Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I need some Garrett rubber washer's for coil's

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I need some Garrett rubber washer's for coil's
August 18, 2012 11:52PM
I need 4 of the Garrett washer's that go in the lower rod...they have the 3 alignment hole's..

I have the bolt's but for the life of me I can find the washer's...If any dealer has any or anyone else...I will buy them from you and pay the shipping...All I can find is the bolt and washer combo's and I have enough of the bolt's..

Wish I knew where the washer's went?

Thanks

Keith
Re: I need some Garrett rubber washer's for coil's
August 19, 2012 12:20AM
Contact Garrett's....

Garrett Electronics, Inc.

Hobby Division
Division de Pasatiempo

1881 W. State St.
Garland, TX 75042

Google Map

Telephone:

1-972-494-6151 (International)

Toll Free:

1-800-527-4011 (USA/Canada only)

Fax:

1-972-494-1881

Hobby Division Email: sales@garrett.com

Hours of Operation: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM M-F CST
August 19, 2012 12:53AM
Yup, call Garrett and you might be surprised at how cheap they are! I needed connector covers for my coils and they wouldn't take my money!
August 19, 2012 02:17PM
Indeed give Garrett a call as they are easy to work with and with small items such as this imagine they will send them to you N/C....
August 19, 2012 11:51PM
both minelab and fisher sent me some for free!!! try garrett.
August 20, 2012 01:44AM
Thanks Guys ...But I got some today from a dealer here locally...

He did not think He had any but found some...

So thanks for the replies...

Keith
August 23, 2012 09:46PM
Don't know what that Garrett needs but just a thought for anybody else out there for other machines. Head up to your local home improvement store in the facuet fixing section and you'll find all kinds of rubber/silicone washers of various sizes that work well and are a heck of a lot cheaper than buying them from a detector company. Sometimes you just have to drill out the hole in the center to fit your nylon bolt. I built a light weight shaft for my GT and the lower shaft is a White's tall man carbon fiber rod (they are cheaper and MUCH lighter than the Minelab fiberglass ones). Problem was that the mounting ears on a Minelab coil are wider, so I just glued two pairs of faucet washers together, 1 pair for each side of the shaft mount. Works like a charm. Didn't have to glue them together but makes for easier installs. The great thing is a pack of these washers is only a few bucks and now you've got tons of spares.

For the nylon bolt/nut on detectors, oddly I find that the tiny mom-n-pop hardware stores tend to carry them more than the big home improvement stores. Or, head up to your local RC plane hobby shop. They often carry the right size bolts/nuts because they are used for bolting wings on planes sometimes. Ask where the "wing bolts" are because that's what they usually call them.

Some guys who water hunt with big coils like the WOT will pick up a larger nylon bolt/nut meant for toilets at home improvement stores, and then drill out the shaft and the coil ears to accept it. Keeps the coil from flopping up and down in strong currents or waves.