Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Chatter problem...

Posted by jbow 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Chatter problem...
September 01, 2007 02:21PM
Tom,

I have a new f75 and I already like it much better than my T2 however, I am having a probelm with chatter. When I started out everything was quiet, after a while of hunting there was chatter. I tried lowering the sens and it just chattered quieter, not less. I am in DE, 1 or 4 tone (really all the tone settings do it, disc at 6.
I thought it was because I had some notch setting on.
I got home and tried it the next AM on some targets to see the TID response. It was still chattering. I reset it and it went dead quiet again even with the sens on 80, in DE, 4 tone, disc on 6.
Soon it began to chatter again. I reset it again and it stopped again.

Is this normal? Any ideas for me to try?

Thanks,

Julien
Re: Chatter problem...
September 02, 2007 03:08AM
Check coil wire and it's connection. Then...... Sometimes moisture/humidity in control box can cause erratic problems. Try placing detector in a VERY dry dehumidified environment for 48 hours. If this does not fix problem..... it may be a trip back to First Texas. Contact them FIRST!

Tom
well...
September 02, 2007 01:56PM
I will try the humidity thing. I am not sending it back, at least not for a while. I like it too much! If I have to reset it a couple of times in a day, i really don't mind. The first time it happened I had some notches on and the second time I had changedsome other stuff, went into JE etc, but had changed back to DE and it stayed a little edgy. I changed the stock batterien to Oxyrides and it has not doen it sence, we will see. I 'll let you know what I find, how it goes.
I talked to Andy about the notch and he told me that yes, the notch will make it chatter just like setting the disc above 19 or below 5. However, yesterday I used the notch some. I set the disc at max and notched in nickles and really, it ran fairliy smooth as long as I was in 2f or one tone, sens 75 in DE.

I really ,really, really love this detector. It is the only machine I have that will hit my quarter buried at 12". Not the Sovereign, not the Tejon, not the T2... only the F75!!!

If i have to send it back I am going to wait until it is freezing cold outside!

Julien
Re: well...
September 04, 2007 04:50PM
Julien,

Let's just hope the problem 'clears' ..... and starts working per design. When functioning error-free, they have great performance.

Tom