Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

blisstool as a beach hunter?

Posted by seeker41 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: blisstool as a beach hunter?
June 25, 2012 10:56PM
I just found some more interesting reading on the pro/con aspect that I'll also slice and dice and post when I have more time. Weigh it from all sides people. An educated consumer is a happy consumer, whether you decide to buy something or not. I just tend to be suspicious when all I hear is the good and I've seen others get roasted for even daring to ask some skeptical questions or point out some *possibilities* that need shed light on. I don't care what product it is, if all I hear is sunshine and lolip-pops I put on my skeptic hat and start playing devils advocate until I'm satisfied my concerns are answered one way or the other.

By the way, if you dig up some of my prior quotes on the net I've even said I might consider one of these down the road when there are enough reports to shake things out one way or another. But, if I do buy, I'm not going to count on the fact that it might not have EMI issues. I've seen enough machines in the past claiming high amped super depth stuff (if this is indeed how this machine is achieving the claimed depths) and they were all pretty much useless due to EMI or instability issues. So, perhaps it doesn't suffer an EMI problem, but I'll still plan for that potential, as I still have many remote high iron/low non-ferrous sites where it should be able to shine if it does what it says it does, EMI problems or not.

Those being private sites of course, because with no real accurate way to judge target depth via modulated audio I won't risk burning my public sites by digging wide/deep plugs with it, and those plugs can be on anything above small foil from the sound of it since discrimination is primative at best. Still, knowing those restrictions, *IF* I see enough to convince me it will get the depth that the few intial reports say it does *in my soil*, then I may buy one for very specific situations.

As for beach hunting, no...I'm blessed to have numerous nearby freshwater beaches which it should be able to handle, but these beaches have so many targets that are beyond a normal detector's depth but well within reach of a Minelab, that I honestly wouldn't want to waste my time digging even deeper than I do now with so many plentiful targets around. Now, I know competition is much worse at other beaches in other states, and in a situation like that a PI or the Blisstool might be a good choice then, but just remember that the Blisstool won't handle salt water, and iron is less of an issue in the salt for a PI machine due to it rotting away rather quickly at many sites, so I'd weigh the pros and cons of that situation as well before making a choice.

As more reports come in MUCH further down the road I'll judge it one way or the other and then see if I think it's worthy of adding to my line up. Until then I've got plenty of questions. Yes, many from a skeptical angle, but somebody has to ask those questions or raise those concerns. That's the only way to get to the bottom of the pile and see what's really there, good and bad...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2012 12:14AM by critterhunter.
June 26, 2012 12:35AM
I might add...Seeing how I am such a fan boy of the GT, I'd like to demonstrat that my hypocrisy only goes so far. Here's a list of things that are wrong about the GT. I'd like to see your list of things wrong with the Blisstool as well...

The GT Is: Well balanced but still heavy no matter which way you look at it, so I had to build a light weight shaft and do other weight saving mods. The hardware is way overkill, thus the excessive weight. The rechargeable stock page is heavy, takes for ever to charge, and using outdated ancient sub-A cells with very low capacity, thus I went to a light weight lipo mod that also charges MUCH faster. The hand grip is poorly designed to where it never felt "right", so I made my own using a bike end bar. The machine is slow as maple syrup on a cold day and so requires slow sweeping to get best depth and separation, even when you are in the mood to move faster. The pinpoint switch is very hard to reach being on the face plate and not in the position found on any civilized detector, so I had to wire up a remote PP switch position in the normal way hanging down from the grip (I rarely use PP mode to PP these days, though). Auto sensitivity, while stable, does not get nearly the depth of the Auto + 3 option on the Etrac, though I'm fairly impressed with the depth of Auto in super bad ground on days when I rarely use it not being in the mood to toy with manual. The 10" Tornado, while the best stock DD coil I've ever used, could be lighter if made like the excellent Pro Coil for the FBS machines. Some have complained the battery door tabs have broke for them, although I'm lucky to not have experienced that problem yet. Pinpointing, while better than on the Explorer II, is not as easy to do as it is on the SE or Etrac thanks to their excellent improvements in PP software over prior Explorers. I'd still take the PPing ease of a Whites using a concentric any day over a DD coil. Although I admire the seeming ability of the Sovereign's Iron Mask to pull non-ferrous targets out of ferrous signals, I still would much rather be able to zero out iron rejection and hear it all. That's my biggest complaint about this machine. EMI problems are an issue, despite even switching bands on some occasions, when very near power lines or such. Lowering sensitivity will address the situation if switching noise bands doesn't, but it still will not handle EMI as close to power lines as an FBS machine's noise cancel function will. Minelab didn't even bother to drill both sides out of the snap adjustment holes on the shaft for both heads of the adjustment pin, so I had to do that in order to take slop out of the stock shaft, which I only use for water hunting these days. The notch function, while useful, would be much more useful if you could adjust the size of the notch width via a simple second dial. That's a feature I'd really like to see on any potential future Sovereign.

