Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

f-75 small coil

Posted by jmaryt 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
f-75 small coil
April 05, 2009 04:21AM
tom!
was just wondering if you use your 6" coil on the f-75 a lot when you go park hunting,or do you generally stay with the standard dd coil for those conditions?
also do you plan on acquiring the new 5" dd coil?...thanks!

(h.h!)
j.t.
Re: f-75 small coil
April 05, 2009 04:42PM
For park hunting the 6" coil would miss so many targets but for maybe strips or small areas it would be best used. The new 5" even smaller would be used for maybe over grown areas tight spots celler holes strips. I did use my 6 inch is a huge field in my back yard...it is so hard to swing that coil becasue there is so much ground to cover...but it you take you time and work an area you can pull out some targets the 11 coil missed due to iron.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 06, 2009 04:21AM
hey lowboy!
thanks for the input!..so would you recommend staying with the standard coil under trashy park conditions?..thanks!

(h.h!)
April 06, 2009 11:57AM
The standard/stock eliptical DD coil gives the best depth and target separation over all other coils.... except the 5" DD. I do not have a 5" DD yet..... but if I get one, I'll provide a report...... head-to-head.......compared to the other coils. I surmise it'll be the only other coil available that will out-perform the 7" x 11" stock eliptical DD coil in extreme trash conditions.
April 06, 2009 05:18PM
I still like the 11"DD it is so fast but in tight araes like strips or between sidewalks stuff like that the small coil works best

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

April 07, 2009 12:49AM
Tom and LowBoy -
I have a couple 100+ year old parks (that I can actually use the F75 in) that have literally a carpet of pull tabs and foil. The 11" DD would never get a solid signal on anything - it was just a contstant mess of noise. There was always two or more targets under the 7X11. Notching the problem TIDs turned a riotously noisey machine to completely quiet. A modern pull tab next to an old pull tab would sometimes give you a diggable TID - it was maddening.

I bought the smaller concentric and I actually pulled three wheats out in an hour on Saturday. I couldn't cover much ground, but had much more success. I would imagine there are a lot of places like that so jmaryt might actually have some success with the smaller coils.
April 07, 2009 02:44AM
thanks tom!..i have the 6" coil,however have not used it yet!..now that the 5" dd is available,my curiosity is getting the better of me!..if you acquire one,would be very interested in a comparison test!
April 07, 2009 03:56AM
I USED THE SMALL 6 INCH COIL AT A FIELD BEHIND MY HOUSE AND THE WEEDS ARE GROWING FAST AND TALL. I DID HIT A WHEAT AND A BULLET AND A BUTTON THE MASKING WAS SO BAD I THINK THE 7X11 MISSED IT NOW I WANT THE 5"
'

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

April 08, 2009 04:53AM
thanks for the input low boy!..from initial reports,it appears the 5" separates a little better!..jury's still out!

(h.h!)
j.t.
April 08, 2009 09:58PM
My trick is to make a 'virtual' small coil with my stock coil, by reducing my swing arc considerably in trashy places. You are actually swinging the coil faster over a narrower path, which aids greatly in your ability to detect deep targets. I've been able to pull many silver coins out of areas I have absolutely pounded to death with this strategy.
April 09, 2009 02:34AM
I just ordered the 5" DD and will put it to test against my 6" elliptical in my test garden. My garden is very simple:

Nickel @ 4"
Zinc Penny @ 4"
Silver Dime @ 6"
Silver Dime @ 7"
Silver Dime @ 8"
Nail @ 45 degree angle buried 1", 6" away from a silver dime buried @ 4"
Bottle cap @ 3"

GB @ 55, FeO3 @ 0.03 (2" decent dirt and red clay beyond that)
April 10, 2009 11:48AM
I like your 'complex' target config the best.