Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

First CZ3D Finds

Posted by wolfau 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
First CZ3D Finds
August 28, 2012 04:52AM
I have been detecting on and off since the 90's and have owned a Minelab Sovereign, SD2200, Tesoro Campadre, Dingo and Vaquero and a whites PI 1000.

These are some of my first old coin finds with the CZ3D 1021.

I learnt a couple of things with this hunt.

The first was the way the cz detected a half coin presuming it may of been chopped in half by a mower.

The other was how deep the one penny was which was about 4" in clay just below the bark that lay above.

If you take a look at the photo on the right with the bluestone border that alone is a good 4" high.

The penny was found about a foot towards the left side of the blue stone border which is not in the photo.

So I am presuming coins in this area this old will be sitting at about 8"+ in depth.

To my amazement the other penny was found about 5KM away in "similiar clay soil" only buried at about 4".

Joe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2012 05:08AM by wolfau.
Re: First CZ3D Finds
August 28, 2012 05:17AM
Very nice find's..

Keith
August 28, 2012 05:41AM
Looks like a good start there Wolfau. What are the dates on those? The larger ones look similar to the old US large cent pennies made back in the 1800's. Your CZ3D's should pick these up maybe in the "old coins" position on your detectors. That way you can sometimes tell if it's a real old coin or not, assuming those large ones are old :-)

I'm still on the fence about adding an Excalibur or maybe Sovernign to my arsenal. Maybe I'll come across a really good deal on one and that will make my mind up.

Good luck!
August 28, 2012 10:49AM
If you are exclusively a 'coin' hunter........... the CZ-3D should be your best choice.
Depending upon mineralization....... the CZ-3D should acquire coins to greater depths (the older/deeper ones).
August 29, 2012 05:23AM
Thanks for the replies.

Connor one is 1922 and the other is 1938.

I know what your saying Tom. We have some of the most mineralised soils that can be found at the Central Victorian Gold Fields which is only an hour or so away from where I live.

Its these conditions why one particlaur PI detector was developed and sold back in the mid/late 90's.

Thinking about it the Central Victorian Goldfields is a great place to test out any new machines for high mineralised soils.

AT the moment I am going to focus on Parks and Beach Detecting. Beaches are great because the beaches always get replenished unlike the Gold Fields smiling smiley

I may purchase a G2 or Gold Bug for the tiny nuggets left on the ground undetected in the near future.
August 30, 2012 10:50AM
Nice start . keep digging
August 31, 2012 11:45PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you are exclusively a 'coin' hunter...........
> the CZ-3D should be your best choice.
> Depending upon mineralization....... the CZ-3D
> should acquire coins to greater depths (the
> older/deeper ones).

Tom
On your inland hunting video I saw you find iron, copper, silver and gold with the CZ_3D but in your reply statement to Wolfau it seems that the CZ-3D may not be good enough for all types of hunting due to possible different levels of minerals present. Would this be a true statement?
September 01, 2012 11:51AM
Correct. By today's standards..... the CZ platform is well above average in its mineralization handling abilities; yet, in severe mineralization ..... in most cases... the Minelab platform performs slightly better. In mild to medium mineralization......... even up to fairly high mineralization.... the CZ is the winner for old/deep coins. Severe mineralization..... and the equation changes. ((( I know these are 'vague' terms ))).