Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CTX 3030 Battery Problem

Posted by JR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
JR
CTX 3030 Battery Problem
June 04, 2012 12:54PM
Today I was going to charge the CTX 3030 battery and use the alkaline battery pack on the detector. This is the first time the battery has been taken off the detector since I put it together. I'm glad I didn't switch batteries in the field because the red o-ring waterproofing seal fell off. If I hadn't been paying attention and didn't see it fall, I would have been in for a bad surprise when I went in the water. So far love the detector, but didn't want anyone to get a nasty surprise.

JR
Re: CTX 3030 Battery Problem
June 04, 2012 01:26PM
Hummm imagine that. Just think if it had been neck deep in salt water. I see they are having screen freeze or shut off as well. There is going to be growing pains with any new equipment. Still a little pricy if you start having trouble unlike the AT Pro.

Dew
June 04, 2012 02:33PM
Perhaps not pricey but the AT pro had problems for sure but Garrett sure stood behind their product and imagine first run problems cost them a tad at best....
June 04, 2012 03:24PM
Nice tidbit that owners will be well advised to be aware of. I will when the time comes!

But, would the pack fit a bit "loose" without the seal, like would you notice it's off?

Thx for sharing.

Albert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2012 03:25PM by earthmansurfer.
JR
June 04, 2012 03:48PM
The battery plugs into connectors, so you wouldn't notice any movement. Once you latch the side clamps on the battery assembly everything appears normal , but is not waterproof.

JR
June 05, 2012 01:40AM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Perhaps not pricey but the AT pro had problems for
> sure but Garrett sure stood behind their product
> and imagine first run problems cost them a tad at
> best....

Oh, come on! The markup on any of these detectors from any company is subsantial I am sure.
They are making plenty--so fixing them is no big deal, and it gives someone a job.
June 05, 2012 12:10PM
I have only read about one freeze up problem out of all the CTX's out there and Minelab called the guy that owned it and made arangements to fast ship him a new one. He didn't call them, they called him.
Re: CTX 3030 Battery Problem ( Better look )
June 05, 2012 03:18PM
I have one coming but hate to tell you there has been more problems than what you think. Read i think on the 2nd page of the minelab 3030 page and read about all of the units that have been shutting down on there own. one proble the gasket just fell of when he took the batter off the unit. sorry to hear those problems myself but I am still gonna try one, just in no hurry now
June 05, 2012 11:08PM
Paul there was a thread with 8 to 10 posts with the freeze up problem, then like magic
the whole thread was gone.
June 06, 2012 10:29AM
gman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Paul there was a thread with 8 to 10 posts with
> the freeze up problem, then like magic
> the whole thread was gone.
I am not normally going to defend findmall but I think if you look at page 2 or even maybe page 3 the thread about the freeze ups is still there. I cant check at the moment for some reason I can access that site from this pc. get blocked as
I am at work. But I think the thread is still there just no comments lately. thanks
June 06, 2012 10:53AM
Sonny you are correct , the thread is at the top of page 3 at Finds.
I counted 11 people with the problem on the thread.

PS Paul was talking about freeze up problem

The thread i was talking of was shut down problems

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2012 11:48AM by gman.