Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Slow Mode with F70

Posted by Rick, N. MI 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Slow Mode with F70
August 02, 2012 10:48PM
Can I use slow mode most of the time hunting for old coins? I'll have an F70 tomorrow. Seems I could use SL Mode most of the time unless way to much iron trash.

Thanks,
Rick
Re: Slow Mode with F70
August 03, 2012 01:29AM
Rick....... that is correct. And it is a noticeably deeper mode. Hope you have the 11" DD coil...... as it is substantially deeper than the stock 10" elliptical concentric.
I do have the 11dd coming with it. How about other setting?
August 03, 2012 03:42AM
And also the 10" concentric. I know the setting in heavy iron. disc 6, sensi 99, mono mode and listen to sound. What about a more open area? Use 2F or 4h or still use 1 or 1F? I will be trying all the modes and setting when I start.

This will be my first F series detector. I have used many other detectors.

My ground is mild. I hunt for old coins and any relics that show up. Everywhere I hunt seems to have plenty of iron so this should be a great detector.

In the future I may get an F75 ltd or see what's new coming out.

Now I am in northern Michigan so the old coins are hard to come by. Mostly hunt old schools, old churches, and old houses. Some logging camps and have an area with a fort from the 1700's. About 2 miles from the fort where a trader traded with Indians, French and English I found a 10th Regiment Foot Soldier button. I'm looking forward to going back there with the F70.

Rick
August 03, 2012 10:55AM
Highest sens possible, 0 disc, 4 tone, where low to medium iron in the ground. For me, those are the settings I use on the 75 for old coins.
August 03, 2012 11:52AM
Disc '6' and 'monotone' are for unmasking non-ferrous items in/amongst carpets of nails. If you are hunting in areas where targets are sparse....... you can switch to 4-tone (or any other tone option).
August 03, 2012 03:53PM
I've took it thru my test coins and am going to start with DE mode, Disc 6, Sensi 82, Threshold -2, and 1H mode. This setting is running pretty smooth. As I use it more I'll try higher setting and see if I can handle the noise. Hit's my test dime at 7 1/2" easy and 8" quarter with the 11" dd.

Thanks,
Rick
August 03, 2012 04:12PM
Thanks for the input guys.....had an early F70 and the EMI drove me up a wall.....am sure your input will be put to good use....