Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

No audio on the F75

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
No audio on the F75
June 15, 2009 07:32PM
Just so everyone knows.

If you're ever out in the field hunting without headphones (when it's extremely hot) and your audio quits working.
Cause and solution:
There's a small piece of dirt or debri stuck between the metal contacts that are located in the headphone jack. Solution is to plug and unplug the heaphone jack with the machine coil held over your head until clear. This will allow any dirt etc. to fall out of the machine.
I had been hunting for several day with the rain covers on the machine and dirt had collected in the cover and somehow moved into the headphone plug area.
Re: No audio on the F75
June 16, 2009 01:28AM
......it's a good thing the batt/headphone compartment is completely isolated from the electronics.
June 16, 2009 03:41PM
I've had the same thing happen numerous times and 'regained' (ha ha) my audio by plugging and unplugging the headphones a few times, with the machine right-side up. I'm not convinced of the dirt on the contact theory yet, seems like something else was amiss. Just another bug in an otherwise great machine. Would someone please combine the F75 electronics with a sturdy Minelab Explorer design? Please.....please....please.
Look carefully at the picture
June 17, 2009 01:02PM
Look what happens to the two top contacts when the plug is removed. Fairly simple for dirt or debri to insulate the contacts

[www.crunchgear.com]
June 17, 2009 03:30PM
Thanks for the lesson markg - makes sense. - Jim