Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Getting back to detecting. F-75 ltd

Posted by Kas 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Kas
Getting back to detecting. F-75 ltd
January 03, 2013 02:17PM
Hello all. I've spent many days here on Tom's board and received a lot of good info, and actually purchased a CZ3D from Tom that he set up for me. Alas, I had to sell my machines after a divorce a couple of years ago and am starting to look for a machine again I have to save up some cash, or buy a used machine, but I'll make it sooner or later. I had to laugh at myself, because when I was active on the forums before there was a college kid with great enthusiasm for detecting, but no money or detector. He posted and enjoyed our finds. I ended up buying him detector, albiet an entry level, but detector none the less. Now, here I am in his shoes. The Irony of it all.
Anyway.

I'm wondering if the consencious is still the the Fisher F-75+LTD is the best all round machine.
Blessings, Ken
Re: Getting back to detecting. F-75 ltd
January 03, 2013 02:57PM
Are you a relic hunter............ or......... old coins hunter?
What State do you live in? (((This tells about your dirt/mineralization level you will contend with))).
Kas
January 03, 2013 07:06PM
Hi, Tom.

Moving to the Louisville Ky, area, 25 miles south of the Ohio river, in four months. Coinshooting mostly, but this area may bode well for relics, too. I've already read your extensive field test information on the LTD, Tom, thanks for the entensive information.
Thanks, Ken
January 03, 2013 11:09PM
Ken...... Hmmmm.......... due to relic rich dirt Ky........... I would lean more towards a F75 SE (which is the LTD replacement). You are bordering very hot/mineralized dirt......... almost leaning you towards a Minelab Explorer/E-Trac........ or XP GMP or Deus.
January 04, 2013 01:45AM
Hello Ken, nice to have you back! Because of your act of kindness and you sold me your cz 3d at a fair price, I am willing 2 send you a pioneer 505 at no charge? My Father bought at a auction for $20 dollars wich i gladly gave him $20 for it.Until you can buy that f-75 then you can give it to another friend?Pm your address if you are interested i might still have it (your address) not sure HH
Kas
January 04, 2013 03:30AM
That would be super cool, thanks ROY.............

Tom, I'd like to be ble to use the F-75 se. I'm a coinshooter at heart, and I'm an Ohio guy and travel there to that lomey soil often.......... Thanks for the info.

Ken
January 05, 2013 02:34AM
Kas......... understand. I should check my inventory...... to see if I have a new-in-box "validated" unit.
By all means if you buy one, get Tom's Validated unit
January 05, 2013 02:38AM
it will give you alot smoother learning experince if you have one that runs right in the long run...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2013 03:38AM by Keith Southern.
January 05, 2013 03:02AM
Hi Ken, I live in the Eastern part of KY, and I think you need to check, but about 95% of Louisville KY is NO DETECTING, even in parks. I think they passed that law about 1or 11/2 years ago. Make sure you check befor you go. Good Luck Flintstone
Kas
January 05, 2013 03:30AM
I'm going to be out in spencer county, fisherville area. I don't do much park hunting or city hunting. I like to research sights like train depots long torn down, log cabins, and old farmsteads, picnic grounds,etc.
January 05, 2013 01:08PM
PM "Deno" on Findmall. He lives in Louisville and can give you the straight scoop. I met him last year... great guy!
Kas
January 07, 2013 10:55PM
Thanks, Will do!