Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How to get the best depth with the blisstool

Posted by GunnarMN 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How to get the best depth with the blisstool
September 04, 2012 12:17AM
Congratulations on buying one of the deepest metal detectors in the world the blisstool LTC64-V3 to get the best depth from your metal detector it is paramount that it has a good charge on the battery, I was unable to get a 13" deep nickle i got the day before and the machine was chattering more than normal so I gave it a good three hour charge and took it back out to the test garden and at only 1.3 gain and 6 threshold got the 13" deep nickle NO.2make sure you properly ground balance an improperly ground balanced machine will lose depth turn down the DD & DL to 0 and turn back the two ground balance knobs and put the threshold on 6 if it can handle it or 5 if not pump the coil up and down until it starts to get less noisy then use the finely to get it to wear it just goes silent and i mean just silent then you can set the DD and DL and 3rd point is I have found I get better depth with a threshold of 6 but don't turn it to far past that as it can become unstable and keep the coil as low to the ground as you can as most fringe depth coins can only be got this way and hope you find some deep coins & relics Gunnar

Read more: [blisstoolamerica.proboards.com]
Anonymous User
Re: How to get the best depth with the blisstool
September 04, 2012 12:38AM
Gunnar - you are too funny and I LOVE your videos and posts.

Just to clarify your post above:

- Always try to GB in one of the AUTO modes (I, II or III) first. If you cannot get it to GB quietly then go to MAN GB.
- After turning the DL and DD depth to zero start with a GAIN of around 3. Try turning the GRD RUDELY knob clockwise while pumping to get the Blisstool as quiet as possible. If you cannot get it quiet, then lower your GAIN in 1/2 point increments and keep trying.
- Once you get it almost silent in GRD RUDELY you can use GRD FINELY to fine tune it as quiet as possible.
- Now you can adjust your DL to around 5 and your DD to around 7.5.
- Use the THRESH as above - get as high as possible without being too unstable.
September 04, 2012 01:44PM
Thanks for sharing guys as am sure it will lessen the learning period of a new unit. In the old days we had to learn by trial and error but guys like you certainly makes this a super forum. Don't own any of the new units but certainly a good guideline as always goes back to the nut behind the wheel and imagine many units are sold because the nut behind the wheel don't know what way to turn for max efficiency.
September 04, 2012 06:02PM
" get as high as possible without being too unstable."

WOW !!......These are GREAT directions ...... No wonder thay call this a BLISS tool !!.......LOL !!.....

( Sorry , I couldn't resist )

:-) Jim
September 04, 2012 07:46PM
Unless that machine is unique among all modern detectors and doesn't use a voltage regulator to stabilize and put out a static voltage to the circuit board, batteries with a higher charge aren't going to improve performance. A typical detector let's say has an input voltage range to it's regulator of around 9 to 13V, depending on the state of charge of the battery. As the battery drains that voltage continues to drop, yet the output voltage to the regulator remains a constant 8V (for instance). No matter how high the voltage input to the regulator is, it's still only going to put out 8V to the control board.

Now, there is a slight blurry line where the load of the amp draw (which is miniscule on any detector I've ever measured it, for instance my Sovereign is about 50 to 60ma even at sound off to a target) can make the voltage sag for split seconds at a time, where say the battery is near the low voltage cutoff alarm point, and so under loud (like sound off of the speaker to a target) causes the voltage to sag a hair in and out of that fine line where performance might be effected. But the low amp draw of all detectors, assuming the Blisstool is like other machines, is so low that that voltage sag probably isn't ever going to be an issue. By the time you'd start noticing that momentary instability of sag at sound off to targets (higher amp draw) you'd soon have the low battery alarm follow suit. And, in fact, rechargeables such as nimhs or nicads can hold up to much higher amp draws than store bought non-rechargeables, making the probability even less that such a thing is happening.

In order for all detectors (that I'm aware of these days) to run stable, they must have a constant static voltage source that doesn't drift (drain) as the battery drains. Otherwise they'd constantly be drifting out of tune as the voltage drops. That's why I'd be surprised if that machine doesn't have a voltage regulator, but then again stranger things have happened. Used to be back in the day that many detectors I think didn't have regulators, but that's one of the reasons you constantly had to adjust them to keep them stable.

Also, many people seem to keep pushing the myth that rechargeables putting out only 1.2V per cell will give a detector less performance. As you can see about voltage regulators, so long as the total series voltage is above the lowest input range of the regulator, there is not going to be a dime's worth of difference in performance. Still going to be that same static 8V output. And, even if you still refuse to believe a lower voltage won't give you lower performance, the reality is that a good high capacity nimh or nicad will hold it's voltage much more static during discharge, while a non-rechargeable drops faster as it drains, so soon enough the non-rechargeable will be running at a lower voltage during the drain cycle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2012 07:49PM by critterhunter.
September 04, 2012 07:56PM
What am I missing here? A VLF detector that consistently gets 12+ inches of depth and can disc out ferrous and there isn't more talk about it. Setting it up may be particular but apparently people are figuring it out.

I've seen Dan's videos and some others, enough to know that the Bliss has something right going on. Why isn't there more talk about the Blisstool - understand it is fairly new, understand it isn't to be used in trashy environments. But in cleaned out spots with low amounts of non ferrous trash, this detector seems to be like a PI unit to a point.

What ever happened to that thread on the Geotech forum regarding the Blisstool and Carl's tests of it?

Albert
September 04, 2012 10:52PM
Earthmansurfer ,

I'm not sure how the supply is coming along as of late , but earlier the supply was slow at best ......The Bliss took off and the company could not keep up with the demand .....If you don't have a lot of detectors out in the field , you don't get a lot of reports ....I think that things have gotten better with the supply end of things .....

From what I can see of this detector is what it does well , it does REALLY WELL , but it does have it's limitations ..... It's still a single channel VLF so Saltwater is not it's strong suit yet it does still work in Saltwater ..... It's also not a machine that you want to go into a trashy area with ......

I could see owning this detector if I were into going into OLD farm fields , or old Battle sites where there is NOT a lot of trash , but DEEP targets just waiting to be found .....Jim
Anonymous User
September 05, 2012 03:05PM
Jim - you are so RIGHT ON THE MONEY (as usual). I think you need to meet up with me at my old 1640's era sites out on eastern LI this fall. Just the type of spots to check it out for yourself.

Albert - everyone hates to rave about something that isn't from the "top 3" manufacturers. Forget about geotech - too many people with axes to grind. We prefer to let the machine do the talking (so to speak). There are now a much greater number of users in the USA and UK - posting commentary and video, Gunnar especially. There is a lot of info coming in on the Blisstool UK forum. Another very large batch of machines will be delivered to customers here over the next 2-3 weeks or so. That means more USA users coming on board. Basically we've had them here for only about 4 months now.

And yes, soon we will get a machine to Dan to test...

Regards,
Barry