Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 Sensitivity

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 Sensitivity
April 02, 2009 05:31PM
At what setting will the F75 start losing depth. Sen. 60 etc?
Re: F75 Sensitivity
April 03, 2009 12:33AM
Depends on too many variables go list...
April 03, 2009 12:22PM
In the ID mode...... at a Disc setting of '0',,,,,, you can lower Sens quite a bit (up to a certain point) and lose very little depth. What happens is..... the more you lower Sens (whilst running Disc '0').... the more 'modulated' the audio responses become. Some folks prefer modulated audio (deep signals = weak audio). The LENGTH of the audio response can also become shorter in duration.

Now...... different story once you start adding Disc. With any Disc setting above '0',,,,,,,,, the moment you start lowering Sens...is the moment you start losing depth performance. This is especially true with a Disc setting of '5' or higher.

All of this can be verified with a proper test-garden.
April 03, 2009 12:36PM
Tom, do you have a test garden and, if so, can you describe it?
April 03, 2009 12:52PM
Yes, and it's fully described in great length in a previous thread.... and it's described and demonstrated in the DVD. (I'm a bit short on time at the moment to find the thread).
April 03, 2009 01:11PM
Great! I should see the DVD when I return home tomorrow.
April 03, 2009 10:58PM
I did a test in the field before I dug a deep high conductor (coin signal). The coin turned out to be a wheat penny between 7 & 8 inches. My settings when I initially detected the target were:

Sensitivity = 85
Discrimination = 6
Tones = Delta Pitch
Fast Grab Ground Balance around 67.

I incrementally lowered the sensitivity from 85 to 70 without any loss in ability to hear the target. The target started to degrade at about 65, and by the time I got to 60, I could barely make out the target.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2009 04:08PM by ziphius.
April 04, 2009 10:43AM
.....and this phenomenon is even more pronounced in heavily nail/iron infested sites.