Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus finds this morning...

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus finds this morning...
August 21, 2012 10:51PM
Carried the GT and the Deus to a place where I have literally ran a coil many dozens or more times on an old freshwater beach, dry sand and red clay with quartz and pebbles. It's a spot not much bigger than a double car garage. I have ran the ETrac, Excal, GT in disc and several times in all metal. I was shocked at what the Deus pulled out of this little area. Lots of nails in the ground from an old boat shed no longer there. Ran dry beach, reactivity at 4, sensitivity at 95 and pulled 3 silver dimes and some stuff that I would have bet you wasn't there. Lost one of the Rosies somehow, duh, I'll re-find it next time. It wasn't in my pouch when I got home. This is where I found the 11 gold rings and a good bit of silver this year before spring. I'm impressed is all I can say, 18 khz is darn deep too. The Deus finally taught me just how good at letting you know if it is iron or even a bottlecap. I'm finally catching on..........

Re: Deus finds this morning...
August 21, 2012 11:20PM
Well I have the Deus a Sovereign GT and RAT Phones. It seems a little bit goofy to always respond that the Deus is a great detector. I really enjoy these posts because I experienced the same awakening. I have taken the Deus to sites that were just frustrating to detect before. All I can say is the deus is a great detector.

But I'm getting the GT warmed up for some wet slope hunting. Look out Florida! It looks like mother nature might be packing a punch soon.
August 22, 2012 02:47AM
Congrats on the Deus finds!!!! Yes, there is no doubt about it. The Deus seems to bring 'dead' sites back to life.
August 22, 2012 02:58AM
Great stuff.

If you walk away learning more about your machine than the stuff you find is more like finding gold.

Confidence in your equipment and ability is important.

Well done on your fiinds.

Joe
August 22, 2012 11:02AM
Has a firmware update been issued yet for the Deus? This is a very powerful advantage. The eTrac had the port but no capability for upgrade. That's a shame.
August 22, 2012 04:34PM
The point of this post is I didn't see this with none of my other detectors. pull tabs and nickels and the other stuff could easily be a ring. Like I said I would have bet money this was not in the ground. I'm impressed.
August 22, 2012 07:58PM
Stick with the Reactivity of 3 (or 4).... and 18-Khz.............. and this success will continue...... especially at trashy sites.