Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Improved Russian copies of T2

Posted by Denari 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Improved Russian copies of T2
January 03, 2013 06:57PM
Re: Improved Russian copies of T2
January 03, 2013 07:13PM
Wow, F75/T2 for $499!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2013 07:14PM by YuriyV.
Kas
January 03, 2013 07:19PM
Is that Patent infringment? It has a different name but appears to be a reverse engineered F-75 to me.
January 03, 2013 07:26PM
>Is that Patent infringment?
I think so. Looks like reverse ingeneering.
January 03, 2013 07:54PM
Hmmm, I wonder if these are the chinese knock-offs that have been rebranded?
January 03, 2013 08:26PM
As I understand, producer of the detector (MARS company) is producer of well known "AKA Mars" coils:
[metallodetektor.com.ua]
I believe, FT arranged production in China as well where F75/T2 were copied as GoldFinder. Somehow MARS aquired chineese parts and optimized the software, circuit and adopted their coils to the MD. Obviously did it well that Mars Viking became better then GoldFinder and even (some times) F75/T2 (at least in Russia/Ukraine environment and targets).
January 04, 2013 12:43AM
Hate to say it, but when you go looking for cheap labor in the wrong places, that's what you're going to get. I mean anyone with an IQ higher than their age knows the Chinese steal anything they can in terms of technology and they are most likely the biggest bootleggers on the planet. So you send your secrets over there trying to pinch pennies on labor costs and they rip you off, too bad but don't ask me to hold the pity party for you - you should have THOUGHT before doing that.
January 04, 2013 01:33AM
Did FT really"arrange production in China?"
January 04, 2013 01:36AM
Wonder if their coils are any better?
January 04, 2013 03:48AM
morelicdetector Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wonder if their coils are any better?

This is the interview of the detector's designer Andrey (nick name M@RS). Taken from above links:

Indeed, the Viking built on base of F75, but the detector reworked by me up to 60%.... Improved almost anything. Software and settings were corrected, new coil provided, improved stability. We added our coil and some parts. For instance, installed good capacitors, according to the climate. As well as developed new tune up methodology. Only frame and display remain from original machine. For sure I will not to disclose everything. But no any comparison to GoldFinder. Why do we abandon original Fisher/Technetics coils? Our coil is the main notion of the machine. No any other choice, only Tiger 12x9. Due to that fact that any machine of this family is vulnerable to falsing, we improved this significantly. We do tune up every coil by oscilloscope individually to each detector. It is comparable to F75 by depth, but is much precise due to Tiger coil.
When first GoldFinder hit the market, it was a copy of T2. But chineese can to assemble of digital device only. They unable to do analog device. Not enough knowelage. How to make a coil, how to tune up, how things influence each other they don't know. Tnere are no good chineese detector. Even despite the fact that all detectors are manufactured there. Better copyright protection is the intellectual priperty. They just unable to reproduce it.
January 04, 2013 04:37AM
I find this slightly humorous, Chinese knockoff..making its way to get modded in Russia?
And that they actually improved the F75...

Whether or not that is true or not really doesn't concern me.....

Did FT really have them made in China?
Or did China import them and then do a reverse engineering?

Regardless, HEY AMERICAN COMPANIES...GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!

Say maybe buying ML is more American after all......
OK, that is jest but.....
January 04, 2013 05:08AM
Steve(MS) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Say maybe buying ML is more American after all......

According to Karl Marx, there is no crime for which the capitalist will not go for a profit of 200%.
Pushing industry into countries with low cost labour to have eaxtra profit is a crime. Period.
January 04, 2013 11:00AM
"We do tune up every coil by oscilloscope individually to each detector"
Whilst I understand why you would do this, it causes problems when you swap to a different coil, which you can do with this machine. Far better to make all coils to the same characteristics (within reasonable manufacturing tolerances) and make all detector circuitry likewise.

It's interesting that they have modified the microcontroller code. This is likely to only be possible because 'the Chinese' have read out the copy-protected original code. It's probably the most impressive part of this Viking machine. Tweeking and improving the electronics hardware is pretty simple, making 'better' coils is also possible. But fiddling around with raw assembly language code on a processor that I assume would normally be programmed in C, is clever.
January 04, 2013 01:35PM
January 05, 2013 02:13AM
I read a post by Dave J.
if you buy one of these knock offs and send it to First Texas for repair,,, They will keep it...
So,only buy from a trusted dealer....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Makes since to me...
S
January 05, 2013 01:43PM
... " bump" ...
January 17, 2013 08:45AM
tests for iron mask, as you can see you can do something better
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2013 08:47AM by Denari.
Tri
January 17, 2013 10:55AM
For those that may not know, the chinese have been stealing secrets for more than 10 yrs.

It has been said there are two types of American companies, those that know they have been hacked & those that do not ( both have underestimated the chinese)

[video.msnbc.msn.com]

For those that want more proof, open a command prompt, type cmd , when the command box opens, type netstat, lookup the ip's using ARIN and be amazed
at the chinese IP's that are there.

The chinese are outright stealing American proprietary secrets, they destroyed the company Nortel from the above video link.

Tri
July 02, 2013 02:55PM
Hello

Can sameone give the website or a email address where i can get in touch with this company i want to became a dealer (metal detector Viking MARS MD)

Thank you
July 02, 2013 04:27PM
Heck whether you know it or not made in America simply means assembled in America...where do you think the innards come from..

On a side note: my Ford fusion was made in Mexico and my neighbors Chevy alero was assembled in South Korea.

Heck these ripoffs may be better units((who knows))
July 02, 2013 04:50PM
yes it's a world wide build now a days..never know where something is assembled and where the parts are assembled...

Hey Dan do you have the new styled 2013 Fusion?

I really like the new one.....thinking of getting my wife one...Looks like an Aston Martin front end on it and a Jaguar tail..But it is built by ford and they have their hands in both of those overseas companies..or they did...Hear the fusion designer was brought over from Aston Martin.....Beautiful affordable car..

I am thinking of replacing my Silverado with a Subaru Forester for better mileage also...I spend a 1000 a month on that truck with payment poor gas mileage and insurance.Ridiculous!

Keith
July 02, 2013 05:16PM
Yep Keith have about 1500 miles on it and I love the comfort and styling...if you wife likes a bigger car at a reasonable price go for it...

First new car in 40 years and probably my last...after both of mine and my wifes car was spending more time in the shop than my driveway it was time.

Terrible when you need reliable transportation for Doc. appointments and blood tests.

Been a terrible start this year but looking forward to a good Fall as things certainly improving...
July 02, 2013 06:48PM
You will not be selling these in the USA for long if you are based here. FT will sue you and win in a US court. You know... it's a Federal regulations thing...
July 02, 2013 08:17PM
Really??? Buy one.... and you deserve what you get!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2013 08:21PM by schultzie.
July 02, 2013 09:40PM
Why would American support this company???