Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ6a in wet sand

Posted by prodrigsr 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ6a in wet sand
April 10, 2009 10:53PM
Should be getting my upgraded CZ6 to CZ6a pretty soon. What would be the best way to hunt wet sand and what settings are best. Thanks.
Re: CZ6a in wet sand
April 11, 2009 11:08AM
I presume you are talking about wet SALT sand. -

--Two choices:

1. All-metal/Auto-Tune mode with volume & Sens on '10'. (You can flip to ID mode by placing Disc on '0'........ each time you find a target, so as to ID before you dig).

2. Or simply run in Disc '0' mode. In this mode, you must find out how high you can adjust Sens for 'just barely' stable performance. I'll usually run Sens in the 'just barely' chattery/unstable performance...... and live with it.
February 23, 2012 10:26PM
How would you run cz-5 or 3-d in inland wet sand? When you transition between dry and wet do you need to adjust G.B. and sens. ? If there was low or no mineralazation would you run G.B. at 9-10? hope nobody minds bringing up old post; seemed like a good place 2 ask a couple of jackleg questions* thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2012 05:32AM by rapidroy7.
February 24, 2012 03:31AM
Dry/wet "SALT" sand ................... or................. dry-to-wet NON-salt sand.

In either case............. yes!!! ..... there can very well be a tremendous Grnd Bal differential between dry sand.... and wet sand. Some places..... it may not be so evident; yet, other places may be a large differential.