Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

FISHER, OR ANY METAL DETECTOR MANUFACTURER THATS WILLING TO CHANGE

Posted by seeker41 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: FISHER, OR ANY METAL DETECTOR MANUFACTURER THATS WILLING TO CHANGE
December 24, 2012 03:39PM
No..... not yet.
December 26, 2012 05:59PM
well, i know theres nothing available yet . what type of technology could accomplish this? gpr, ultrasonic? just dreaming a little!!!!
chuck.
December 26, 2012 10:42PM
RF/EMF is not enough data for 'density check'. A 'pulsed' GPR in concert with ultra-sound (resultant processed through a comparator) might 'start' to provide this data.
December 26, 2012 11:05PM
"RF/EMF is not enough data for 'density check'"..............right!, im trying to think of a way to get away from the same old same old

"A 'pulsed' GPR in concert with ultra-sound (resultant processed through a comparator) might 'start' to provide this data."........why hasnt it been done or attempted too bulky,too expensive?, maybe it has and i just dont know it! if we were abile to detect by an objects density wouldnt we be able to tell a gold item from a foil item?
chuck.
December 27, 2012 02:46AM
Somewhat cost prohibitive..... and requires quite a bit of out-of-the-box engineering.
December 27, 2012 03:10AM
Guys, i was reading the above posts, especially about the 'ultrasound' technology. When my buddy first lent me his Garrett ACE250, I would stick my ear right next to the coil to see if I could hear a hi pitched sound!!! I had no idea that an electro-magnetic radio wave was being used. This was my very first introduction to metal detectors. I TRULY thought that they were using technology like the fish/depth finder that I had on my bass boat. Just drifting back into the mist of time of here. I'll crawl back in my hole now.
December 27, 2012 03:49AM
kevin b...............come out of your hole as often as you like!

tom.....................cost prohibitive doesnt scare me. out of the box engineering is needed. i hope the detector engineers are ready to think differently/outside of the box!!!!

chuck.
December 27, 2012 06:24AM
GPR is a power hog and detect rocks about as well as coins. Interpretation of results takes skill, so for $25,000 be prepared to dig up a lot of rocks. Ultrasound works on density but dielectric mismatches prevents its use in field detecting. Think about how medical ultrasound works and you'll understand why. Another method to distinguish density is to measure gravity with a gravitometer. Incredible sensitivity capable of detecting anything larger than a 10-story building.
December 28, 2012 12:19AM
carl, your such a killjoy!!! lol.

tom, carl or anyone ........ what technology or combinations of technology is available right now but not being pursued?
chuck.