Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab Pro Find 25 is officially released

Posted by Bryannagirl 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab Pro Find 25 is officially released
July 16, 2012 03:54AM
Here you go let the discussions begin

[www.minelab.com]

Bryanna
Re: Minelab Pro Find 25 is officially released
July 16, 2012 04:39AM
Bryannagirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here you go let the discussions begin
>
> [www.minelab.com]
> sories/pinpointer/pro-find-25
>
> Bryanna

How' this for a discussion-----HOW MUCH??? ha ha
July 16, 2012 09:31AM
Looks like a Garrett with upgrades.
July 16, 2012 01:27PM
Yep! That was my first post on another site . The million dollar question How Much?

Bryanna
July 16, 2012 01:39PM
It'll be nice not to have to deal with and worry about the interference the turned off Pro Pointer can cause when using the F75/70/T-2.
July 16, 2012 01:46PM
LOL! The tip is waterproof! LOL!!!! Ha ha ha...he he he...tee hee....

Ahem!...yeah, let's hope they price it competitively...

Pinpoint twice, dig once
July 16, 2012 03:34PM
I hate to admit it but nothing new with Minelab they are playing catch up.. The Garrett is a great unit for the price the uniporbe is also hard to beat. To get me to buy another probe you will have to do something that no one has done before...and there are a lot of guys that still wave a handful of dirt under the coil...Lets start to find a way to design a new detector that lives up to what NASA Tom wants and all of us want....Who can deliver that to us...Fisher/Tek are going to lead the pack or make the same mistakes the other have...and if I ever get back into this hobby it will take a lot for me to consider buying a new detector....It is harder to relic hunt in my area and it would be fun to hit parks and schools and find more rings if we can have a detector that can help us and I mean really help us with all of the trash.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 16, 2012 03:51PM
under 500.00 we hope
July 16, 2012 04:19PM
Looks like a propointer knock off.
July 16, 2012 04:41PM
Simply put...Garrett pro pinpointer.....is the best I ever used.........Duplication is the best form flattery....upgrades might be a plus but price might be a minus....
July 16, 2012 05:35PM
$169 (MAP)!----That sound good?
July 16, 2012 05:56PM
It would have to sell for about $75.00 and they won't get rich by selling them and they won't sell a lot of detectors by having them. I think they made a big mistake or really had no big new design to move this hobby into a new level...I think that the company that makes the Deus has the best chance to come out with a new machine and have an upgrade that really makes a big difference....and of course lets hope Fisher/Tek takes the time to take advantage of finding out what we want and knowing that a couple of years ago when they were designing a new detector...I just get to sit and watch and read before I can start detecting again...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

July 16, 2012 06:21PM
I'd like to know how it air tests mostly. Looks to be very similar to the Garrett in it's operation, but it offers that separation of sound and vibration (nice to have the vibration only in parks). I love the Garrett. I sometimes use the coin on the shaft trick to get more depth and wish it was built in. Well, it is on the Minelab but in 3 increments it looks like. Not sure how much more depth it will get, we'll have to look for those first reports.

Here is what the Garrett Pro-Pointer does (approximately). Second number is with a coin on the shaft to get the extra depth:
.01***1.50"***2-25"
.05***1.75"***3"
.10***1.25"***2.5"
.25***1.50"***3"

edit - Here is the Minelab pinpointer at max sensitivity:

.10***1.75"
.25***2.25"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2012 07:31PM by earthmansurfer.
July 16, 2012 06:59PM
So far no tests or pricing but someone on another site says that it does hit better in Dirt then Air. - Just like a Minelab. Not sure that is true or not. I think they took the major complaints about the Propointer and addressed them.
On/Off Audio - Yep!
Selectable Sensitivity - Yep!
Waterproof - nope
Battery Saver - Yep!
Cheaper - doubtful
No Interference - Yep!
Greater Depth - Have to wait and see

They got pretty close - price and reliability will have to wait.

Last but not least I will bet it has the same depth as the Propointer and to get greater depth the coin trick will still work.

Bryanna

earthmansurfer Wrote:
> I'd like to know how it air tests mostly. Looks to
> be very similar to the Garrett in it's operation,
> but it offers that separation of sound and
> vibration (nice to have the vibration only in
> parks). I love the Garrett. I sometimes use the
> coin on the shaft trick to get more depth and wish
> it was built in. Well, it is on the Minelab but in
> 3 increments it looks like. Not sure how much more
> depth it will get, we'll have to look for those
> first reports.
>
> Here is what the Garrett Pro-Pointer does
> (approximately). Second number is with a coin on
> the shaft to get the extra depth:
> .01***1.50"***2-25"
> .05***1.75"***3"
> .10***1.25"***2-5"
> .25***1.50"***3"
July 16, 2012 07:18PM
A mod on the forum tested the depth per my request, as follows:

Albert, when you turn it back on, it resumes the same Sensitivity setting you had when it was shut off. I measured three coins...... silver dollar, quarter and dime. Max. Sensitivity hit the silver dollar at 3 - inches, quarter at 2.25 - inches and the dime at 1.75 - inches. These were all strong signals, not irratic. Minimal Sensitivity detects coins about 3/8 inch away from the probe. I've found the "depth" in the ground exceeds air testing measurements. As you said, the adjustible sensitivity is great! :cool: This allows us to use it as a probe, or as a pinpointer!
HH Randy End Quote

I am stoked about that depth. Ok, it isn't as deep as the Garrett in the air but it falls in between the Garrett in standard mode and "boost mode" but much easier to use. I love that it remembers the last sensitivity used.
I have to edit my above post and do a side by side. I wonder if the Minelab can be tricked to going even deeper like the Garrett?
July 16, 2012 07:57PM
The depth sounds like what I can get with a $20 Little Wizard II.

dunno.

