Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question on the f75's gain

Posted by John S 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question on the f75's gain
May 30, 2009 06:34PM
I have 2 F75's , 1 is about 1 1/2 years old and the other I just got. In the manual on the first f75 they say in the de mode below 5 & above 19 is a high gain & 5-19 is a low gain . On the new f75 the manual says the sen. has two stages 1-19 is low gain & 30-99 is a high gain. Are bough manuals right??? I know the JE mode is a high gain.
Re: Question on the f75's gain
May 31, 2009 09:51AM
Hmmmmm.......... I wonder what 20-29 is. And I presume '0' is still a high gain. I doubt if anything has changed..... other than wording that was presumed to make it more clear.
Re: Question on the f75's gain
May 31, 2009 10:41AM
Well the way I 'm reading it the new f75 the gain works off the sen. and the older f75 the gain works off the disc. ,, can that be so or just a mess up some where??? What do you think Tom. Another thing how do you now if you are in high or low gain any way???
I looks to me like your trying to compare two different things.
The "boost" you get below 6 and above 20, and the sensitivity settings themselves. Two very different things. I dont think there is really any difference in older and newer machines, other than the wording in the manual.
Plainly put, fisher says the they consider a sens setting below 19 "low" gain and anything over 30 "high" gain. I dont think they intend to infer that something magical happens at the break points like when you dial in a specific disc setting. They are just speaking in general terms.
I own two F75's. One very early one (my primary), and one thats only maybe 6 months old. Both are virtually identical in performance, with the only differences being the hardware improvements made to the later models. (thicker handgrip..more robust trigger...improved enviromental sealing...etc...)
Streak!
John,

Yes, this is most probably the case.....as with the F70 and Omega doing different things with gain, Sens & Thresh ....... Some using the Disc control.... and others using the Sens control.
With the F75..... a Disc of '4' and below does indeed give a boost in 'gain'.