Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Reckon I'll keep her around a mite longer

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
June 09, 2012 04:08PM
After giving the regulars of this site what I believe to be ample time to make an impulse buy (lol) I am retracting this awesome deal. If you were just ready to hit the buy now button, you can PM me but I won't budge on the price since it was low enough. Study long. Study wrong. (said in the spirit of joviality)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2012 02:15PM by Kevin B.
Re: XP Deus for sale!!! $1250 shipped to lower 48 states
June 09, 2012 04:24PM
I will Vouch for Kevin. Great guy and this is a great price. I wish I had the extra money right now because this would have been gone quick, fast, and in a hurry.
June 09, 2012 08:36PM
Wow after all the good finds and praises I am surprised that you didn't sell a different detector. Sounds like me. I wish I had my e trav back now
June 09, 2012 09:28PM
Kevin....I sent you a PM.
No LONGER FOR SALE
June 10, 2012 01:57PM
Wow, I thought that I had been reading about people wanting one of these. Surely this unit hasn't depreciated more than what I am asking, Oh well. I'm not desperate. Probably making a big mistake anyway, but money just isn't as loose as it once was and I'd like to be ready some glad day when Fisher/Tek introduces a new unit.
I think I will just hold off and sell a couple of my German made spring piston air guns (another hobby to be obsessed about). I think that I gave everyone ample time, who are regulars on this forum, to decide if they REALLY wanted a Deus. Maybe the warranty issue is a big deal to some. For now, I think i will keep it and use it. I won't come down off the price or I would be sticking a knife in my own back and I don't like pain...self inflicted or otherwise. Besides, I griped and moaned about wanting a detector that will hit all of my test garden objects and this is the only unit that has. UNIT NO LONGER FOR SALE.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2012 02:12PM by Kevin B.
Re: Reckon I'll keep her around a mite longer
June 10, 2012 03:17PM
Two things kept me from jumping at it. As I want a Deus for my next detector.

1. I live in Canada. S/H + paying the duty.
2. My wife would MURDER me. Still paying off the CZ-3D.

You better keep that keeper. I would.

It's out there fellows! Go get it!
"Ged Peacehavens"
June 10, 2012 03:28PM
You know I wondered why if its so good why sell it... if it ain't broke don't fix it comes to mind..

In any case not wondering anymore as sanity returned and he is keeping...

I should talk as man I literally gave away many a good unit over the years but I guess the search never ends for something better...and we are all guilty of doing the same.
June 10, 2012 03:45PM
Guys, I have been guilty of selling a good detector, and then going back and buying another new one because I regretted the sale and missed the unit. I have done this with three units: The AT Pro, the F75SE, and the Teknetics G2. I sold my second F75SE to a member of this forum and he is enjoying it. I still have my second AT Pro and since it is a hot one (that's newbie talk for: I think it's more sensitive than my last AT Pro). And I regret selling my second Teknetics G2. That was a dumb move. But I don't fret long. I bought something else, don't remember what. But the Tek G2, in several scenarios, was THE PERFECT relic unit. And lightweight. The TID was, in my opinion, more accurate than the Deus. The Deus just calls everything 98 or 99 at a certain depth and beyond it seems. That is until it quits having a TID but the tone is still present. Ya really have to employ the "When in doubt, dig it out" mode. If I was in a nicely manicured lawn and the unit was hi toning and giving 98 or 99, I would be SO tempted to dig it out. Again and again and again. But it's not necessarily the machine's fault. I just haven't learned the sounds real good. I still just hear hi tones or lo tones.
June 10, 2012 03:55PM
You get those 98-99 tones on the Deus and think, "Is this iron?"

Drop the freq to 4khz and see if it goes silent, if it does, it's iron.

"Info posted from Peacehaven's Deus hints"

It's out there fellows! Go get it!
"Ged Peacehavens"
June 10, 2012 04:20PM
Timing is everything on a great deal . The right place at the right time.
June 10, 2012 05:10PM
Kevin B

I first thought you might be referring to your wife!
June 10, 2012 05:14PM
I would have bought it myself had I had extra cash and or if you had a layaway plan lol. Don had a used one come in and I got it because I could pay on it when I sell some archery equipment.
June 10, 2012 05:40PM
go-rebels Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Reckon I'll keep her around a mite longer
>
> I first thought you might be referring to your
> wife!

Oh she's done been gone for several years and my hobbies kept me from making the same mistake twice. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL........oh me.......hmmmm