Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What a day with the XP Deus!!! I wish everyday was like this!

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What a day with the XP Deus!!! I wish everyday was like this!
June 01, 2012 11:26PM
Found a new yard to hunt this morning. And while I was hunting it, the owner of the house next door said: when ya get done there, you're welcome to come over here. And while I was hunting that yard, I guy across the road said: You are welcome to hunt my yard is ya want. I was running out of time and asked him if I could hunt it tomorrow morning and he said :sure". The three half dimes where stuck together!!!!! I put them in boiling water and finally got them apart without marking them. I also found TWO V-Nickels!!!!! And to top it all off.....a 2 cent piece!!!!!!! Wow!
My relic hunting wasn't as plentiful but still found a first: The big iron grapeshot. That, along with some pieces of camp lead and a pistol bullet and a 58 cal Minie completes the list. Of yeah, and a decorative lock plate. Or half of it anyway. What a day. I hunted in number 2 program mainly. But also number one and number three, and number five (which I have altered to be zero disc and 12 khz). And on top of it all...the weather was cool all day. I will never forget this day.

I realize that I didn't post some coin dates but will later. I'm just hyped up and need to show someone that I had a phenominal day.
Re: What a day with the XP Deus!!! I wish everyday was like this!
June 01, 2012 11:40PM
Boy I reckon!! Great day! Congrats!! Half dimes are my favorite coins.
June 02, 2012 12:17AM
Aye Carumba Kevin!!! What a haulsmiling smiley
June 02, 2012 12:24AM
Nice coins for sure Kevin!!

I like that 2 center...thats one of my favorite non silver coin's...

That 73 Quarter is the first year for arrows beside the date I understand,,,The arrows mean the Quarter weighs slightly more than the 72 's...If your's did not have arrows on that coin you could be set up for while LOL!!!

If thats a 73 Carson City mint mark (CC) it can be worth quite a bit even it that condition.....A G-4 will bring $5,000.00..

Is it a CC?

[www.us-coin-values-advisor.com]

all in all very good find's...

May I ask what the date is on the 2 center...I have only dug one in my life it was a 68...Not alot of 2 centers are dug....I know I was happy when I found mine I know you was happy to get your's....always fun to get one off the list...Cant beat the excitement...I love relics more than anything but certain coin's get me going also...especially short lived coins like the 2 center and flying eagle's..

Great Digs

Keith
June 02, 2012 02:24AM
The 2 center is 1865. The place where the mint mark fro the seated quarter is stained. I'm going to try and clean it carefully at least to see the mint mark.
June 02, 2012 02:26AM
Wow!! How often does a guy get THREE half dimes in a day....and then a two cent! Great day bud. Bet you cant wait to hit that third yard...Hope you get a twenty cent piece and a three dollar gold coin!
June 02, 2012 02:52AM
The oldest coin I have ever found, I found today. One of the half dimes is a 1837 and in spite of the black tarnish being so thick, I don't think that this one has stars on the front. The other two do. They are 1850 and 1840. I cannot imagine ever being so lucky. When i first bought an ACE250, a few weeks later I found three mercury dimes in one hole. I didn't think lightning struck twice in the same spot so to speak. But in this world, anything can happen. LOL I am tickled. The coins probably ain't worth any more than the melt value but who cares. To me...they are relics from the past. But for three to be stuck together so tightly, I bet that a whole roll was hidden or lost and they somehow got broke up over time. A disc or plow. Who knows. Who cares. They're MINE NOW!!!!!! LOL ( I'm just havin fun.)
June 02, 2012 09:03AM
Ahh...WOW. Good for you, Kevin B -- that's a special day!

Steve
June 02, 2012 12:01PM
Now how did you manage to hunt all those yards without a GPS? Just kidding! Very nice finds. It goes to show what all of us know. Location w/ a detector we know is what makes a GREAT day.

Show these finds off to more of the neighbors. You might be hunting these yards for some time to come. You lucky dog!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2012 12:02PM by goodmore.
June 02, 2012 01:48PM
Congrat's on your 52-Cents!
June 02, 2012 01:51PM
Wow..congrats on a great day.....don't know about you but would hit those yards again and again....some yards produce and some don't just about sums it up....and if signals get scarce go for a good iffie....
June 02, 2012 01:54PM
WTG....success - fun....priceless!!!
June 02, 2012 03:45PM
Congrats on your nice hunt and great luck with the neighbors! Seriously, I need to get some courage and try that here in Germany. Where I am is 500 years old! LOL

Continued good luck, and like Tom said, enjoy your 52 cents ;-)

Albert
jrk
June 02, 2012 06:40PM
Hey Kevin, great day!
I'm curious, between you and Keith's documentation, I'm trying to learn the Deus. What have you found your favorite settings to be based on the places you hunt the most?