I could go on and on with more thought about issues I have with this machine, as much as I like it. Do I think it's the deepest detector I've ever used *in my soil*? Yes. Am I impressed with even the stock Tornado's ability to separate width wise (and more so with the 12x10)? Yes. Do I love the detailed long drawn out audio? Yes. But, all that said, this machine is far from perfect, but it's the most "perfect" one for me I've used thus far in the ways I hunt.

Now, how about the same favor in kind here...How about a list of Blisstool issues that others should be aware of before deciding to purchase or not? That's where we can find some mutual ground and get down to brass tacks about this machine...
June 26, 2012 12:35AM
Every detector does some things well and some other things not so well. I found out early in this hobby that there is always a trade off for good performance in a certain area. The key is that the trade off doesn't mean that much to certain users. For example: EMI? Some might never use it near a place where it matters.

We as consumers in the hobby put up with one sided reviews in detecting mags for years and years. There is another forum (where Critter likes to post) that stomps on any post and poster with a negative review or comment. Hardly a day goes by over there where I don't see the Mods or Guv threaten to delete and ban. And that is no exageration. I think I even got a whiff of Sponsor war over there. Greed destroys honesty.

The man in charge of this forum only asks for one thing. DATA.

With that the truth prevails. And if I'm going to spend two grand (and I did) on a detector I want to know what it is not good at. It might not matter. But I still want to know. I saw early postings from some selling the Blisstool that it was not a park hunter. I thought that was refreshing in the disclosure department.

Thank goodness there are few places like this forum where it can be talked about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2012 12:45AM by goodmore.
June 26, 2012 01:36AM
So goodmore what do you think about this detectors posibilities on the beach especially in the wet sand and surf based on it being a single freq machine at 8 or 8.5 kHz? a lot of very good hunters like yourself Goodmore left that site, were booted, or no longer post because someone thinks its their personal blog. This is one heck of a machine based on reviews for depth and working in hotter soil. I agree there isnt a machine that can do it all and now liking trash would bother me more than EMI.

Dew
June 26, 2012 02:00AM
I believe the Blisstool has a Sens range from 0 - 10. My question is:

Is there ANY place where Sens can be set/used on a setting of 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 ???????????????
June 26, 2012 02:12AM
One of my favorite things to do in Winter months is beach hunt in New Jersey. I am one of those people that need Sun in the Winter. It seems the older I get the more stir crazy and depressed I get in the Winter months. Getting to the beach on a weekend getaway is wonderful. There are no crowds. Most of the buisnesses are shut down. There is a feeling of relaxation that I just can't explain.

Most of the time the beaches are sanded in. A deep detector would come in handy. We're talking Jersey so pulse units are not the answer. I'm not going in the water. Just maybe to the water's edge. The videos I have seen of the Blisstool cover my needs. It gets eratic in the splash, but I'm not going there. And it is certainly deep. To be honest my only concern is if the unit requires constant adjustment. I'm a set and use it kind of guy.

I would not use it in the Summer time. I'm in and out of the water. Sometimes just because of the heat. Sometimes to avoid crowds. Sometimes an area looks good. I also nigt hunt in the Summer to avoid many things. Crowds, Traffic, parking fees, heat, beach fees and probably a few others. I like a coil smaller like the 10" Tornado at night time. It is easier to pinpoint and find targets with.

So I guess my answer is for Winter beach hunting I would love one. But I could never justify the cost for such a specific use. Well I could. But not my wife.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2012 02:16AM by goodmore.
June 26, 2012 03:17AM
ok.......lets just deal with the facts! firsthand accounts from trusted forum members are what i am looking for! if i put much value in miscelanious reviews i would have never owned a f75 or any new fisher product. the f75 and t2 were flat out hated and run down by many!!!!!!!!

how did blisstool as a beach hunter turn into this?

firsthand accounts and no hearsay please.

chuck.
Anonymous User
June 26, 2012 04:06AM
I'm staying away from any machine related comments except to answer Tom - YES - we have gotten it cranked up into the 4-5 range on plowed fields on Long Island (Deus shows a 76) - but where the Blisstool starts out others have already maxed out...results at ZERO Gain are awesome...

