Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

last hunt of 2012...........

Posted by seeker41 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
last hunt of 2012...........
January 01, 2013 04:14AM
got out for about three hours today. hunted any low spots that i could find using my cz6a in autotune with the 10.5 inch coil and ended up with a couple good items. in the pics you can see a tiny thin band gold ring with stones, when i picked it up from the dumped sand from my scoop the band broke. after checking the ring at home it is missing part of the band(not the part that i broke) the other nice find is the leatherman micra mini tool.
the rest is misc junk targets. i am going to try and post much more often in 2013 and include all trash items found in my posts, sometimes our posts make it seem easy!!!! happy new year everyone!!!!!!
chuck

Re: last hunt of 2012...........
January 01, 2013 02:16PM
Congrat's!
Take a brass toothbrush to theleatherman.

You are going to start to like the 'auto-tune' (all-metal) mode. Yes....... there's the proverbial learning-curve; yet, with each successive hunt...... the 'efficiency factor' improves....... which........in turn......... will cause you to like the auto-tune mode even more. Your number of good finds will increase (((this is the part that really matters/counts)))............ but............. the ratio of 'good vs trash' finds will get worse. ((((Sounds contradictory.... but it's not)))).
Accept the learning-curve.
and
Pay the price.
January 02, 2013 12:20AM
Nice post Chuck. You make a good point about including the trash as well the good stuff. I've found a few broken rings over the years and have got the local jeweler to do whatever is necessary to fix them. It's a small concession to my wife and daughters. Besides broken rings don't look nearly as appealing in one's gold collection.

Jim.
January 02, 2013 12:57AM
Great finds Chuck!!!!!!! I have yet to find a gold piece of jewelry. That's a dandy you've got there!!!