Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WOW New China Detector Looks like a T2....

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
WOW New China Detector Looks like a T2....
June 07, 2012 06:02PM
this unit looks just like the Tek T2 detector....... Must be a sub-par clone

be careful what you buy on Ebay.......

I see they are also doing some of the Minlab units.

[metal-detector.en.made-in-china.com]

Tom in SC
Re: WOW New China Detector Looks like a T2....
June 07, 2012 06:24PM
They were mentioned a few weeks ago, looks like they make an ACE250-like one, too.
A guy here in the U.K has been offered a T2-alike, so they are definitely about for real.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
June 07, 2012 07:40PM
Plain Stealing ...
No Morals...

We owe them a trillion dollars,,,

Stupid,,,

thanks for the Post...

Ruined my day though...

But what do you expect from them...

Keith
June 07, 2012 07:51PM
Keith..... i expect a high quality 3030 if i can get one lol. They have made it almost impossible in the antique business with their junk..... also the forged graded coins. We are the ones who send our best ideas and products to do..... so what do we expect? I blame our government customs and trade laws. If we stopped buying.... i bet there would be jobs again. We wouldnt have a choice but to produce.

Dew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2012 01:19PM by dewcon4414.
June 08, 2012 03:10AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Plain Stealing ...
> No Morals...
>
> We owe them a trillion dollars,,,
>
> Stupid,,,
>
> thanks for the Post...
>
> Ruined my day though...
>
> But what do you expect from them...
>
> Keith

never understood the favored nation trading status!!!!! would love to cut them off completely!
June 08, 2012 03:19AM
This isn't a copy of the T2, it's even better.

The ad says it detects coins up to 15" or more!

Those inscrutable Chinese wouldn't lie, would they?
June 08, 2012 03:31AM
You think their detectors are something, you should see their cars. They have a full line of what I call 20 footers. Stand 20 feet away and that SUV is a BMW X5. Get a little closer and you see its a total knockoff. (That reminds me of a few girls I woke up, I mean went out with.) Of course that was many, many years ago and before I met my wonderful wife. (Love ya Sweety). Anyway, back to the post. They have Benz, Rolls, caddys but when you get in them, they are not even close. BMW even sued the company making them and was told by the Chinese court that the vehicles looked nothing alike and threw the case out.

So why would I be surprised at seeing knock off detectors hitting the market. International copyright law is something of a joke.

HH
Chris
June 08, 2012 07:48AM
tmanly Wrote:
> this unit looks just like the Tek T2
> detector....... Must be a sub-par clone
>
> be careful what you buy on Ebay.......
>
> I see they are also doing some of the Minlab
> units.
>
> [metal-detector.en.made-in-china.com]
> /GohQFXgKrdVr/China-GF2-Gold-Finder.html
>
> Tom in SC

wouldn't it be ironic,if it was determined the detector
was a "crackerjack" unit for extreme "short" money?
china CAN engineer,and make anything! some clever people over there!
it is absolutely in their interests to try,having the tremendous price,and trading advantage
that they enjoy!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
June 08, 2012 11:01AM
Even the Chinese consider the automotive knockoffs as a joke. BMW sells more cars in China than either the USA or Germany, both historic #1 markets. Personally, free trade with China is good for me. The X5 is only made in our Spartanburg, SC plant and we ship a good number to China at something north of $75K/vehicle.

As to detectors, you treat those to whom you owe money a little different regarding copyright laws...
June 08, 2012 01:49PM
All I can say is be careful out there just like the Sgt. on the old Cop show used to say..

For what its worth call any major manufacturer with a ser# and they will tell you if they made it or not..Whites will do it on line and others might also so its a dual problem..
Consumer or Manufacturer...
June 10, 2012 05:30AM
brief comparison of the price of about $ 160

[www.youtube.com]
June 10, 2012 05:41AM
Denari Wrote:
> brief comparison of the price of about $ 160
>
> [www.youtube.com]

That is amazing how good they copied it!
June 10, 2012 01:25PM
They can engineer anything..... or should you say copy. Do they not have the ability to CREATE something of their own? 2 billion people youd think they would be creating a better mouse trap for EVERYTHING. Of course they are starting to get westernized...... wont be long before they want the American dream.... then what?

Dew
June 10, 2012 05:05PM
This is a very interesting comparison video. I'd almost bet that the ChiCom detector uses parts from the exact same tooling as used to build the T2. Many of these parts (circuit boards, plastic housings, coils, etc...) are made in China and it's very easy to run another shift of manufacturing to produce a few thousand more housings, for example. This link [jhking.en.alibaba.com] shows manufacturing capacity up to 5000/units a month. Wow!

The main logic IC may have it's firmware burned in China too. You copy the Teknetics code and the detectors should behave identically given equivalent coils and shielding.

I'm almost tempted to get one just to disassemble. But Western Union payments??? I'll pass...
June 10, 2012 08:51PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> They can engineer anything..... or should you say
> copy. Do they not have the ability to CREATE
> something of their own? 2 billion people youd
> think they would be creating a better mouse trap
> for EVERYTHING. Of course they are starting to
> get westernized...... wont be long before they
> want the American dream.... then what?
>
> Dew

then what? all bets are off, if they get a "sniff"
of that, and adopt western ways! always keep in mind
"people" are a tremendous resource and thy have plenty of 'em

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2012 08:53PM by jmaryt.
June 11, 2012 02:27AM
edit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2012 08:31PM by Geotech.
June 11, 2012 11:12AM
I ran into a eprom chip once that had a photocell in the top side of it. when the unit was opened, the light would fuse the chip. It then had to be replaced. But I guess after the first one, you just work in a dark room.....

Tom in SC
June 11, 2012 11:12AM
Very good info Geo; it appears you have spent some time dealing with this issue.

