Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

PF 4 tones - versus - DE,-JE or BC

Posted by trond 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
PF 4 tones - versus - DE,-JE or BC
July 18, 2009 06:12AM
hi there ..
just wondered how you all come along with your personal SET UP of
our common friend the F75..?
---for me the follwing seems to work smooth and nice from grass and forest, to
park and plowed field....
on ground park detecting...PF,4tones,disc22-33,sens1-29-no notch
in or on ground field det....PF,4tones,disc0-5,sens30++++ dep.on emi.no notch
forest detecting....PF,4tones,disc0-3,sens30-99 dep.on emi.no.notch
---the small elliptic is "welded" on,-never use the big one ...

I am no fast sweeper, and that seems to work well with these set ups..
--have tried to use other tone adjustments,but feel that the 4tone setting suits
my hearing..
thanks for reading and looking forward to read
your comments..
trond

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 06:13AM by trond.
Re: PF 4 tones - versus - DE,-JE or BC
July 18, 2009 03:16PM
I HUNT AT PARKS IN FOUR TONE DISC OF 6 RELIC HUNTING MONO TONE DISC OF 6 I TRY AND GET MY SENS AS HIGH AS I CAN GET IT BUT IN CALIF IT IS ABOUT 65-85

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
I use DE mode, 2F tones, and everything else pretty much wide open.
July 18, 2009 04:29PM
Im fortunate enough that most all of my sites allow "0" disc, and 99 sensitivity settings. It "may" get a bit dicey from time to time, but I'm able to hunt like this in a full 95% of my sites. On occasion I DO have to reduce the sens to 95....or boost the disc to 5 or 6, but thats the exception here rather than the rule, and its usually due more to the type of ground rather than EMI. I've become so accustomed to hearing everything, If I were to crank up the disc to quiet things down, I'd probably think the machine was broken! Took me a while to really get acustomed to running wide open all the time, but I believe the rewards were worth the field time and training.
I also use De VS JE mode usually, as using DE with low disc and high Sens seems to provide the most powerful and STABLE setup for me. There are odd occasions where I'll use JE, but I've found that using JE in most of my colonial sites provides no real advantage for me, and WILL increase mental fatigue!
another thing I do is fast grab OFTEN, to keep the GB as close to spot on as I can. Pretty much every time I hit a little bare spot, where there are no apparent conductors, I'll do a quick Fast grab make sure the GB is as close as possible to dead on. Streak!
July 26, 2009 07:35AM
--thanks for sharing tips,trics and adjustments
Lawrenzo and Streak...
trond
DE or JE, 2Tone, zero disc, max Sensitivity
July 27, 2009 04:45PM
I am primarily a relic hunter and use zero disc with the 2-tone option and will run the sensitivity as high as can. In some places thats 99 but most its in 80's and some places I have to turn it down into the 50's. I will hunt in JE if there are not a lot small, tiny targets. This machine will amaze you with finding small targets!
Glad to see you jump in here Scully
July 27, 2009 06:23PM
Glad to see you jump in here Scully
I visit here a lot, just havent posted much. Love this place!
July 31, 2009 04:35PM
A lot of very smart people here.
August 01, 2009 07:53AM
--well spoken Scully......
trond