Critterhunter - where do you live? If close enough, why don't you take a ride to NY and try the Blisstool. Then you can pontificate about a machine you at least got a chance to use - good or bad. I mean you're not working right now - so you have the time...

If you're not that close to NY, maybe TN - I'm sure Daniel would let you hang with him for a few...

I'm sure it would be refreshing for you to use something other than the GT - this is a good opportunity...let me know.

We have told it like it is from the start (as goodmore said)....The Blisstool ain't for everyone or for every situation...and neither is a GPX (I know guys that spent $4500 just to have it for 2 hunts a year at DIV)...
June 26, 2012 11:26AM
"Critterhunter - where do you live? If close enough, why don't you take a ride to NY and try the Blisstool. Then you can pontificate about a machine you at least got a chance to use - good or bad. I mean you're not working right now - so you have the time... "

I like this idea !!......We could all get together and compare a few detectors .....I have a few I'd like to compare to the Sovereign and the Blisstool ...... Maybe a day at the beach running some tests , and another day at an old park doing some dirt hunting !!....... I'd like to see with my own eyes and ears just what everyone is claiming on all accounts .....This way I can WITNESS what is being talked about ......When I am reading something that someone has stated that they "READ" , in most cases I dismiss these statements ........In a court of law , this is described as HEARSAY and is not admissable as evidence .....

BarryNY .....We could go down to the NYC saltwater beaches , and also hit some OLD NYC parks in our quest to see how each machine actually performs .....

Critter ....It will be great to finally meet you , and test these machines out ....I have a few macines i can bring if this even happens ........Jim
Anonymous User
June 26, 2012 12:49PM
I have always asked anyone that wants to - please come and check it out - they may not like it but at least they can say they tried it...thanks synthnut...for understanding.....

Coney Island beaches anyone??? The Revolutionary War sites in the Staten Island woods?? Using the Blisstool 2 weeks ago, Carter pulled 19 dropped British musket balls from a 15'x15' area in Staten Island that was POUNDED for years by everyone (including himself with the E-Trac). His Buddy that found the site stood there as Carter got signal after signal that the E-Trac did not hear (we're talking over 10" for every ball) - the other guy walked away in disgust...

We have the E-Trac, Deus with big coil, CTX, Blisstool, TDI, Excalibur - plus whatever else guys can bring...

We need a metal detecting Olympics - put each machine thru a rigorous obstacle course - we talked about this once...
June 26, 2012 01:36PM
I can bring the ETrac for hunting in the trash.......A CZ-6a that works great for DEEEEP gold hunting on the beach ......I can also bring a Sovereign XS.......and I will also bring an AT Pro for giggles !!...... I'm pretty interested in the Deus and the Blisstool ........ Even though the Soveriegns discriminate iron on their own , I want to see the look on Critters face when he hit's some of the trashy parks in NYC .... He'll get to understand what we contend with here in NY and better understand why we use the tools that we do here ...... Critter will also get a chance to beach hunt NY !!.....That's a thrill right there .... He'll see how deep that Sovereign of his will REALLY go !!....LOL !!......Jim
June 26, 2012 01:46PM
Thanks Goodmore..... about what i was thinking. Synthnut.... you bought a 75??? what possesed that?? LOL.... just yanking your chain. Let us know what ya find out.

Dew
June 26, 2012 07:17PM
:') I don't have the money to spend at the moment on a trip like that. In between jobs. I'm not above selling off a few "non-essential" items around the house to add another machine to my line up, but in terms of gas prices these days I stay pretty well close to home front. My gas allowance that I limit myself to is for close by hunts and handing out resumes. No room in the budget for much else than that.

Forgot to add one more important negative about the GT...The stock meter mounting spot on the shaft below the grip makes it IMPOSSIBLE to see the meter. What the heck were they thinking with that one? Either way, I drilled out the V-clip rivets to remove it from the shaft, then used a copper $2 pipe hanger from a home improvement store to mount it on top of the grip like any real detector should. That's probably my biggest complaint about the stock hardware on this machine. It's heavy and NOT friendly, and so why I built a much lighter shaft. Just the stock arm cup alone weighs half a pound. I put a Whites one on my custom shaft. Also used a Whites tall man carbon rod for the lower shaft, because the stock lower one is a real heavy/thick fiberglass that I thought was left behind in the 70's in terms of construction technology.

