Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What do you think Tom

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What do you think Tom
April 07, 2009 12:52PM
I got this off of [rogers-relics-uk.com]
and look for the fisher f75 area.
Setting up the Fisher F75 to hunt in the wet salt sand

no no - it works good on the beach in the damp sand - got this from my friend TinFoil in florida

This might be long.

1. Put it in all metal. Set Sen. to 80, Threshold to -1, and pull trigger and push button till you get it to F7. This way machine will run quite for you

2. G/B, manual G/B that is. it will G/B around 6 to 0 depends where you G/B. I just go down to the wet sand not the water wet sand and G/B. Usually will G/B out around 0. Remember there are 5 clicks between each number and this is important at the beach.

3. Now when you sweep you might get a little whirrr sound, don't pay any attention to it. It is just a little ground flutter due to the wet salt sand if you are in the wet part.

4. Ziz Zag find the coin line. You know that.

5. Now this is the most important part after you get things set up. Small bad iron targets will give you a BaDa audio. Large pieces of rusty iron including bottle caps will give you a loud BAAAAAAA audio. I son't know what the green hienikin bottle caps sound like so you have to figuare that out . Let me know what audio you get in all metal on them.

6. Good targets above iron or 15 ID number will give you a Zip Zip audio every time. Unless the target is on edge it will read close to the regular ID numbers as long as you get the target centered. On edge the numbers will jump a little. Just go ahead and pinpoint the target and dig your ass off.

It is really fast even in the wet sand. The only thing I get in the real bad black sand is that little flutter but you should run pretty smooth. Anytime you get a Zip Zip dig the target. I don't even look at the ID unless I hear a Zip zip zinc audio and they will hit around 45-50 with a nasty Zip Zip. Dig a few hundred and you will hear what I am talking about. I don't dig Zinc's when I am in a hurry. The Gold Zinc Zip Zip is different. A lot smoother audio. You will really be surprised at the targets you will dig.

I have a SE, Gt, F75, and a Excal.and about 10 more detectors. those 4 will hunt that beach I hunt but none will hunt it as fast as the F75 and will not get as many targets as the F75 will. If I want to hunt slow and really deep then it is the SE with the 10X14 Excellerator coil, The Gt with the 12.5" excellerator coil or my Excal in the water with the 10" on or my CZ20. The F75 on the small stuff is better then all of them up to 10 or 11 inches.

Well I hope this helped . Like I said it took me two months of hunting the F75 on that bad A$$ beach I hunt on but, brother did I dig some gold. I won't bother you with all the figuars.

Just take my word for it this Dog will hunt. You just got to play around a little with the numbers I gave you. Listen to that audio and it won't be long. HH Jerry aka Tinfoil
Re: What do you think Tom
April 07, 2009 11:32PM
I simply could not ascertain this type of performance with Florida beaches.
April 08, 2009 12:47AM
Sorry Tom, I didn't understand your response.

Are you saying that you do not get this (good) performance in Florida beaches?
April 08, 2009 11:33PM
Yes, the F75 was very difficult to acquire a stable response...... and ID accuracy lacked with many different items...... especially steel (not so much with iron).