Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 all metal mode static/motion

Posted by damiano 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 all metal mode static/motion
April 16, 2009 05:28AM
Hello,
I'm one of the happy users who have F75 but i want to know how to set my detector for deep search for military stuff from WWI.

I have few questions:

1.What is better static or motion mode for military stuff ( all metal mode ) ??

2.What settings are the best for hunting large metal object like empty shrapnell cells or bayonets or copper bucklets or fuses ( can i go deep with loose some shrapnell tiny bullets - they are nightmare fot me ) ??

3.How fast i must sweep the coil in motion mode and what in static ( sweeps per second ) ??

4.I don't use disc mode beacuse of shrapnell tiny bullets ( VID about 35-50 ) beacuse when i discriminate that range - it loose many of deep.

Thanks for advices

PS.SOrry about my english winking smiley
Jeb
Re: F75 all metal mode static/motion
April 16, 2009 10:33AM
damiano Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

I personally would use your Motion All metal option.
The thing is with "All metal" though, thats exactly what your going to pick up >All metal.
The only possible way i think your going to try to distinguish the smaller Targets from the bigger targets are by listening to the size of the Signal you receive on hitting a target. I Small target will give you a small response and a big target will give you a bigger wider response in length when detecting .
When you asking your detector to "pick N choose" what it detects in the All metal Mode ,your asking a Tall order as again i say , your detecting in the "All metal " mode and thats exactly what you will detect, "all metal".

Your sweep speed can be at 1 second per sweep in clean ground, but if you encounter Trashy ground it may be advantageous for you to slow your sweep speed a little as not to confuse the detection by the heavy amounts of Iron below you, that will be detected in All metal.

It "might" be worth trying just to see how you get on, to try ...........

PF mode.
0 (zero) discrimination.
1(one) Tone.
Sensitivity at 75 to start with, and if it can be increased without getting a heavy interference by mineralization ,to increase it more a bit at a time, until the erratic noises start to make the signals unstable to distinguish the Positive signal, from the erratic signals and ghost signals you may receive by turning the sensitivity up too high.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2009 10:34AM by Jeb.
April 16, 2009 02:42PM
Wow. What a nightmare situation. If you must use All-Metal mode; yes, , , use the 'Motion' mode as this allows you to ascertain a better target 'profile' (signature-to-hull emitter coorelation). You will audibly 'size' the targets better.
As far as your sweep speed, it'll be quite self-intuitive..... you need not worry about this. Your conditions will dictate how fast/slow you swing the coil. In a short period of time, it will become natural. This holds true for Sensivity settings also.
April 16, 2009 07:43PM
Thanks guys for advices.
Shrapnell pelets are made from some kind of lead and they gives singals about 35-50 ( bouncing and with little conf meter ).
I try to check how big is response from big targets and leave small response finds for other people winking smiley

In static/motion mode when i go deeper loose i some shalow small target ??
I'm curious about that effect ( it occurs in detectors for military stuff typically like PI detectors ).
Someone have any experience with that effect ??

PS.Sorry about my english winking smiley
April 16, 2009 11:36PM
Neither mode......... especially the 'Motion' mode, you will NOT lose any depth/performance.