Still waiting to hear a good list of Blisstool cons to balance out all the sunshine being sung about it. No machine is perfect, so with full disclosure comes more serious consideration on my part...
June 26, 2012 07:59PM
Critter have not found too many cons on mine, except a little heavy with 15" coil and you have to learn how to set it up right but can say the same about any new detector. Still new to me but think it will work well for what i bought it for. My other detectors will take care of normal every day hunting.
June 27, 2012 12:27AM
I found that I could go all day with any of the 12" coils that were made for the Sovereign and got plenty of coverage , and plenty of depth .....I used my own version of the Swingy Thingy ....I call it " Swing This "...........Some of the 12" coils will give you pretty darn close to the depth of the 15" coils out there ..... The Sunray 12" coil is a BIG 12 ...... They seem to balance much better on the Soveriegn .......especially if you make your own straight shaft ......Jim
June 27, 2012 02:38PM
Someobody on another forum brought up a good question...Being a single frequency machine, is the Blisstool getting the same seemingly outstanding depth on various other items such as a silver coin or a gold ring, or is it showing it's best depth on things like bullets? I thought that was an excellent question myself. I'm also curious about it's performance in various types of mineralization, as the general rule of thumb is that single frequency machines might do well in one type of soil, but suffer in performance in others.

If you can address these points it would go a long way towards my potential purchase of one.
July 01, 2012 08:47PM
Another little fly in the ointment from a new message I read elsewhere today...

"I bought this from what I had seen in there Video....Tauting it the deepest Beach detector.

Beach issues
I have a Blisstool and I find that regaurdless what I do on the beach it is useless........
If another detectorist is within 50 yards The detector becomes noisy and useless.....

Hoping it works better on my inland site's.....or some settings you found that work for the beach.

Anyone have any comments on how it runs for you in either situation.....Now need to try it inland."

Once again the EMI issue as well as the potential of a single frequency having trouble with certain grounds/sands raises up for questioning. I need to see and hear more one way or the other from people as they get their hands on this machine. I'm a long way off before making any kind of decision on it myself. Just like I am with the CTX.
Anonymous User
July 01, 2012 10:34PM
Go watch all the videos - it shows depth on gold rings on salt water beaches and on deep coins...

critterhunter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Someobody on another forum brought up a good
> question...Being a single frequency machine, is
> the Blisstool getting the same seemingly
> outstanding depth on various other items such as a
> silver coin or a gold ring, or is it showing it's
> best depth on things like bullets? I thought that
> was an excellent question myself. I'm also curious
> about it's performance in various types of
> mineralization, as the general rule of thumb is
> that single frequency machines might do well in
> one type of soil, but suffer in performance in
> others.
>
> If you can address these points it would go a long
> way towards my potential purchase of one.
July 03, 2012 08:22AM
seeker41 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ok.......lets just deal with the facts! firsthand
> accounts from trusted forum members are what i am
> looking for! if i put much value in miscelanious
> reviews i would have never owned a f75 or any new
> fisher product. the f75 and t2 were flat out hated
> and run down by many!!!!!!!!
>
> how did blisstool as a beach hunter turn into
> this?
>
> firsthand accounts and no hearsay please.
>
>
> chuck.

I'm a new member who has been following this Blisstool beach with much interest. You don't know me but I trust me :-)

My name is Davy and I live in Scotland U.K. on the east coast and have many beaches within very easy reach. Anstruther, Elie,St Monans, St Andrews, Broughty Ferrie, Carnoustie, Montrose. All of these beaches have every kind of sand imaginable, red, white ,black. Carnoustie is the most interesting of them all as it has 3 different types, one more vicious than the next. There have also on occassion over the years especially after big storms, quite a few gold/Silver coins have come to light.

My main interest is modern jewellry and money losses with ancient coinage and artefacts on the odd occassion as a bonus.

I ordered the V3 with the 15" coil also, and at long last have received conformation from Bulgaria that my machine is on its way.

Going by the videos I have seen thus far the Blisstool may be just what I'm looking for, PI type depths with a reasonable amount of discrimination. And at a very good price £700 delivery inclusive.

