Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 humming in Disc mode?

Posted by Robby 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 humming in Disc mode?
April 11, 2009 02:40PM
Hey, Ive had my F75 for about a month now and finally started to bump things up a little smiling smiley.. Even after a factory reset when i bump the sens up to or past 88 in disk mode i get this slight humming sound.. is this normal? Its not that erratic EMI sound, i know what that sounds like smiling smiley

If i jump over to all metal mode and switch from stat to motion mode and switch back over in disk mode the humming is gone. I can bump the sens up over 88 and all is silent... Hmmmmm?

Oh.... and yes the detector ID's targets and gets good depth,
Re: F75 humming in Disc mode?
April 11, 2009 11:33PM
Mine does that too, but not all of the time. It seems like it's more likely when the ground is above 85 GB or if I'm near power lines.
April 12, 2009 01:44PM
My F75 hums with the small elliptical concentric coil but chirps with either of the DD coils.

I actually like the hum background rather than the chirping.
April 13, 2009 03:08PM
Robby,

Your numbers and observation are exactly correct. When you are in the ID mode and you raise Sens to '88' specifically...... and hear a 'hum'; this means that your All-Metal mode was left in 'Stat'.
Simply flip over to the All-Metal mode and select 'motion'. Now flip over to the ID mode..... and your 'hum' problem is gone.
April 14, 2009 05:30PM
Thanks for the replies. Good to know the detector is acting normal smiling smiley
April 15, 2009 02:15AM
Yes, I duplicated the same thing with my F75. If fact, it occurs at any SENS setting 88 or higher.

Is this done by design for any particular reason?
April 16, 2009 01:45PM
........was not intentional; however, this should tell you something about Sens settings at '88' or above.