Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 in je mode

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 in je mode
April 06, 2009 02:51PM
When you put the F75 in je mode does it change the frequency of the machine. If not couldn't you just adjust the de mode to match the same performance of the F75 in je mode? What makes the je mode better for jewelry?
Re: F75 in je mode
April 06, 2009 04:06PM
The manual says JE mode is more sensitive to small items, like jewelry. My field experience with the machine confirms that. JE mode is more sensitive to EVERYTHING! In fact, it is a mode that is too hot for many searching environments, like trashy parks. I would only use JE mode for searching areas with low target densities. Switching to JE mode is essentially like triggering a booster amp. Deep, faint targets will sound off louder, some targets you may not have been able to hear in other modes will become prominent, but adjacent targets will also confound your ability to separate the target you are trying to focus on from the trash around it.
April 07, 2009 01:38AM
'JE' mode is not a change in frequency.
April 07, 2009 02:52PM
I agree with everything ziphius said

especially the::------Deep, faint targets will sound off louder, some targets you may not have been able to hear in other modes will become prominent-----

my area where i have tried to use it and i will find tiny pieces of foil, alum.,etc................i am talking BB size or less and sound good real deep.

i can not use it for that reason. i would need a team of migrant workers to dig and sift with probe to find all the little stuff,man it takes a lot of time to just find it.
April 08, 2009 04:34AM
I do not own the F75 (yet) so i am just speculating. Would hunting in JE mod with the 5" DD not be a good combo? And would that combo possibly rival the Goldbug II
for small target size at depth?
April 08, 2009 09:55PM
turtleman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I do not own the F75 (yet) so i am just
> speculating. Would hunting in JE mod with the 5"
> DD not be a good combo? And would that combo
> possibly rival the Goldbug II
> for small target size at depth?

I haven't used the smaller coils, but since the small coils are usually used in high-trash environments where JE mode is too noisy, I'd think you would just have to experiment between modes and find out.
April 08, 2009 11:36PM
The F75 with 5" DD coil in JE mode will find VERY small targets...... yet, not quite match the performance of the GB-II for tiny targets. Some prospecting folks like this...... as they can ignore (actually.... not hear/detect) the tiny flakes of gold that the GB-II would find, yet, concentrate more so on the slightly larger nuggets.
April 09, 2009 05:32AM
I am not a relic hunter, so the attraction of the F75 is for coin hunting.With the 5"DD in JE mode i thought it would be a close second to the Goldbug 2 for micro jewelry hunting. One detector with two coils could cover 95% of my hunting needs.
April 10, 2009 11:53AM
The CZ is much (audibly) easier at finding coins; yet, the F75 will perform a better job at finding slightly masked/handicapped coins...... plus all of the simple solo cherry-picking coins that the CZ finds.