I, like you have seen all of the videos available and am very, very curious to see if it lives up to all of the hype especially as a beach machine.

There are a few U.S. guys on our forum who have receieved their V3's in the last couple of days so we should see more (actual) user reports and their findings appearing shortly. Once they learn how to use them. that is :-)

You should see some reports from the U.K. over the next 4 weeks on how well they work as beach machines as there are 3 others that I know of who ordered their machines about the time I did. These guys are serious beach hunters also. One in particular is busy brushing up on his video editing skills in preparation for all of the tests he's going to run.

Cheers

Davy.
July 03, 2012 01:33PM
thank you davy, keep us informed and good luck.
July 03, 2012 02:10PM
I got this in an Email today. I have invited this person to join this forum so he can feel free to talk about this machine now that the UK site has banned him...

"critt they banned me from the blisstool UK fourum , I posted to many vidioes that showed some downsides of the tool , thear is one vidio that has gone out by somone showing it hit a lead slug on top of a basalt rock this is a bit fakey because if you set the disq to ignor the nals it will miss the slugg like anyother detector you actually have to set it into all metal and then it gets it but gets the nails better i showed this and grew into disfavor with the moderateors and have been banned but you can see the vidioes i made on Utube"

(And A Second Email From Him...)

"thanks critt for the support , I will try to get on dankowskys fourum I tried once but they would not accept my email address dont know why I slo just posted a video on the XXX metal detecting fourum on how the bliss gets along with basalt you can see what i mean its in all metal actually to say my GT did better not that i dont like my bliss but I am honest something they dont like on the UK fourum because it may effect sales"

This person has no problem voicing publicly his views on various machines so I don't feel it's a problem to post what he said, but I did leave his name out of it as it was an Email to me.
July 03, 2012 03:49PM
Another blurb about EMI...

"it easily getts dimes at 10" thru my badd ground but it does have its draw backs in certian areas nails pointing up will sound like a good target bottle caps sound good and it gets fussy in around Emi"

10"? Not beyond the range of a good machine like a Minelab in some soils. I'm waiting for more of the mid-teens and deeper reports to come in like has been claimed.
July 03, 2012 10:05PM
Critter -- I'm been following your posts on a few various forums. I've been bored and its too hot outside to even breath. I said I wasn't going to get involved in any more of your threads where I'm 110% sure you are just throwing up smoke to run products into the ground. But I'll bite on this one.

On the video that your unknown name person wrote you about. The video is not trickery. They set the thing to knock out a nail and show that very thing...and then without moving anything on the machine or cutting the clip, they have the bullet in which it still hits...it's not in all metal to do it, or it wouldn't knock the nail out. Not only that...but they take the rock back home with them and do it with other targets. But you probably aren't going to listen to that but if you watch the video you can see it yourself.

So where exactly are you from Critter? In the States? What part? See here's what I've been thinking. I have these stretches off from work where I get bored with nothing to do. I was thinking if you could get to Tennessee, or North GA, I would show you the Blisstool first hand. And show you that it can do everything I've said and shown in my videos. You bring your GT down and we'll put them head to head in my Civil War relic sites. We will video everything uncut. You keep any relics you find. There is only one catch....when I prove to you it can do the things I and others have claimed....you have to go to all these forums you've been posting stuff on, and post what you saw and the truth...with the link to the video as well. Heck I'll even throw in a hundred dollar bill to help in your gas if you come here.

If travel is a problem, heck I've got a bunch of vacations days left and am off 5 days every other week. I could take a couple vacation days toward the end of my work week, and have about 9 days total off. If you are within range, I may just take myself a road trip and come demo it for you and you wouldn't have to travel. You might have to take a day off during the work week to do it, but hey it would let you "see for yourself". Same conditions....we video it, and you post about it. Only thing is with this one...if I'm travelling a long distance, and show you everyting I've said is true about it....you have to buy a Blisstool metal detector for yourself from Blisstool USA....Carter and BarryNy....just because it would only be the right thing for you to do since you've posted so much "speculative" things about it on the forums. I don't mean that like, you just tell me that you're going to buy one...and then never do it....I mean be ready to buy one right then and do it on the phone.

