Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I just got an Facebook message from Deeptech:

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I just got an Facebook message from Deeptech:
December 04, 2012 01:11PM
Found this reply to my Facebook message this morning:
DeepTech Metal Detectors

Hello Mr Blankenship,

The information we have is that the web-site of the company in Oregon is under construction.
If you are interested in PI detectors, they must have all of them available. But if you're interested in our Vista detectors we can't be sure what they have in stock. Further more, we have made some improvements during the last few months. What we can say for sure is that they don't have our new elliptical coils.
Unfortunately, we do not have other dealers in USA in the current moment.
If you have other questions, don't bother writing us at:
office@deeptech-bg.com

(Notice that they said: Don't bother writing us at office@deeptech-bg.com........a translation faux pas I'm sure)
Re: I just got an Facebook message from Deeptech:
December 04, 2012 04:02PM
I think that I will wait for them to get a good reliable distributor in the USA. There must be a reason why there is no USA distributor. Waitig for items to make it through customs, especially during the Christmas holidays, would be like a nightmare for a guy like me with limited patience. I pretty much like to see a tracking number on the same evening of the morning that I place my order.
I think that some 'word of mouth' feedback is good for the consumer. And I am glad that John posted about his experiences with the Deeptech company so that we can have a full aspect of who we are dealing with. The man waited over a year for an issue to be resolved. That is very noteworthy in book.
Anyway, THIS post isn't the main point of this thread. I just figured that anyone (like me) who is interested in having one of these units (and I'd like to have a 750 or 1000) would like to hear from the horses mouth about availability in the USA. Me? I may run across one used someday. But I'm not going to have one shipped from the factory. Too many "ifs and whens". JMO. Happy Searching.
Meanwhile: I woould hope that Fisher/Teknetics can figure out why soil like mine and many others shuts detectors down when in DISC mode. I can BARELY detect an 8 inch dime(clad) with the F5. A bit better with the Deus in 12 khz. The European companies that are producing these "deep in Disc mode" detectors have learned something. I sure hope that it gets learned over here. Keith is picking up a 10 inch dime in Disc mode with the Vista 1000. I cannot ignore that. Depth like that, and in DISC mode is worthy of admiration. But it only further frustrates me that they don't have any plans for a USA distributor. I imagine that being a distributor is a big headache. Especially when a unit goes starts messing up and the customer is disgruntled and the distributor cannot get cooperation from the overseas factory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2012 04:09PM by Kevin B.
December 04, 2012 07:20PM
Kevin

I also emailed accurate locators on Friday last. No response.
Responding to email I do not believe has anything to do with their web page.
Hopefully a reliable distributor will pick up the line.

Cheers
December 04, 2012 11:08PM
why not order from a reputable dealer in the UK. ? Probably have it in 2 weeks.
December 04, 2012 11:28PM
Christmas season. The Customs in New York will be loaded. But I am considering it.
December 05, 2012 12:03AM
Evergreen detectors of england they cary Deep Tech and prices would be cheaper to go through them even after duty taxes
December 05, 2012 12:23AM
AMCJAVELIN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Evergreen detectors of england they cary Deep Tech
> and prices would be cheaper to go through them
> even after duty taxes

I just emailed them. Have you purchased from them??? What kind of payment do they take?? Visa Debit? Paypal? (Well, I guess I could go back to their website and get a few of these questions answered). How long did it take for you to receive yours if you are in the USA? Thanks AMCJavelin
December 05, 2012 12:25AM
Usually when ordering form oversea's especially the U.K..You are not required to pay the v.a.t. tax.

you will pay import taxes into the U.S.

I have bought form the U.K. and never had thing's held up as long as the paperwork is right...

now shipping into other countrys from the U.S. seem's to hold up on there end ...But the U.S. customs are pretty quick..

I have gotten stuff sometimes quicker from the U.K than from the West coast....

Now remember these DEEP TECH machines are true ancient habitation site hunter's..they are not built to work through Modern parks...Oh they will do it but there home is in old iron...The disc just gets to foil...

So if people are inclined to use them for Deep coin hunting which wont be a problem...Please rememebr that it's a dig it all but nail's machine..

Keith
December 05, 2012 12:34AM
Keith, How does your vista perform around power lines and other EMI sources?
December 05, 2012 01:49AM
Hey Silver it seems to be very EMI free...

It does fine around broadband. and powerlines..

I am going to run it under some high lines this week and see what it does..you know the big steel tower type...

it get's some internal noise about 95 sens but thats it so far, even in the house in front of the plasma...

Keith
December 05, 2012 02:01AM
I will tell you the only problems i've had is around electric fences you do get the tick tick tick and depending on how close you are the more sens you have to turn down and that has been it but far as power lines and that sense no problems at all the last hunt i did yes the ticking drove me nuts at first but i adapted to it some things just can't be helped and either try to tune it out or find a way to make a happy medium of the situation and yes there are times this too is not possible, I can run 1/2 to 3/4 sens in a pasture about 60' away from it and goes to light tic
December 05, 2012 01:06PM
I just got an email from the UK distibutor:
Kevin,

Many thanks for your enquiry.

We can supply the Vista RG1000 PRO Pack (includes the elliptical coil) for £449.99 + carriage.

If you want a quote for shipping please supply your full address and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Regards,

Steve Kennett.

I just called and talked to him on the tele. They use T.N.T. international shipping. I told him to HOLD me one of those RG-1000 Pro Packs (comes with round 11 inch DD coil, and the Elliptical coil).
December 05, 2012 07:40PM
thats a awesome deal if that was from accurate locators you would be paying $999.00 buy it self
December 06, 2012 01:10AM
DeepTech should put the machines on Ebay, kind of like Detech did with their ultimate coils, before they had a USA seller.
December 12, 2012 06:36AM
Just received an email from Accurate Locators with a price on the rg1000 v2. 850.00 use, + 65.00 shipping via UPS. I know I can do better on the shipping, so should be able to get it for 875.00.
They did nor mention Pro Pack, and I'm not sure what that includes.

Tom
December 12, 2012 01:31PM
Tom................ my gut-feel says.................. I think I'd rather see you vest in a GMP or Deus.
December 12, 2012 11:58PM
they don't offer any EXTRA's and they make you pay for there paypal fee's on top of this?
December 13, 2012 01:56AM
Tom knows best I say wait till Fisher comes out with their new machine and if it is nothing really different then I would think a lot of folks will start looking into other machines

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 13, 2012 02:19AM
As i've said before To each there own.
December 13, 2012 02:26AM
turtleman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> They did nor mention Pro Pack, and I'm not sure
> what that includes.
>
> Tom

The propack simply includes the extra , and newer Elliptical coil. But I talked to Deeptech and they said that Accurate locators didn't have the Propack combo to offer. The offer I got from Evergreen in the UK turned out to be $950 shipped for the RG1000 propack (the round DD coil and the new elliptical dd coil)
December 13, 2012 04:25AM
Hi Tom

Nice to see you back, and I really appreciate your input. I agree with you that the Deus or GMP would be the better choice.

Were you away doing testing on the new FT unit?

Have a great day.

Tom
December 13, 2012 12:17PM