Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Lil Gold Ring for the Deus

Posted by DrJoeprime 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Lil Gold Ring for the Deus
July 14, 2012 10:56PM
Almost a month since my last gold ring so I knew it was due....and it came on Thursday early evening at Seal Beach dry sand.

With my trusty XP Deus not too deep but a nice strong hit of 55. I've been paying special attention to the non-coin signals (below 80 down to 44) because although I'll pick up all the coins, Gold is what I'm after! :ar15: 99.5% of the non-coin signals are also non-Gold, unfortunately but this was a very strong hit and I even asked myself...What can such a strong 55 be? And the answer is .... GOLD!

It's a small, light ladies band coming in at 2.55g of 14K. This is Gold ring #8 for the Deus..

Oh yeah...there's a summation sign after the "14K" ...anyone know what that means? I'm hoping it's the same as the "KP" of Plumb since Artcarved is a good brand.

Monday I'm flying off to Virginia to visit my dad...of course taking the Deus and seeing what I can turn up,

HH Joe

Re: Lil Gold Ring for the Deus
July 14, 2012 11:40PM
Joe,

Congrats on #8. Good luck with the Deus on the CW relics in Virginia. It will be a change from beach hunting for sure.

Cuniagau

PS I got back home with $29.99, 2 tungsten wedding rings, 2 ear rings, 2 pendents (one silver, sone junk), a 1964 quarter, 1 1962 dime, two 1955 wheat cents and the joy of detecting with my friend DrJoePrime once again. Hope to get to detect with you again in December.

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.”
July 15, 2012 01:31AM
Wow!!!!!! This is what I like to see!!!! I got a taste of the yellow stuff with my Deus and that makes me happy to see others find it. And me too of course. LOL Congrats to you as you deserve it!
July 16, 2012 06:31PM
The summation sign might be part of the registered trademark. I've got an old one that has the same mark (engraved 5-42).
Nice find.

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil