Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Have vid uploading the Vista RELIC on iron testing with the 5" coil stay tuned!

Posted by AMCJAVELIN 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Have vid uploading the Vista RELIC on iron testing with the 5" coil stay tuned!
January 06, 2013 11:07PM
just a soon as the vid gets uploaded i will throw it on here might be a couple of hours my processor is slow had used allen wrenches and some screws to simulate nails and used a 1821 1 spanish reale, 1899 IH penny and a 1858 silver Trime these are tiny i'm sure you guys know, until then stay tuned.
Re: Have vid uploading the Vista RELIC on iron testing with the 5" coil stay tuned!
January 07, 2013 01:01AM
okay here the vid i'm not good as Keith but here it is hopefully this will give you a idea [youtu.be]
Re: Have vid uploading the Vista RELIC on iron testing with the 5" coil stay tuned!
January 07, 2013 01:19AM
Nice job on the video. You wanted to profile the Vista Relic and I think you did a great job. It's also nice to associate a face to your posts. Between you and Keith I really think you have the Vista name going out there. They seem to be fine relic detectors.
January 07, 2013 02:19AM
Great job AMC Javelin!!! Great video!!! Maybe you'll do a vid of the Vista Smart when you get it. Anyway, we appreciate the vid!!!!
January 07, 2013 02:42AM
Great job of the video Javelin! You know that someone's going to ask you for a 'what-if' so I figure I'll break the ice. Could you replicate the test putting the coins under a 2x4 piece of wood with the allen wrenches and screw strewn about the top?

What did you use to record the video? Very clear and well focused, even on the close-ups.
January 07, 2013 02:44AM
Nice video Javelin!

Weird they left the 2 tone off the relic...

I can tell it is a slower machine than the RG 1000 and the Gold....sort of like the Gold in Slow yet not quite as reactive...But thas the low freq doing that...

It is difficult to do videos and then get them uploaded for sure...

Anytime anyone does them I Know what they have to go through to get them done....Field hunts get even tougher as you know! ...

When you go out of your way to do such it is very commendable...

thanks for that ,,,I liked hearing it ...Nice test...that breaky sound in disc when target's are intermingled is why I like the 2 tone's...I like to hear whats causing the break splat sound...An added deminsion...

Ought to be a good silver Killer unit...for sure....

That will be a good 1-2 punch you have there..the Smart and the Relic...

thank's

Keith
January 07, 2013 02:59AM
The effort is certainly appreciated. I know what it takes to post nice pics and it's a pain in the a$$; cropping, color correcting, skewing, uploading, downloading, etc. I imagine a video is an order of magnitude more difficult.
January 07, 2013 03:20AM
Nice video amc on the 5 inch coil capabilities.Steve
Good job and thanks for sharing! They seem to be good machines - looking at the Vista "Gold" as a possible addition to my collection in the near future.

HH
January 07, 2013 12:20PM
Hey thanks guys i appreciate that and soon as i get time again i will make that vid with the board i just wanted to have everyone hear what the single tone sounded like and so fourth and yes Keith it does have a slower recovery speed than the gold and rg 1000 but in shear depth for silver the relic will retrieve it 8.6KHZ, the vista mini and rg 750 run the same freq as well but coils are not interchangable in pure depth rg 750 or RELIC is the one to get but i say that now but i will have to see what the SMART has got under the hood just for everybodys info what ever model of deep tech vista you buy you will not go wrong just be selective in the style your hunting before you buy my arsenal now of detectors is the RELIC, the smart coming and a teknetics G-2 for as a prospecting unit plus higher freq to get maybe smaller stuff its taken a long time but i think i've got covered for my hunting style
January 20, 2013 07:35AM
Nice vid AMC , can you tell me if the boost can be used in the all metal static mode ?,I'm getting interested to the RELIC for woodland detecting where it's hard to swing the coil.
January 20, 2013 02:52PM
thank you,yes the boost will work in all metal too and also the RELIC is DeepTech deepest machine and very seldom do i hit the boost, if i want to find deep silver this is the one i grab 8.6khz now recovery speed is slower than the others so you got work slower with of course as soon as my smart comes in i ordered a eliptical for it too to see if the seperation will be better i know one thing it will be alot lighter to swing and i can't wait for the smaller version, i will tell you this is the one i will not part with and when i get the smart dual tone i will have the best of both worlds
January 20, 2013 03:01PM
Thanks AMC
January 20, 2013 03:29PM
Lets use some rusty square nails and see if you can disc that out and what tone does the machine make on nails a low tone? Also you add in the ground and everything changes. Test gradens are the best way to go. Great video but I have seen a lot of videos in my time and it sounds to me like the machine Keith is testing gets the thumbs up if I were to be looking for a new machine.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2013 04:20PM by Lawrenzo.
January 20, 2013 03:43PM
well as i've stated before and i owned that gold that keith has but the Vista relic is slower than response and i don't really see the difference between the allen wrench and square nails other than the wrench has 6 six edges and the square is 4 other than alloy contents i really don't think its going to make all that much difference, now far as the gold and as Keith has shown it can pick through the iron awesome that is no doubt and i think as far 2 tones i'm thinking the smart will do mostly what the gold can do 85 to 90% and as soon as i ever get my smart it will be going to Keith for testing against the gold but raw depth the RELIC is the champ
January 20, 2013 04:42PM
Well it'll be a Smart or Gold first for me depending on how it goes with Keith's testing ,but I could see myself picking up the Relic as non motion mode is a huge plus for my style of detecting ,I use my old x-terra 70 in prospecting mode all the time in the woods and for cleaning out the last few finds on a worked out site, I'd say the smart and Gold will do better on the small/low conductive finds plus get them way better in the iron but still I'd like to see how the RELIC does in boosted all metal non motion mode on pasture or in the woods......on mild ground at least like mine it might be crazy deep.
January 21, 2013 01:21AM
Yes indeed, my ground is not quite as hot as Keith's ground. I am anxious to see how my Gold will work in my soil.
January 21, 2013 04:10AM
Just a note about boost mode.
In the specs the relic in boost draws 72MA, the Gold and Smart draw 52MA.
So for raw depth Would that mean that the relic should be the deepest?
Battery life in boost, if you ran it that way all the time would be about 8hrs.

Thanks
Tom
January 21, 2013 12:03PM
i knew it was right around 10hrs anyways but i never run full tilt i usually don't have too, i just hit on some iffy signals to make them clearer battery life otherwise is awsome
January 21, 2013 04:21PM
Square will have a different rust effect on the detector. Flakes bleading and so forth...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 21, 2013 11:44PM
well i guess i'll have to start saving my square nails i admit sometimes when i find them there almost perfect shape and i have learned in my area when they did make iron nails sometimes they would run out of iron and then blend copper in with the mix of the alloy
January 22, 2013 01:55AM
Hey Javelin...Next time you are in an old site with Square nails dig up a bunch, Keep them for testing purposes...

I have hundreds of them...They can come in very handy and really be eye opener's...

Some of the best square nails from around the pre civil war era are made out of hand forged iron and they wont rust even after being in the ground for 150 year's...all the pollutants were removed out of them when made ..they are pure iron they will have a reddish tint to them...those are some hard nails to reject..

they will sound like coins some time's at certain angle's...alot of the civil war camps have them in them ...and they come out of the ground perfect..not a bit of rust...

but anyway collect what you can from the field ...kettle pieces ....nails... Hot Rock's, Cold rock's...Good Deep Red 'HAND' fired Brick's.....etc...

Even bring home some dirt..black sand's...Keep it all on hand...Get to using all these items and you will eventually get some personal standard's..then you will know which machine can do what and where..

Find the hardest thing's to penetrate and use them...videos on youtube and such with the brick test and such unless the brick is a hot specimen is not very truthfull...find the hardest thing's to punch then concentrate on those..

In certain reas of the country even fired pottery can casue alot of problem's...those big homestead type foundation rocks and chimney rocks are a real bear to punch though...yet they lay all in house sites..and distort the detector signal..jsut under the dirt out of sight alot of time's..

the more work you do at the house getting ready will help immensely out in the field..

I m on the search for about 5 gallons of local black sand right now ..

Keith
January 22, 2013 02:51AM
yeah Keith we have wicked hot rocks up here and at times will raise havoc but the vista's are forgiving nine times out of ten i could ground over the rock and would go away and machines eraticy would go away
January 22, 2013 01:50PM
Learn, learn, learn. The more you learn in your test-garden.....supplemented with real-world implements........... the quicker/faster/better your real-world resultant(s) will be. Life is short. It's a game of 'time vs efficiency'. Maximize your performance.
January 22, 2013 10:17PM
that i am Tom there are some super detectorists here on this forum!
January 23, 2013 03:31AM
Wonder if other forums are saturated with "Vista" chat?
January 23, 2013 11:55AM
not really from what i'm seeing minelab etrac, soveriegn, Deus, and blisstool, teknetics T-2ltd and F-75ltd