HH
Mike
July 16, 2012 08:31PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
> The depth sounds like what I can get with a $20
> Little Wizard II.
>
> dunno.
>
> HH
> Mike

Have you every used a Garrett Pro-pointer? They are great. Much better depth than cheaper pin-pointers. Gets better depth in the ground I notice. Same is said about the Minelab from the Mod, so actually the depth is more than what is stated. Now, the Minelab is 50% deeper than the Garrett if you don't boost the garrett (which is a pain). I don't understand your comment. How much depth could you want? I just like to check on the surface first (boost mode) to see if it is 3" or less deep. But you can stay in boost as it is effective when close up too, due to the increased response the closer you get.
July 16, 2012 08:38PM
One other thing with the ML, it doesn't interfere with the detector. I don't know if that is an issue with the Garrett. I heard retail price is $169. Heck Beau smears a little silicone on the Garrett and he submerges it in water... I could live with that. I'm still using my original Bulls-eye (and my Sunray) but leaning towards getting the Garrett. Seems everybody that has one loves it.
July 16, 2012 09:02PM
It is $169.00. I use a GPP and it does all I need and cheaper. I can't justify the cost. The GPP causes no problem with my Minelab SE and V3i.

[www.missionmetaldetectors.com]
July 16, 2012 09:19PM
In the UK, the Minelab is being sold for a hefty 125 Pounds, compared to the Garrett PP at 89 Pounds, so I don't think it will prove too popular here. The Garrett is considered 'expensive for what it is', I think some were optimistic the Minelab would be cheaper than the Garrett, but similar or slightly better performance.
July 16, 2012 09:38PM
Pimento - It's 90 Pounds on ebay.co.uk. In Germany they are €150! ($184) It is cheaper for me to buy it in the UK and have it shipped to Germany. It is yet cheaper to buy it in America and have it shipped to Germany! (But then I might have to go to customs to pick it up and risk paying an import tax of 20%, ends up costing slightly more then).

Robert - Yes, the Garrett worked well with the V3i. It does cause my CTX to false a bit but I take headphones off when I dig, so no problem.

The Garrett is truly a great pinpointer. Will be curious to see if the Minelab sells well considering the cost and how good the Pro pointer is.

Albert
July 16, 2012 10:26PM
Pro-Poiner with a Sidekick on it > Minelab Pro Find 25

[www.youtube.com]
July 16, 2012 11:23PM
I do know that sometimes when you use to much sens that the probe may react to the ground and it would seem like the target is all over the place...

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

July 16, 2012 11:31PM
It would be interesting to see how the Minelab fares on difficult small/low-conductivity targets. This is where a higher-frequency would come into play, and the ability to really outshine the Garrett. Targets such as 0.177 or 0.22 airgun pellets would be suitable test items. Other tough targets would be small gold ear-rings, and shotgun pellets 0.1 inch/ 2.5mm diameter or less.
July 17, 2012 12:05AM
I'll get one for a backup to my Garrett. LOL
July 17, 2012 02:20AM
Albert, What I mean is that for the price I'd expect better performance. The Little Wizard II can offer the same performance for $20. It has adjustable sensitivity, will go just as deep. Only drawback is that the probe head is wide. I got one of those back in 2004. I've dropped it into water, filled it full of sand and used it hard. Still have it and it still works though the abuse has degraded it some now.

I have used a set of Uniprobes for the last three or four years and the performance of the probe and the quality of headphones justify the price. I don't have to play with it to get it work like I want it to, I can hit targets 3 and 4 inches deep in the ground, I don't have to worry about getting it wet or muddy and it is totally silent.

I guess I think the price on the handheld electronic probes are excessive for no more than what you get.

HH
Mike
July 17, 2012 04:26AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> I hate to admit it but nothing new with Minelab
> they are playing catch up.. The Garrett is a great
> unit for the price the uniporbe is also hard to
> beat. To get me to buy another probe you will have
> to do something that no one has done before...and
> there are a lot of guys that still wave a handful
> of dirt under the coil...Lets start to find a way
> to design a new detector that lives up to what
> NASA Tom wants and all of us want....Who can
> deliver that to us...Fisher/Tek are going to lead
> the pack or make the same mistakes the other
> have...and if I ever get back into this hobby it
> will take a lot for me to consider buying a new
> detector....It is harder to relic hunt in my area
> and it would be fun to hit parks and schools and
> find more rings if we can have a detector that can
> help us and I mean really help us with all of the
> trash.

i'm in lowboy! been watin' on the "breakthrough" in trash hunting!
hopefully soon!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 17, 2012 04:30AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> $169 (MAP)!----That sound good?

was amazed when "charlie" introduced
the pro-pointer" best "detector" he's ever made!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 17, 2012 04:34AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> It would have to sell for about $75.00 and they
> won't get rich by selling them and they won't sell
> a lot of detectors by having them. I think they
> made a big mistake or really had no big new design
> to move this hobby into a new level...I think that
> the company that makes the Deus has the best
> chance to come out with a new machine and have an
> upgrade that really makes a big difference....and
> of course lets hope Fisher/Tek takes the time to
> take advantage of finding out what we want and
> knowing that a couple of years ago when they were
> designing a new detector...I just get to sit and
> watch and read before I can start detecting
> again...

lawrenzo! i believe "dave & crew" know WHAT we want!
my money's on mr j this is no" sucker's bet!" faith moves mountains!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 17, 2012 08:13AM
typical ML ,over the top on price and no doubt a heavy beast too.
the garret will reign supreme i suspect ,its a top bit of kit right now.