Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ-21 has a moderately mineralized dry land unit for coins

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ-21 has a moderately mineralized dry land unit for coins
December 09, 2012 07:24PM
Does anyone have much experience with one of these??? I see that the advertisements accentuate it's water shedding attributes. But what about a good deep coin producer with muliple tones??? I mean....straight from the retailers. NasaTom's says that he has no CZ's in stock. In fact, I emailed and asked about whether he had a F75SE in stock and hadn't heard back. My brain wants to think that he might be testing something new and exciting. But I digress....Reckon the CZ21 would be deeper on coins. What about a brand new CZ-3D??? Too much of a gamble???? Is buying one from a retailer that air tests at the standard 12.5 inches a gamble?? Deep coins. DEEEEEEEP coins. Thanks.
Re: CZ-21 has a moderately mineralized dry land unit for coins
December 09, 2012 08:07PM
I have wondered about the CZ-21 as a deep coin machine as well. Doesn't look like a light unit though. I also think they are digital, just like new 3D's???

As I mentioned in the Vista thread, wouldn't a deep multi-tone unit be a fun alternative as a coin machine...

Albert
December 09, 2012 08:10PM
Hoooooold your horses Kemosabe. Or not. You kinda crack me up.

I can picture you swinging two detectors at once. You need an 'on site' detector dealer. LOL!
December 09, 2012 11:45PM
Duct tape?

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
December 10, 2012 12:54AM
earthmansurfer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I also think they are digital, just like
> new 3D's???
>

The CZ21 and CZ3D are still analog. As far as it being a deep coin hunter, it is. But there are better land units since you can get a lot more options like coil selection, type of headphones, etc. since the CZ21 is hardwired in for both coil and headphones.
December 10, 2012 04:47AM
Thanks guys!!! It DOES appear to be a heavy unit. The frustrating thing is this: About everything I've had hits a dime at the same ol depth (in test garden......real world results may vary). I am looking for a super-duper, awesome depth in mineralized ground, lite-weight, analog. multi tone, coins/relics, wonder wand. I wish I could go back in time to the start and try all the top end units again. I got severely addicted to the "Oh I got a GOOD ONE coming on the UPS truck....be here in two days!" mentality. I am resisting logic and reality. But alas, it is about to win the struggle that resides within. And it's a real bummer. FISHER TO THE RESCUE!!! (and hurry, as I am in withdrawals)!
December 10, 2012 07:35AM
The CZ 21 is a CZ 5, 6 6A or CZ-3d in salt mode.
December 10, 2012 02:18PM
Yes I had a CZ-21 that I got for water hunting. VERY heavy unit....it had to be, in order to not float away in the water and to be easier to swing in the water. And as Turtleman said....it is the same basic thing as the other CZ machines...except it is permanatly locked into Salt mode and only has tone ID.

I will be honest with you...the deepest COIN machine I ever ran was the eTrac. It was amazing on coins. In our soil it wasn't superly deep on them...BUT where it outshined other machines was that it could ID the coins down to the depth it could detect them, which seemed to be about 7-8 inches on a silver dime. Where as the other machines could detect them deeper but would read them as iron...so you wouldn't have dug them anyway if in a trashy site and were cherry picking. By far the most coin digging machine I ever ran....and I never played much in the coil arena with it...not for depth. I was aiming more for trashy sites with it. It had the most uncanny ability to pick out silver coins of any machine I've used to date. I dug more silver coins with it than I have dug with all my other machines combined. They say the CTX is even better...but I've personally only used it for a few minutes while relic hunting.
December 10, 2012 02:33PM
Daniel - My results are very similar to yours, being, the E-Trac is effectively the deepest machine I have run (haven't run a CZ unfortunately). My ground is moderate in mineralization and I found a silver dime (yes, in Germany) at a solid 8" and a quarter sized silver coin at 9" (both with the CTX). The E-Trac gets about the same depth as the CTX but the CTX separates better at depth.

Kevin - I really think the Deep Tech Vista 1000 or Smart is the way to go, especially considering your ground and Keiths. It is 2 tone though and that, to me, is to go through spots after I use my E-Trac. I just don't see the Deep Tech's being as fun to hunt with being that they just have one tone for non ferrous.

I'll echo some of the other posters comments - I don't think the machine we are looking for exists yet and you should try duct taping a detector to each arm winking smiley

Thanks therover61 - I really thought they digitized the new CZ3D. I guess they just don't have the pot adjustments available anymore?
December 10, 2012 03:01PM
Daniel that's good to hear. I was VERY young (I'm STILL young in the sport) at detecting when I bought my first Etrac. It was my third unit. On the first day I dug a very deep wheat penny down on Cravens Rd at a homesite. It was a trashy site. A place where the Deus would excel but I didnt know all of that then. I didn't think that other pieces of metal could distort the mighty, see through, potential of a unit that costed my well in excess of a thousand bucks. But I know a bit more now, and I know some sites where the Etrac might rule and reign.
Yesterday, while playing in my test garden, at 8 inches my F5 was getting a dime.....barely. A few hi tones and some iron tones. And only occasionaly would the numbers read in the 80's. Most of the time the numbers where just flashing what the audio was saying. I may NOW have found a good excuse to try another Etrac.
December 16, 2012 02:45PM
yes....locked in salt mode, cz20/21 is a waterproof cz5, very heavy, has tone id and all metal, better land machines available!
chuck.
December 16, 2012 07:47PM
Hey Daniel, good to hear from you. At one time didnt you say you used a Troy X-5. Curious to know how the Troy W/ standard 9 inch coil handled your rough soil.Was it quite not as good as the E-trac? I just got a Troy x-5 and have noticed a drop off in depth when I hunt in high mineralized soil. Steve