How's that sound to ya? Pretty good offer if you ask me....I don't get anything out of the deal and if I'm travelling, it's all coming out of my dime. I ain't a dealer or a paid off spokesman. Just showing you we've been telling you the truth and getting you to hush running it in the ground on the forums would be all the payment I need. I'll also be in Florida with it in the fall to do some beach hunting of my own, but that is the nearest saltwater beach area to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2012 10:07PM by Daniel Tn.
July 03, 2012 10:48PM
Nicely put Daniel i would love to see him take your offer. I am still learning my Bliss, it does take time but been using Barry &Carters cheat sheet. Keep cool!
July 04, 2012 12:28AM
Daniel, I just consider myself the mail man. Not responsible for the content of the letter. And, I'm just posting info from Blisstool users themselves. What's wrong with that? Only the guys who are pure pro-Blisstool are the ones who are allowed to post? I can assure you that the man I just posted about is a trusted friend who knows his machines. In fact, he sold his GT so he could get the Blisstool because he mostly hunts REMOTE farm fields. Yet, he's a man who tells it like it is. Good or bad, for his machines. Does he like his Blisstool? Yes, for his situation, but he still has some bad things to say about it. He has no ax to grind, so you can take his videos, his remarks, and his analysis of what he thinks is going on in certain tests as pure as the driven snow and how he honestly feels about things. I just saw a post elsewhere where yet another Blisstool user has been banned from a Blisstool site for having a few negative things to say. Not just the one I posted earlier. Probably tomorrow I'll dig that one up for you.

I may not have one in my hands (yet), but I've been around the block a few times in this field and have seen this kind of depth claim stuff come around numerous times before. That's why I instantly suspected there might be EMI or stability/ground chatter problems even before I started reading about them, because that's what sunk prior machines making similar depth claims in this respect. If indeed it is using (?) high amplification to achieve those depths (more than likely is my best educated guess...but I find it curious nobody wants to answer me when I ask that question) there has always been serious issues in the past with that form of technology in both EMI and also ground chatter and stability.

Has it been fixed in a somewhat good enough way (or even well beyond that and is not even an issue with this machine) this time around to make it usuable in more situations? Perhaps, but I can say that my instincts appear to be right *for some*. Not just in potential EMI issues, but also reports of instability in certain soils or sands, as well as not getting very good depth for some in those certain soils or sand. Not surprising, being a single frequency machine and with a "conventional" ground filter for ground balancing (by the looks of it, but I could be wrong).

Anyway, for the latest example of me not just "blowing smoke", there appears to be more embers in that fire that I first suspected. I was roundly bashed for even asking about EMI issues by several people. Here's YET another NEW posting about EMI...

"Just showing how the blisstool works in bad EMI and its disq on bottle caps you see i had to lower the gain to 0 for best results under the power lines and the one under the driveway it still did good , but is not recomended in the owners manuel , which says it is very unstabe around power and rich uban enviorments so they warn you best used in the farm field and woods i would say but i have got good results in the ball fields and trashy spots as well."

[www.youtube.com]

Not only is this another example of EMI issues, but in FACT the VERY MANUAL mentions the EMI thing as well and even says "very unstable around power and rich urban environments so they warn you best used in the farm fields and woods." Hmmm...Wonder why that little nugget wasn't mentioned by people when they were making it sound like my suspiciouns had no bases in reality? If the very owner's manual mentions that potential then you would think we would have at least heard about that little gem when I was getting raked over the coals for even suggesting there *might* be an EMI problem. I also wonder why some have tried to make it sound like I was making the whole EMI thing up as just a way to bash a machine when this guy says the OWNER'S MANUAL mentions the potential for EMI issues. Now, is he wrong? Somebody tell me that it doesn't say that in the manual. Who knows, maybe he's wrong about that. I'd be more than glad to be corrected on this fact if in fact he is wrong about it. Perhaps he is?

In fact, truth be known, I am considering adding a Blisstool to my line up. But, just like with the CTX, I ask some HARD questions and I also dig up all the dirt I can. I find that it's the bad that tells you the most about a machine when people have to address those points and explain things. Quickest way to get to the heart of the matter, as people tend to gloss over the bad and highlight the good. It's easy to find the good as that flows like water from certain people and companies. It's the bad you have to dig for. Not only that, but often people who have something negative to say about a machine are very reluctant to do so on the forums, because they then get treated to a bunch of "you're just machine bashing" and blah blah blah. I will distribute the information for others to decide. They can either consider it or not. That's not up to me.