Thanks,
Randy
June 02, 2012 07:18PM
jrk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Kevin, great day!
> I'm curious, between you and Keith's
> documentation, I'm trying to learn the Deus. What
> have you found your favorite settings to be based
> on the places you hunt the most?
>
> Thanks,
> Randy

Well, when the day is done (so to speak) I find that the Programs 1,2,3, and 5 are the ones that I ground balance at a site. I get that out of the way first thing. If I have to change GB during course of a hunt, I change them all. That way, I can check signals with different programs. On Program 5, I use it as my guinea pig program. I will alter it this way and that way. I will set it up in two or three tone and zero disc or I will add a couple of points of disc. I will chage the reactivity setting as I move through the site from trashy to not trashy. The sliencer, I still just leave it alone as I just don't understand it even after reading all of the good info. (the fault is mine, not the people helping). I will use as much sens as I can. Usually 99 is cool even in town. I leave Program 1,2,3 alone except for the sensitivity and many times I don't even touch that. MY logic about the factory presets? The guy who formulated those programs knew/knows alot more about the Deus than me.
June 02, 2012 07:59PM
SWEET!! Gotta love those old yards and the Deus!!
jrk
June 02, 2012 08:06PM
Thanks for the info Kevin! And congrats again!
jrk
June 02, 2012 08:25PM
Got all of 45 mins on the Deus. Have a burried modern quarter at 12" flat. Only been in ground 3 days. So...

My ET doesn't care about that target given many diff settings until I get into about 24-25 sens, and from this point up to 30, it's iffy. Forget ID'ing via screen.
The Deus in Basic 1 barely sniffs it out. Relic hits it pretty strong from all angles. Going back to Basic 1 and bringing Silencer down to 1 or 0, the quarter rings in as solid as Relic. But...not sure if I can come to grips with the chatter. All said, I can adjust the Deus in such ways to easily see my quarter, but sens is all I've found to get iffy on same target with my ET. I've got about 2 years on the ET, but no pro...

Looking forward to learning more.

Randy.
June 02, 2012 09:01PM
Hey Randy..

Good to talk to you on the phone the Yesterday...

Yes the DEUS can get deep ....when you went to relic mode it was in 8 khz...if you get into some bad dirt you will find the 4Khz to hit items at extreme depth the other freqs wont...

Like I mentioned on the phone I have a Quarter at a dead 15 inches flat and the 4khz with a -1 silencer will pop it every time...15 inches on a quarter is quite a feat!!

I like that you see the 12 inch quarter with the DEUS...I always say you can't go by what others people say till you do/see things for yourself..

Dont worry about the noise too much... power makes noise and it's not really that noisy...Theres plenty of high gain detecors alot noisier..

I know on the phone you seemed apprehensive about the depth...I think you can see it is as deep as any other when compared accordingly..

Its in it's own leauge in iron though...

Keith
June 02, 2012 11:26PM
Went back and found an 1885 Indian Head, an 1883 0r 1885 V Nickel ( it is so badly corroded that I cannot tell). Only after trying to clean it did I look the 1885 up and realize that it was a key date. The date is NOT readable at any angle. I tried to clear the date up with something and it took the date off. Yeah, I'm mad at myself. But withcorroded coins (when they are this bad), what would a key date mean anyway. The V on the back is not even seeable. On the other hand the 1885 Indian Head is in fairly good condition. It;'s just not a key date. Als found a chewed 69 cal ball. You can see bicuspid marks clearly in it. Pretty good day. The ball was about 8 inches deep!
June 03, 2012 12:14AM
The destiny of that nickel started when it was dropped. It just wasn't meant to be. Glad to hear of your continued success with the Deus. I got out today for a while. I dug two 1906 Indians and a 1908 Barber Quarter. The barber quarter was elusive for me this year. I'm glad to have that monkey off my back. The Deus is one fun detector. I just don't know of another way to describe it. Even if the day was a shutout on the finds I come home impressed with the detector. I need to force myself to use the big coil. I took it along to the hunt telling myself I need to learn it more. Once I got to the site I put on the small coil and never went back to the car.
June 03, 2012 02:14AM
I am debating getting that big coil. The chances are good I guess. There are certain places that having a bigger footprint would benefit. Of course, any added depth would always be welcome but I haven't heard many, or any!!! stories of a major depth improvement with it. I wish someone would at least do an airtest on the small with certain coins and then turn right around and do it with the big coil. Some solid proof of a two inch or better depth increase with the bigger coil would likely push me over the brink.
jrk
June 03, 2012 03:48AM
Yes Keith, wonderful speaking to you as well! I've learned a lot from your posts and phone conversation. I look forward to getting some time under my belt with the Deus, if the wife will give it back!
Kevin, check out Garry's Metal Detecting site in the UK. He's done a pretty good write-up on the larger coil...think it's what you're after.

[www.garysdetecting.co.uk]

Randy