Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Theres a used 3030 for sale on the Treasure Depot

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Theres a used 3030 for sale on the Treasure Depot
June 03, 2012 12:59AM
Might be a good deal for someone if He's negotiable?

Keith
Re: Theres a used 3030 for sale on the Treasure Depot
June 03, 2012 05:28AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Might be a good deal for someone if He's
> negotiable?
>
> Keith

Bill S---used 10 hrs.---starter pack tho.
June 03, 2012 09:24AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Keith Southern Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Might be a good deal for someone if He's
> > negotiable?
> >
> > Keith
>
>
> Bill S---used 10 hrs.---starter pack tho.

Bill mentioned to me he was selling it as we had a few PM's about the machine. Don't take that as a downer. Bill likes to try new detectors quite often. Think there was even a thread here about that and then he came and joined here, so watch what you say ;-)
I am shocked he is doing it so soon though.

Albert
June 03, 2012 12:38PM
Never sell a detector until its paid for its self..... then ya know. If i had that kind of cash flow.... im afraid id buy and not sell. There would be a new show.... DETECTOR HORDER.

Dew
June 03, 2012 01:28PM
There will be many more for sale soon enough. If I tried one and didn't quite like it I would unload it while the (got to have it) buzz was still running wild. Let's face it. If it isn't quite what you expected or liked that is a bunch of money sitting in the corner. That is why I sold the E Trac. I knew I would not use it after getting the Deus. And I got a Sovereign GT back in the arsenal for the wet sand. The more I am reading from the still very early reports is that it is some improvement over the E Trac. Is it worth the $$$. That you will have to decide for yourself. So I don't blame the guy at all.
June 03, 2012 02:00PM
Certainly no bearing on if the 3030 is good or bad as its just too soon to tell and perhaps down the road once feedback comes in along with a little trick or two or perhaps observation on a particuliar facet we will have a better idea. Having used the Explorer series...learned well tough unit to beat....and he stated he has an E-trac. Heck could be many reasons he is selling and its his call and perhaps your call if you want to pick up a bargain. I previously noted perhaps there was a method to Minelabs madness with their transferrable warranty and certainly easier to sell units with transferrable warranties comes into play and certainly sells more Minelab units in the long run.
June 03, 2012 02:25PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
> Certainly no bearing on if the 3030 is good or bad
> as its just too soon to tell and perhaps down the
> road once feedback comes in along with a little
> trick or two or perhaps observation on a
> particuliar facet we will have a better idea.
> Having used the Explorer series...learned well
> tough unit to beat....and he stated he has an
> E-trac. Heck could be many reasons he is selling
> and its his call and perhaps your call if you want
> to pick up a bargain. I previously noted perhaps
> there was a method to Minelabs madness with their
> transferrable warranty and certainly easier to
> sell units with transferrable warranties comes
> into play and certainly sells more Minelab units
> in the long run.

Good point Dan.---I think Minelab going to that transferable warranty was not only an excellent move on there part but a BIG benefit to us (the users).----I wish ALL detector manufacturers had transferable warranties--think they should.---Are you listenin FT? grin
June 03, 2012 06:40PM
I think the real story here is that people still use Treasure Depot. (couldn't resist!)
June 04, 2012 01:21AM
If I can get the CTX to mimic the E-Trac/Explorer high silver tone/warble i will be much happier with mine.
June 04, 2012 06:03AM
Shambler Wrote:
> I think the real story here is that people still
> use Treasure Depot. (couldn't resist!)

Now ain't THAT the truth!! lol. All that's left over there are the ones who think they are the elite diggers of the world and the ones who honestly don't know any better.
June 04, 2012 02:57PM
Silverhound im told you might get a disappointment there. The improvements may have lost you that nice tinkle on silver. But you got a well balanced machine you can use in the water (if you are careful), with a faster processor..... Not sure what the Treasure Depot was about?? Im one of that dont know any better..... i like the pictures.

Dew
June 05, 2012 01:02AM
Dew -- It's a long story. Goes back several years now. I was a member over there until I went on one of the hunts they put on. The site we went to was near Fredericksburg, VA and was a very small piece of property. After hunting around til lunch on the first day and not finding anything, I figured I was just in the wrong spots. I came back to the truck for lunch and ran into several friends standing around chatting about the hunt. Out of about 8 people in the group, only one had found a bullet...the rest were like me, empty handed. As I went and made a sandwich to eat, and came back to the group, there were people getting mad because they hadn't found anything either...and by the time I finished lunch, people were loading up and leaving, headed back to their homes...literally driving around the property gate that was closed, in order to leave. We went back and hunted the rest of the first day and all I found the whole hunt was a single buckshot ball. I went ahead and went on home after that myself. The hunt was a disaster...everyone knew it. Well I was disappointed in this but the part that got me to leave the site was when everybody got back. Every time a post was made from someone about the hunt being bad, that post was immediately deleted, and if the person persisted on posting, they were "banned". There were a bunch that got banned from the post hunt talk on the forum for no other reason than it made them look bad for having a bad hunt. All they had to have done was admit they had a bad hunt, and done some way to fix it...but instead they chose to sensor everybody that spoke up about it. I was one of them that spoke up about it and received several bad emails from it...and thus I actually removed myself from the forum. I made my way to another board that hosts a big relic hunt and was able to make the list for one of their hunts. I found more in the first 30 minutes of that hunt than I did in the two hunts COMBINED that I had been on previously with the Depot. They openly talk about those people like they are dogs and the scum of the earth on the Depot and I truthfully didn't know what to expect when I went on my first hunt. I can tell you that those statements are nothing further than the truth. When you go on one of their hunts, you don't ever hear the hunt organizers running the Depot or their hunts down...can't say the same for the Depot crowd because they made fun of John and the gang in the hunt meetings at the two I was at. There are other things that have happened here and there...all I can say is what I saw and I wasn't directly involved in any of that so I dont go into all that. But I was present on the hunt and saw what was happening on the board with folks that tried to tell about their experience on the hunt...if it wasn't good, it was deleted, and if they persisted, they were banned.