Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

For the lightness of it

Posted by pulltabMiner 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
For the lightness of it
June 27, 2012 01:34PM
I am going on a new direction with my metal detecting. I decided to trade my 3 detectors for an XP Deus.

Most people don't have a problem with weight. Most people are happy that their machines are well balanced. But to me, since I began digging all mid-tones especially, weight has become of paramount importance.

The only choice that fulfills my requirements of light weight and power is the XP Deus.

Plus, with my other detectors, It was cumbersome to store and carry them. The XP will be a snap to put away and carry around.

And then there is the XP's proven record.

Last, with the temperatures hovering around 105 F around here lately, I need to travel as light as possible.

This is not to say that I won't miss the three machines I've become adept at; The V3i, the At Pro, and the CZ-3D. Each of those was an excellent machine for me. I am saddened that I'm trading my V3i and my CZ-3D at the time when I was making the most sense out of them but alas! I am after gold and gold hunting is a harsh mistress. I need to optimize wherever I can.

Pinpoint twice, dig once
Re: For the lightness of it
June 27, 2012 02:39PM
Personally it can be mind boggling especially owning and using 3 diffrent units in a season from day to day....Sort of jack of all trades master of none..We are all individuals and whatever works and good luck with your decision and your ventures...
June 27, 2012 03:17PM
Pulltab Miner; . I feel as you do about the lite wt. At my age weight is very important. I currently own more detectors than I care to admit, some of which I seldom use. I doubt that I will ever get down to one, but I am going to cull the flock and get one lite wt. hi preformace machine which will be a Deus unless Fisher comes out with something soon that is just as good. I spend the summer traveling a lot, and draging 4 or 5 detectors around is a hassle. I will always want a couple of dedicated nugget hunting detectors tho.
jrk
June 27, 2012 03:17PM
The Deus has been nothing short of eye opening to me in my short time in using, from a depth, speed perspective alone. I'm not familiar with your existing machines, but from what I've gathered, you've got all other machines out there all wrapped in one with the Deus. I'm currently using the larger coil for some field work, and it's flat out amazing...screams on some deep targets that my ET won't even notice.
And the smaller targets when running in higher frequencies...damn!

You are correct about the ergonomics...insanely easy to pack/carry/use, but, as nice as the latter is, the performance is even more noticeable to me.

Obviously just my opinion from my observation/use.

Good luck!

Randy
June 27, 2012 04:23PM
Good luck with you new Dues.
June 27, 2012 08:56PM
Understandable move; yet, hope you are not a wet salt beach hunter.
June 27, 2012 09:59PM
On wet salt beachs I use a TDI or CZ6A, altho I don't do much wet salt beach hunting any more. Tom have you had any experience with the XP Deus?
June 27, 2012 11:06PM
Yes..... and I wrote a report on it.... and posted a thread on the Deus on this forum.......... a few months ago.
June 28, 2012 01:02AM
PullTabMiner, I am with you on metal detector weight. I have no rotator cuff issues and I don't plan to.

But as a jewlery hunter, have you considered the GB Pro or the G2?

Super light weight, simple to operate, and very sensitive to gold jewlery.

Not to mention one heck of a lot cheaper than the XP.

Just putting that one out there for your consideration.
June 28, 2012 01:41AM
I don't know how you could let go of a properly tuned CZ-3D. I believe it will be a long time before that one leaves my possession.
June 30, 2012 05:26PM
i also have a selection of good kit but they seldom get much use as the deus is so light and manageble ,it gets first grabs .
the selection of frequencies that you can switch on is so usefull
June 30, 2012 05:59PM
I too have a prety full stable including a CZ & a GB PRO, but I am still very intrested in a Deus.
June 30, 2012 06:19PM
The DEUS is an awesome machine ...You will love it..

Very versatile..
Very user friendly.
Very Task oriented in multiple scenarios ...

Keith
June 30, 2012 10:21PM
Yeah,count me in,as far as interest in the Deus,and weight is really my last concern. Someone just had one for$1200 ,wish the timing was right,but just bought a Glock 23, wife may use it on me if I buy another toy,haha.