Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

E-trac vs ????

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
E-trac vs ????
March 26, 2009 11:27AM
i have gone to at least 4 places that we have hunted VERY hard over the years. Almost every time I find 2-4 peices of silver that is deeper than usual. Seems to me that the et is going deeper than others that we have used in these areas. QUESTION is, what is your opinion TD of the E-trac. anyone elses opinion is also appreciated... I do have a Vision on order? Have used the f-75 for a short while, did not really give it a fair chance. The excessive chatter seem to wear me down mentally,although I think it is a deep detector....Have you ever compared the f-75 to the ET?
Re: E-trac vs ????
March 26, 2009 11:52AM
Yes, and I have reported it in a previous thread(s). In short, the F75 retains the lead in adjacent target separation recovery speed...... and does not NULL in iron. Yes, it can be EXTREMELY 'chattery' in nail infested sites. The ET & F75 have approx the same depth in nearly all situations...... except the wet salt beach. This is where the ET takes the lead.
March 26, 2009 12:09PM
thanks for you input... i aggree that the recovery of the f-75 is outstanding.....
March 26, 2009 07:04PM
If you want to see some depth get you a cz and put a 10 1/2 " coil on it and it would go deeper then e-track.
March 27, 2009 11:56AM
This is one of the primary reasons as to why I still own a CZ..... and do not place 100% reliance upon the F75. In fairly clean areas, a large coil equipped CZ still is the trump card for depth and salt beaches.
March 27, 2009 01:45PM
Tom,

I couldn’t agree with you more. I still have my CZ70 Pro, my CZ20, my F75 and next week getting an E-trac as I have been using my buddy’s for the past few weeks and really like so many aspects of it.
They each one have there advantages and disadvantages. The E-trac will be my highly minerized ground machine and is good in trash but I don’t feel as good as the F75 in nail infested areas. The F75 is light enough to swing day after day but not good on salt beaches. The CZ70 is great on salt beaches as well as land and great depth especially when you are able to have the time to really grid an area. And it is weather resistant and built like a tank. So my truck is usually loaded with all machines and depending on the location and weather, I can hunt in any conditions and soil. (so far)

Cuniagau

PS I just got my 5 inch DD coil for the F75 and am waiting for the F75 to come back from Texas where it is getting the weather seal upgrade.

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.”