The business case doesn't seem to add up. It would appear that a counterfeiter would have to sell thousands upon thousands of units to recoup the initial fixed costs (plastic injection mold tooling, firmware cloning, etc). It's not like Asia has a thousand year history of economic growth to hunt for lost coins and buried treasure. Plus, it seems that those folks would be buying so many other types of consumer goods before turning an eye to a metal detector. But there are a lot of people over there and lots of new money circulating...
Tri
NEW SECURITY LABELS ON MINELAB PRODUCTS
June 11, 2012 01:04PM
New security labels on Minelab’s products:

[www.minelab.com]

I wonder if these have been faked yet .........
June 11, 2012 03:28PM
edit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2012 08:31PM by Geotech.
June 12, 2012 06:50AM
yes! i would say you HAVE spent considerable time dealing with this issue!
outstanding replies!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
June 12, 2012 07:06PM
I will make your day better again...

I posted this exact same counterfeit here a few weeks ago, its so easy to spot cause they dont call it T2. Think about all the other counterfeits that is even named T2 or V3i or F 75 or TDI...

Damn them, they really dont care about patent over there, they use them as drawings.

Now for the fun part..

Enjoy...

[www.419eater.com]

one that i love is...[www.419eater.com] but also [www.419eater.com]

lets do the same with some counterfeiters.... contact them and tell em you know about a US business that copy ther chinese products.
June 14, 2012 06:54PM
I can relate that in the RC electric plane hobby, of which I design and build my own craft, China has destroyed for the most part the US brushless motor manufacturers. They would receive and order for a motor that was designed and researched by a US company, and then after filling the order under contract, would keep the equipment to manufacturer it in place and run off thousands of their own to sell under a nameless brand. Sometimes they used the same high quality parts that the original contract called for, but often they would build their own version with inferior components. Results were motors for $10 or $15 that seemed to work just as well as the original costing $80 or $90 or so.

Now, on the other hand, I have to admit I've been guilty of buying a bunch of these cheap motors. You just have to do enough research on the web to see which ones are good (efficient, reliable, and so on) enough to be worth taking a chance on, versus the ones that would blow smoke under even modest propping levels in terms of prop size and amp draw.

Also, they have for the most part destroyed the lipo battery technology market for US makers. Lipos are very popular in electric plane RC due to being just about the lightest battery out there (roughly 1/3rd or so the weight of a nimh or nicad with the same capacity), as well as being able to hold up to some rather high amp draws. I've got lipos smaller than a pack of smokes that can easily deliver 80 amps or more of raw current without issues. In fact, after running my lipo chargers from my car battery all day without starting the car as I was flying at a field, I found my car battery was dead and so the car wouldn't start. I rigged up a few wires and jump started the car with one of these small packs! A 3 cell series lipo (the most popular in RC) is 12.6 volts fully charged, so it worked just fine for jump starting my car.

Anyway, you can buy these lipos these days for around $10 to $15, where as the same battery from a US maker (same C raiting, same capacity, etc) could easily cost you $60 to $120 depending on brand. Or, at least that's how it was a few years ago. I haven't had to buy any lipos for a few years so I haven't been keeping tabs on them.

Incidently, I built a light weight shaft for my GT. Party of the effort (which dropped 1.5 pounds of weight) was running a 3 cell lipo in the stock battery holder. That alone saved a good bit of weight. Lipos require special chargers but a fine and healthy charge takes only an hour, where as that can be pushing a nimh pack. Lipos, however, should never be drawn less than 3V per cell or it might ruin them. That's 9V in a series 3 cell. Luckily my LVC (low voltage cutoff) low battery alarm on the GT cuts in at about 10.2 to 10.5 volts, so I have no worries about draining it too low. Lipos also hold their voltage high to the very end of the discharge, so even a somewhat lower capacity lipo pack will run just as long or longer than a nimh pack because they nimh drops it voltages on a more steady pace as it drains. My 750ma 3 cell lipo (about 1/3rd the size of a pack of smokes roughly) will run my GT longer than the 1000ma stock rechargeable pack, not to mention weighs MUCH less than it.
October 06, 2012 05:22AM
October 06, 2012 09:09AM
Never showed the detector. Was it a T2 or a F75 or something else?
Yes....... performance seems to be about T2 level.
October 06, 2012 02:44PM
Heres the kicker the U.S.A. detector you have in hand may or may not have parts coming from all over the world.....Assembled in U.S.A. not entirely made in U.S.A.....
Of course same goes for parts for our Car...TV..Washer etc...
October 06, 2012 08:46PM
Is it only me or did anyone else notice the "Goldfinder" is a "Pulse Induction Super Popular & Deep Earth Metal Detector (GF2)" I need to get me one of these. It has target ID and everything.

In A Class By Itself
Large LCD Screen with Target Identification Display
Intuitive User Interface
Menu-Driven User Interface
Menu Always Visible
Trigger Actuated Target Pinpointing
Double Filter Discrimination Modes For Searching In Trashy Areas
Ground Cancellation - Trigger Actuated FASTGRAB™ Instant Ground Cancellation
Manual Ground Cancellation Option
Continuous Ground Monitor - Ground Mineralization Bar Graph Readout
Waterproof 11-inch Open Frame Bi-Axial™ Search Coil
Great for Highly Mineralized Soils.
Renowned Target Separation Capability
Super Sensitive - Detect Coins to 15 Inches and more
October 07, 2012 04:15AM
Sickening...

Keith
Another nice one...
October 07, 2012 05:41PM
"All the bidders will have a positive feedback."

[www.ebay.com]
October 08, 2012 12:20AM
Just wondering.

Can't they build a detector that needs an internal password
only the manufacturers Know for the detector to switch on and
function?

Just a thought.

Joe