Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Vista Smart on its way

Posted by Coinseeker 78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Vista Smart on its way
January 10, 2013 10:00PM
I was informed today by Rosi that my new detector is on the way across the pond to me. I am not sure how long it will take to get to the USA. I am looking forward to hitting some of my old hunting grounds I am sure it will unmask many finds for me based on what reviews I have read and the information that Keith S has put out on this forum. I will keep you all up to date as I use the machine. I wonder how well the Vista Smart will work on beaches? Has anyone heard anything about beach hunting with this detector? Good hunting to you all.
Re: Vista Smart on its way
January 11, 2013 03:43AM
Hey Coinseeker, any reason you ordered the Smart over the Gold?
January 11, 2013 05:03AM
Coinseeker,

My guess is it will do just fine n dandy in dry sand, but may have a bit of trouble in the wet sand ( assuming salt water beaches).

I am thinking about picking up a Vista Gold for dry sand hunting. With all the trash and iron after Sandy ( I am in NJ), and targets being found up high in the dry, a unit like that may be just the ticket to sniff out gold jewelry among the iron. I know the Gold has a higher running frequency than the Smart, so I am almost positive the Gold will not work well in the wet salt sand. The Smart may work better being a lower frequency.
January 11, 2013 11:40AM
The reason I chose the Vista Smart over the Gold was it came out rated overall ahead of the Gold. I don't do a lot of gold hunting and have other detectors adequate for gold hunting. Probably the main reason I chose the Smart is also my budget. The Smart has shown itself to be a very hot detector in the iron where I do most of my hunting.
January 11, 2013 03:20PM
I just ordered a Smart too, have been using a G2. Almost ordered a Gold, but the UK forums preferred the Smart by just a small percentage. Really liked some of the features on the Gold but perhaps they engineered the Smart a little bit better!
January 11, 2013 08:32PM
I notice the smart has a bit of a different audio....not alot but different...seems a little more oscillated..

should be interesting to see how it run's...

I have The RG 1000v2 and the GOLD

and if I get a chance to try the Smart I can compare them all 3 on the spot ....with all the same coil's To boot...

Ought to be interesting for sure..and hopefully eye opening...

Keith
Anonymous User
January 11, 2013 08:50PM
Keith FYI
The coils DO NOT interchange amongst the models because they are tuned to the FREQ.
So you can't use your elliptical coil from the GOLD on the RG or the SMART.

Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I notice the smart has a bit of a different
> audio....not alot but different...seems a little
> more oscillated..
>
> should be interesting to see how it run's...
>
> I have The RG 1000v2 and the GOLD
>
> and if I get a chance to try the Smart I can
> compare them all 3 on the spot ....with all the
> same coil's To boot...
>
> Ought to be interesting for sure..and hopefully
> eye opening...
>
> Keith
January 11, 2013 09:15PM
Yeah Barry ...I heard they did not...

I dont want to hook them up to find out otherwise...Might be a tragic outcome...

Thanks for the info..

Keith
January 11, 2013 11:45PM
well i can tell you from experience with the RELIC when i got the 5" coil from accuratelocators they had sent me the wrong one and did try it, it still picked up but acted really funky and then Rosi had told me she was pretty sure they had sent me the wrong one
January 14, 2013 03:47PM
Let us know when you receive it. Sounds like they have some in stock and ready to ship. I'm curious about how long it actually takes to get from Bulgaria to your front door. I am ESPECIALLY anxious to hear your reports on its perfomance!!! I am thinking that you will be very happy, from the other posts and Youtube vids I have watched. Happy Searching!!
January 14, 2013 07:05PM
Hi Kevin,
I have not gotten my detector yet and it was shipped on the 10th of January. My tracking number reports indicate it may still be in Bulgaria. I had it sent via USPS instead of UPS. to save on shipping costs. I am getting two coils with it. I am sure I will like it based on the reviews I have read. I have an AT Pro and a T2se. also and like them and feel I will be covered pretty well with these three detectors for my kind of detecting. Thanks for the inquiry.
January 14, 2013 08:48PM
usually it takes about a week and a half from my experience
wjs
January 14, 2013 10:14PM
AMCJAVELIN Wrote:
> usually it takes about a week and a half from my
> experience

That would be outstanding.......I just sent a detector (through USPS) one state away and sent it priority mail and it took 7 days to get there........If they can get one from Bulgaria in a week and a half I would be shocked......
January 14, 2013 10:17PM
I think it shows Bulgaria till it hits U.S. custom's.

Should not be too long ...

Keith
January 14, 2013 10:38PM
yeah usuallly customs will hold it up for a couple of days yeah i'm pretty sure it was a week and half no more than 2 i do know that, man i am getting more anctious for mine thats for sure we had a warm spell up here today and there were some pasture fields that were bare, i just drueling for sure!
January 15, 2013 12:45AM
AMCJAVELIN Wrote:
> yeah usuallly customs will hold it up for a couple
> of days yeah i'm pretty sure it was a week and
> half no more than 2 i do know that, man i am
> getting more anctious for mine thats for sure we
> had a warm spell up here today and there were some
> pasture fields that were bare, i just drueling for
> sure!

AMC....is yours held up at New York customs?????
January 15, 2013 01:10AM
no mine for some reason was held up in chicago on another time i think new jersey
January 15, 2013 01:13AM
Hey AMC, what headphones are working best on the Vista's you have, Gary at the UK forum says the cheaper ones work better.
January 15, 2013 01:19AM
He's exactly right i use the cheapo calrads, you can hear the subtle differences better, also treasure wise work good to according to Keith Southern