Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Things sure are quiet from FISHER

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Things sure are quiet from FISHER
June 06, 2012 10:31AM
still waiting to hear if theu even are working on something new???????????????????????
Re: Things sure are quiet from FISHER
June 06, 2012 12:17PM
I think they are waiting for the smoke to clear. The Deus, Bliss and now the smoke and mirrors of the 3030. You best bring your A game if you try and introduce something right now.... or put a price tag that will turn heads. Anything over priced and sub par would be a financial mistake.

Dew
June 06, 2012 12:55PM
I sure would love for Fisher or Teknetics or both to introduce a new one as I would be keenly interested. I have yet to hear (from where I sit...in Tennessee...behind a PC screen) any clue from them that a new model is forthcoming. But then....I am not as vigilant and don't keep my ear to the ground as much. Has there been, at some point in the near past, at least SOME indication that Fisher/Teknetics would be introducing a new model?????
June 06, 2012 01:28PM
I am with Dew on this one just not the right time and perhaps its good as it will give them more time to refine their prototypes if any..imagine the powers to be are keeping this one under wraps as we post...Doesn't have to take a marketting genius to understand what pitfalls may or may not prevail... if the timing isn't right and with the big 3 going head to head ?????
June 06, 2012 01:59PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am with Dew on this one just not the right time
> and perhaps its good as it will give them more
> time to refine their prototypes if any..imagine
> the powers to be are keeping this one under wraps
> as we post...Doesn't have to take a marketting
> genius to understand what pitfalls may or may not
> prevail... if the timing isn't right and with the
> big 3 going head to head ?????

But isn't it the perfect time? Most people, me included, don't exactly like the price of the CTX. The weight is still a concern for many, though the balance seems to offset that.
Anyway, release a really light multi frequency unit and now people have a choice. The depth between the FBS and CZ's seem pretty much the same. Just give us separation, a DD coil, better unmasking, nice display - and walla - market share.

That said, the "rumor" was for years end, so I doubt they are 7 months or so ahead of schedule.

Albert
June 06, 2012 02:51PM
the bar has been raised very high so they have a lot to compete with now from the new kids on the block .
June 06, 2012 03:53PM
diggers Wrote:
> the bar has been raised very high so they have a
> lot to compete with now from the new kids on the
> block .

In all fairness and from someone with a CTX on order, if they come out with something for 1200ish, that is close to the CTX in performance (not GPS and such) that is light and just weatherproof, Fisher will win hands down, not close.
June 06, 2012 04:14PM
I heard a rumor on a forum about a year or so ago that Fisher had aquired the rights to Minelab's BBS technology. If that's true it would be very interesting to see what they come out with based on that. BBS is still pretty much as deep if not deeper than anything on the planet in terms of VLF machines (Of course with the exception of the Blisstool, but that machine isn't suited for parks and such without VDI, tone alerts, or good discrimination abilities above foil). Some even say it's deeper (myself included) in certain rough grounds or mineralized beaches than FBS for some odd reason.

Either way, I'd love to see Fisher come out with the machine I was hoping for from Minelab...A waterproof Xcal/Sov hybrid that is lightweight and has a VDI so it's as comfortable on land as it is in the water. Make it around $1000 and then they can kill two birds with one stone and get rid of the GT and Xcal because one machine would do it all. Of course that's what I was hoping to see in Minelab's case based on the huge success of Garrett's AT Pro for those reasons and it's reasonable price. If Fisher could fill that gap then it would be very interesting. I'd like to see what else they can do with BBS if this is true. Who knows how far they could push it in certain ways. Maybe a machine that can be swept fast and has faster recovery for those among us (not me) who don't like sweeping slow so recovery speed isn't an issue. I find as long as I keep my sweep slow recovery is just fine, but of course there are days I'm in the mood to swing fast while say clad hunting or searching the woods for any signal to indicate areas of activity.

Well, that's probably all pie in the sky stuff, because I only saw one post about this (Fisher getting BBS rights) and haven't heard anything since then to back it up. One can dream, though.
June 06, 2012 08:59PM
Well, even if I DID hear a reliable rumor that Fisher had one in the works, that means a WHOLE lot more waiting. I agree with Earthmansurfer......NOW is the perfect time. But I doubt that First Texas will heed my gracious admonitions to HURRY THE HECK UP!!!! ........lol
June 06, 2012 09:21PM
They are worken on what the rumors said.

And with wireless headphone system a bird whispered.
June 06, 2012 09:29PM
frnifo Wrote:
> They are worken on what the rumors said.
>
> And with wireless headphone system a bird
> whispered.

