Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 VS CZ3D

Posted by Bill_S 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 VS CZ3D
June 11, 2009 12:08PM
Got a couple questions....

I currently own a CZ3D with the stock coil. It gets impressive depth. It will air test at close to 12" on a dime. I found a silver dime at probably 8 inches the other day, maybe a little deeper, dont want to exaggerate.....;o)

In a moderately trash free enviroment, in mild ground, will the CZ3D with the 10.5 coil get as good or better depth than the F75? Talking about on civil war bullets, old coins.

How is the F75 on nickels. Will the TID remain stable even on deeper nickels like the 3D will. On most other detectors I have used the TID will not correctly ID a nickel after a several inches like the 3D will do.

Thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2009 12:11PM by Bill_S.
Re: F75 VS CZ3D
June 11, 2009 06:54PM
Your 3d I think will go deeper the the f75. The f75 is good on nickels and on my 2 - f75's I have no trouble with a nickel.
June 11, 2009 08:36PM
As long as masking is not too bad..... the CZ will 'lock-on' ID... on a nickel to greater depths due to concentric coil config. ...... although the F75 will go slightly deeper on a nickel than a 8" CZ.
Now..............on average............ a 10.5" coil equipped CZ in mild ground will go deeper than a F75 on bullets & coins. BUT....... on small buttons, buckshot/buck-n-ball, $1 dollar gold coins, percussion caps and other various common relics..... the F75 will go deeper due to higher operating freq of 13Khz. Overall depth is critical...... but so is enhanced adjacent target separation characteristics.
June 11, 2009 11:15PM
Thanks for the answers...