Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Fisher what is next???

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Fisher what is next???
April 07, 2009 05:31PM
I was reading a lot of past forum debates on detectors. It looks like we are at a point where we all want more. Why? Well we have been huntng for so long and the areas that we hunt are getting harder to find. So you have to give us more?

Not more eye candy but more power, more unmasking...that is where alot of targets are hiding and missed and never found. Depth, a lot more depth that does not give the VDI or tone a weak sound but a strong lock on...And multy freq that can be used together or by themselves. I think if the F75 had a lower freq I would have a better time finding coins when I relic hunt.

And can't we disc out iron and still pick out the good targets. Like you blank out a square head nail but you don't lose shells and copper or any target for that matter?

I think a mixture of units in one. A Coin Strike a CZ and the F75 all in one unit. We need something that is the next step. I have read a lot about the new vision and would love someone to let Nase Tom put it through the test of all tests. Iron, masking, recovery speed, depth.

Come on Tom you have the best forum you are a smart man and very loyal to your forum. We trust you and you have not been wrong on the F75 or CZ3 or any Fisher you have tested. We need someone in your area to let you have a go at the new vision...

But getting back to all of us...some of us are getting older. I may have about a good 15 years left of detecting, but those days of a weekend from dawn to dusk of hunting take a toll on me now.

So what can Fisher bring to the table that is the next step? We all would like to tell the difference from gold and trash. It doesn't have to tell us it is gold but just give us more info then we have now.

So what is Fisher going to do while the baby boomers are waiting. I see minelab is adding features to a line of detectore. But most of the users are saying it is not worth the money to upgrade they want something very new and different.

Then you can say if it is not broken why fix it? And the F75 for those of us that have learned how to use it and have learned how to make it work for us in bad areas in bad ground on hot days and the machine keeps on ticking like a work horse why want more. Maybe I am spoiled and after a few years with a new machine I want more..

But the main idea here is...and then I will let you go. How can we imporve the hobby before the relics and coins sink into the earth so deep we will never find them. How can we hunt the sights we still have before they are lost to homes and parks!

Can a new machine come out soon from a brain child like Dave Johnson and others at Fisher and they can say, here it is the machine we have always wanted to build but didn't have the money or support to build, here is a machine that is the next step and it works. I am happy with the F75 it doesn't do it all but it does a better job then any unit I have had.

My two cents I had a day off with nothing to do but now that I have written so much about detecting I think I will take my F75 and small coil and see what I can dig out of the field that dates back to the 1840 next to my house. The weeds are taller then me so I have to use the 6" I can't wait to try the 5".

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: New Fisher what is next???
April 07, 2009 11:56PM
The F75 IS that 'leap-in-technology'. I do not want to see a Coin$trike & CZ merged with the F75. Rather; I'd like to see additional advancements with the F75...... assuming a paradigm shift is not in order. The Coin $trike is much more limited vs. the F75. Even if you take the best highlights from the C$...... it would hurt the F75's current perf levels..... if the two were merged.

....... And just because another Mfr comes out with a new flagship....does not consitute all other Mfr's need to do the same. Nor does it mean that the newest flagship model is above all others. I would rather be 'pro-active' vs. 'reactive'. Seems to me; White's is chasing Fisher's flagship..... and not the other way around. White's is really starting to use DD coils as of fairly recently (a good thing).

Yes, I am ALWAYS ready for new technology..... and applaud advancements... regardless of Mfr! Bring it on! I'm always ready!
Wow, what a response
April 08, 2009 12:16AM
Wow, what a response