Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 and the salt water beach hunting

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 and the salt water beach hunting
April 02, 2009 12:09PM
The following is a quote from page 37 in my F75 manual. This was one of the factors that lead me to purchase the F75 to hunt with. Even though I don't get to the beach but one time a year I was so looking forward to using the F75 until Tom stated in an earlier post the F75 is not designed for wet sand. If Tom is correct and I will bet he is the quoted statement gives the wrong impression.

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

From page 37 in the manual.

"Salt Water Hunting
Salt water is highly conductive, and produces a strong signal which is like that of metal.
The F75 is not specifically designed for top performance in salt water, but can be used in this environment."
Re: F75 and the salt water beach hunting
April 02, 2009 12:50PM
You can get the F75 to 'somewhat' work on the wet salt sand..... but the performance is below-average.... at best. Using the all-metal mode with a lower sensitivity and a required manual-input ground balance is required. In Florida, a operator induced ground balance of '00' is required.
Re: F75 and the salt water beach hunting
April 02, 2009 04:47PM
i use my f75 2 or 3 times a week on the chesapeake bay (salt water) damp sand beach,
tom said below average, i do not think of it that way. i see it as adequate if u do not mind all the signals.

meaning hunting in all metals is a must, manual ground balance to 0 - i need info. on "00"

i can run the sent............around 80 or so and it does ok,(should lower) but signals, my beach is loaded with tiny eraser size pieces of flake steel and the f75 hits each and everyone, almost all are above 90 + but u have to kinda check them out.

they have a different sound also...........more crackly maybe, but when u hit a good target u will know it, much nicer sound and steady.

some bottle caps will still get u - the newer ones and the deep ones

noise level to F7 works better for me - AND ONLY 1 TONE

if u try running in discriminate, good luck, maybe u will be able to. my 75 does not like running in discriminate on the beach at all, no matter how i set it up............might just be me tooo.

remember..........crackly zip zigs are bad - good targets u can tell
Thanks for the information
April 02, 2009 05:30PM
Why can't you run in discrimination mode. Why AM mode?
Please explain.
Re: Thanks for the information
April 03, 2009 12:10PM
Too many false signals in ID mode. All-Metal mode has these same false signals.... but are quite a bit more discernable.