Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Any thoughts on the F5...

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Any thoughts on the F5...
January 01, 2013 03:27PM
Certainly my CZ6A is my go to unit for deep silver but for local parks F5 impressed me...Large meter a blind man can see, light to swing for hours, batteries last forever, many user friendly changeable facets that work well and medium depth all at a nice price with a 5 year warranty. With a little experimenting gold rings hold a tone longer than the junk that mimics them and of course for those out of the way places has a larger coil for more useable depth and coverage...Any input appreciated....
wjs
Re: Any thoughts on the F5...
January 01, 2013 04:03PM
You pretty much summed it up. One other thing I like about it is it has an adjustable threshold to help tame that EMI....;o) Some of the other detectors like the Omega does not have this feature and in some real bad emi places you really had to drop the sensitivity to get it quiet. And if you know the right dealers you can get them super cheap.
January 01, 2013 04:40PM
Dan I really like the F5, traded in a Tesoro Golden Umax for it and as much as I liked the Golden, this suits me better. Highly tunable for any hunt, great interface, it is my go to coinshooter, its not a depth monster like a CZ but will get to 8 inches with no problem. EMI is the biggest problem I have with it, but as WJS stated, most time you can adjust for that. I like the tones(freq.) and VID is pretty accurate. It's not a good beach machine unless your in the very dry stuff, but the CZ fills in at the beach anyways so that is not an issue.Light weight and great battery life add to the pluses.
January 01, 2013 07:38PM
I have the Omega. The F5 is going to work great in iron trashy sites. I'm using the 10"dd coil. I would check out that coil. Works great in trash and goes deeper than the 10" concentric coil. And the 10"dd is very very light.

Rick, N. MI
January 02, 2013 02:52PM
Rick any problem with the large DD coil calling iron bottle caps and round iron junk high coins? It appears the older ones didn't have the shielding but I have a recent one and using other F series units only one not an EMI monster. Again a F5 with CZ depth would certainly give the new expensive units a run for their money...and having used a lot of ID units certainly my go to unit for local hunting. Certainly not a very popular unit and one wonders if I perchance have an exceptional one. In any case lots of good midline units out there so take your pick as we all have personal preferences...