger iron targets will give a good audio with Disc on '6' on the F-75. .... But, MOST fields we hunt are not loaded with axe heads, gun barrels and hammers.

Thomas J. Dankowski
Re: TOM HIGH SENS
August 27, 2007 05:13AM
I will have to give this a try don't hunt too many places that are filled with nails but good to know I do run into a lot of trash and mixed iron. The nice thing about the F75 is you can program it. Now all of my old coins have been high tone so far.