And, far as the whole "come give it a try" thing. Well, I've got a few trusted friends who do in fact own this machine now and are putting it through it's paces. I'll decide if it's worthy for my consideration after they give me the low down, and also after I've read enough in various dark corners of the net to contrast that to. I have fears that it won't handle my soil even if it does well for others in certain soils. My soil ranges from low to high mineralization at certain sites which have brought most of the machines I've owned or used to their knees. Only thus far have the Minelabs been able to even break the 7.5" barrier in my soil that only a couple of machines were just barely able to achieve here for me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2012 01:48PM by critterhunter.
July 04, 2012 12:42AM
Here's another little tid bit for your reading pleasure...

"one other guy on that forum (in the UK) got banned as his blisstool did not get the advertized depth but like he said he had 1000 years of Iron build up in the soil so it did not perform as deep as stated or at least he had not figured out the settings as of yet but he got banned too he was not being maliciouse nor was i i want to know the truth , personally i like the bliss but i also like the Gold bug and the GT but like you say in the farm feilds it really does well for me and i know what to expect the guy got angry i was not folowing his setting to a T well thesetting did not get me the depth so i had to change them to my ground conditions and then got so me good depth the UK dirt is or may be different i was not trying to bog down his sales."

He also mentions 9" on a dime. Not exactly the stellar depth I've been hearing claims of. Not saying the Blisstool might not be a fantastic deep machine on certain targets in certain soils, but I am saying that to say no other possibilities for others in their soil can exist is closed minding thinking. Thus far my impression is that in the right soil, looking for the right targets (being a single frequency machine for both those conditional reasons), and probably well away from EMI, and also in low non-ferrous areas of that have a lot of iron you can still reject...That's when this machine is probably going to shine from the gist of what I'm seeing so far. Prove to me otherwise...
July 04, 2012 03:14AM
Critter -- Just like I thought...you're all talk. You've had 3 offers on this board to see it in action for yourself and wont go. I even offered to come to you. Are you afraid you are gonna be proved wrong by somebody who knows how to run the machine?

I don't have a problem with people posting negative about it. IF they have used one and know what they are doing. The problem is...you've not used one and have know idea what the crap you're even talking about. What forums are these supposed posts by users coming from, that you are copy and pasting over here? I'm on just about all the forums and I've not seen any of the ones you've quoted from. The Geotech quotes you had....I cleared all that up. The ones commenting admitted they had never seen one or used one. The only ones there to actually use one was Carl, Barry, Carter, and myself.

Offer still stands on the meet. All you gotta do is say when. Otherwise you're just all talk.
July 04, 2012 03:23AM
daniel, come on down to the spacecoast! ill make the kids sleep on the porch and you can stay in there room. beach is right across the street.
chuck.
July 04, 2012 04:00AM
seeker -- Not sure where the spacecoast is. We are gonna be in the Panama Beach area in a condo. Not sure how far that is away from you but if close to you, shoot me a PM and we'll get together one day. It's my wife's idea for vacation this year. I'm not much of a beach guy...been twice in 30 yrs of living but she likes it. I'd rather have my mountains lol

Critter -- You want to see if it will handle your dirt? What better way than to see it in person? Wanted to see if it does good or bad in EMI....lets take it and see in person then you'll know, right? How long have your trusted friends been putting the Bliss through the paces? I mean as in when did they receive their units? I talked to Barry the other day about the Diggin in VA hunts and asked when the next shipments of Blisstools were coming in...I know how many went out when I received mine and know when the others shipped. So based on what u say...I will know whether you're blowing smoke about your friends having them already.

I tell ya what. I will sweeten the pot. I've seen where you are interested in the Minelab CTX. And that its out of your price range for now. I tell you what. If you come down here and the Blisstool ain't what I've said it was in the field. I will take you down to North GA Relics and personally buy you a brand new CTX. Free of charge....just for coming down. We will still video everything and if I'm proven wrong I will eat crow....post the video and you'll get a brand new CTX 3030. Now that's confidence. Would anybody that was lying or blowing smoke take that kind of risk?
July 04, 2012 10:23AM
So, now the pot is; Daniel chips in $100 for CH's gas cost to come to him or they meet at a designated area.
Daniel and CH video their tests/hunts. They have a blast and become friends.
Daniels Bliss dosen't perform as stated, Daniel buys CH a CTX 3030 and they post video's.
Daniels Bliss performs as stated, CH has to buy a Blisstool on the spot, and post videos.

Does that about sum it up guys? A bit one sided but that's the lure.