Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

V I S I O N

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
V I S I O N
March 27, 2009 06:32PM
One of the forums banned doing commparisons on the new Vision so you can't post how it does next to a F75 or any other detector..Findmall is playing hardball and that is just not right. I will wait for the new Fisher...I think if the new Fisher is a cross between the CZ and the F75 with more depth and I can use multy freq maybe even have control on which freq I want to use. And maybe a few new state of the art ideas...then I am willing to wait and see what Fisher does.

I think that White's has really come out with the next state of the art machine but does it work in the real world of dirt and iorn and trash? The DFX was a great machine you had so much control but I didn't really see it ever come close to my CZ. Once I got my Fisher I was sold.

I think the F5 is a fun backup for my friends but I do need another unit that can address a few problems with depth and masking. The F75 is the best machine I have used in calif.. I have been reading on how the coinstrike loves to lock in on coins and is real deep. I think the new Fisher should have more depth and maybe a better lock in on targets. But some of my best finds have been iffy hits and you just have to have the energy to dig, dig and dig,

When I am in a high trash area I tend to cherry pick more and I know I am not getting a lot of the good stuff that is mixed in with the trash. If I know an area is old I will spend the first hour digging everything till I get too tired to keep that energy up. It seems the new vision is not going to tell you if you have a pull tab or a gold ring but it does give you state of the art info. Some guys like to have that info.

And our generation of hunters is changing but as someone said it is getting harder to find good sights and get the OK to hunt them. As I drive around my town I still see a lot of old homes and areas that have history. In America there is a lot of history still around..it just comes down to who you know and if you can the OK from the land owner.

On this forum you can say what you have to say and you can say what you think about any detector out there. So I will wait to see if anyone gets the newest machine that is out there and can be honset to why they like it or don't

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: V I S I O N
March 27, 2009 07:54PM
Just a guess, but it looks like Whites is trying to make the sale with all the gadgets. I'm not sure if it will perform much better than the DFX does now. I would wheel around a garbage can if it outperformed any detector on the market. I don't need a color screen and usb, just give me performance and simplicity.
March 28, 2009 02:29AM
Yup, I posted the 'comparison' question on the other forum and that got yanked. Since I can't post a question to the folks that probably own a Vision at the Vision forum, I'll ask if any F75 folks can compare their machines to the Vision, should they get possession of one. No bashing, just an unbiased assessment of performance.

And I don't want to get into that "test bed" discussion again...
March 28, 2009 12:02PM
I have difficulty understanding why someone (or a corporate entity) would choose to build a unit that has pages and pages and pages of menu's upon menu's upon menu's of complexity into a unit. "Customization" is a hard buy..... for me. And then along comes a Mfr that produces a unit with only a few knobs/buttons (some units only have one knob)...... that requires minimal 'set-up'; subsequently "trumping" the real-world performance of a unit with multi-layered menu's/complexities.
F75 and multy tones?
March 28, 2009 02:35PM
I tried to use 4 tone at a park the other day a different one and it had a hard time the tones were trying to lock on but then I went with mono tone and it locked on each good target.

Multy tone is not like it would be on most other units..I don't think I pushed the sens past 80 and I did put some disc on it. Tom you say run it as high as you can and use 0 disc?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: F75 and multy tones?
March 28, 2009 02:55PM
I think the multiple pages of menus and settings helps the former DFX and XLT customer/users feel more comfortable with "the new and improved detector".Also it allows one to think that they have at least the options of setting up this new detector like one for "Down Under".Marketing?Bill
Re: F75 and multy tones?
March 30, 2009 12:38PM
True, Bill.

LCPM.... yes, I run 4-tone (not 4H) and Disc '0' ..... as long as EMI is not hindering. This includes areas that are extremely trashy, especially with iron debris. Due to many bad masking problems..... the unit will not lock onto any one specific tone..... but certainly gives more data about the target(s) whilst sweeping target and rotating your body around the target. This is a fatiguing way to hunt, but I prefer this method. Monotone... or just 2 tones is definately less fatiguing.