Well, Tom first mentioned the rumor, Dave J. All but confirmed it and I... Believe you. ;-)
June 06, 2012 10:26PM
earthmansurfer Wrote:
> frnifo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > They are worken on what the rumors said.
> >
> > And with wireless headphone system a bird
> > whispered.
>
> Well, Tom first mentioned the rumor, Dave J. All
> but confirmed it and I... Believe you. ;-)

SHHH--Watch what you say---don't be givin their secrets away now!!! ha ha
June 06, 2012 10:31PM
I haven't read enough of the threads to know the rumors but if Tom and Dave J has hinted around, then sure I believe it too. I jist wish they'd hurry.
June 06, 2012 11:59PM
Call me selfish..... i vote for a water machine.... time for an upgrade on the CZ. Lets give it a make over. We have BBS..... lets do something different. I still remember Tom asking the question ..... how much would you pay, did he know about the 3030 or is the Fisher going to be pricy as well? Fisher now not only has to improve over their current machines..... but those just released.

Dew
June 07, 2012 12:09AM
I'd be the 1st in line to buy a CZ3D-II in a 2.2lb package, even with the existing 8" concentric coil. A package with wireless headphones and an integrated 'pro-pointer' would be nice too.
June 07, 2012 04:06PM
telescopic stem and wireless phones must be mandatory by now.
June 07, 2012 04:38PM
I would say a whole new line up maybe three machines maybe two..they now have time to tweek and maybe rework some things. I would say maybe near end of summer or near Dec...gives them time for the dust to clear the market is more crowed then I have seen and it is better to weed through what is out there before a brand new machine hits the market..they have to do what seems to be working now and make it better. Make us say wow the Bliss can do the the Deus can do that but hey this new Fisher/Tek has even added more and that is where the other machines have failed me...It is great to see this hobby come alive again even no it is harder for me to hunt...I may have to go back to schools and parks before I can relic hunt small town hareder to get back into hunted areas from the past..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 07, 2012 05:11PM
Everyone has shown their cards but Fisher. Sounds like a sure bet to me..... Plenty of time to re-design and exceed the odds. Plus they may be doing the Xmas time period. So everyone can write a letter to Santa.
AND, I don't think I have ever seen Fisher do a countdown clock.......... Lots of speculation but you can bet they will give us something to talk about. I just hope that they also improve quality control....

Tom in SC
June 07, 2012 06:12PM
I am sure it will be a kick ass machine and reasonably priced too.

A F75LTD/CZ/G2 hybrid I hope for...

I wish the LTD had the dual processors and the iron tonebreak disc from the G2 and the stability.

And the 2 or 1 of 2 from the CZ user selectable.

And i will weld on a 5" coil on it...
June 07, 2012 09:31PM
((( How soon folks forget )))

........... and you DON'T want Fisher to 'hurry' (for legitimate reasons)!!!!
June 07, 2012 09:57PM
I think Minelab has them all dazed and confused!
June 08, 2012 02:03AM
No Fisher and Tek are just where they need to be they are so far the smart ones holding all of the cards...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

June 08, 2012 03:39AM
Don't follow you Lowboy. Anyway,Is like to ser them exceed the Deus in iron,have the stability and I'd of a gb pro.
June 08, 2012 06:00AM
what I was trying to say is Fisher/Tek are in a prefect place to come out with the next platform and give us more of what we have been asking for...time is on their side to wait and develop...

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

June 08, 2012 07:25AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> I think they are waiting for the smoke to clear.
> The Deus, Bliss and now the smoke and mirrors of
> the 3030. You best bring your A game if you try
> and introduce something right now.... or put a
> price tag that will turn heads. Anything over
> priced and sub par would be a financial mistake.
>
> Dew

correct! when dave and crew are ready,we will
be dealing with "shock and awe!" whatever "hits" the market
WILL be right!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
June 08, 2012 03:39PM
If it is anything like the F-75 they can keep it as far as I am concerned! It may be good on relics,But in a trashy park the E-trac and even the CZ-3D will blow it away!
June 08, 2012 08:03PM
There are not that many newer park and school detectors out there The V3 was one of the better park hunters I used and I am sure if we can have a coin relic machine that can help with trash better then what is out there I think that would be a huge winner that is what I would like to have when I can go back to detecting I think relic hunting is not in my future..it may be grass most of the time...

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2012 01:38AM by Lawrenzo.
June 08, 2012 08:57PM
I have a cz and f-75 and used the E. Out of the 3, the f-75 beats them in trash with the E second... the cz is not good in trash. Many won't agree, but I saw it first hand.
June 08, 2012 09:31PM
The CZ-3D is good in trash. The people who say it isn't just don't have experience with it.
June 08, 2012 11:43PM
After their fiasco with the introduction with the GB Pro, they may take their time.