Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question for Tom.......

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question for Tom.......
January 12, 2013 03:04AM
What's the difference(s) in the F-75 SE and the F-75 LE?---------Thanks, Del
Re: Question for Tom.......
January 12, 2013 05:35AM
The F-75 LE (7.8 version) appears to be the latest out F-75.------I'm tryting to find out what the difference is between the SE (I don't know the version # on the SE) and the LE version 7.8.
January 12, 2013 05:43AM
Hi, Del, how you doing my friend.

I'm not Tom or an F-75 expert, but I did use one for over a year and here's what I've picked up on the F-75 name evolution:

The original non-boost was called the F-75 and came out in 2006. On the box they referred to it as the 75th Anniversary Special Edition.

The boost and cache mode F-75s first came out in 2009. The first ones were called F-75 LTD and they were the camo ones. As I recall, the box was the same as the original F-75 box but had a sticker on the front that said "now with boost or cache modes" or something like that.

Then the boost and cache F-75s went out of production for a few months sometime in 2010 (I think) and when they came back the were called Special Edition Black. That detector is also referred to as the SE or SE Black.

I don't think it is referred to by FT as the LE, but I have seen it advertised a lot as "limited edition" so I think that may be why you are seeing it referred to as a LE. I'm pretty sure SE and LE are the same detectors.

I always thought the big difference was basically whether the F-75 had the boost or not. But now, there seems to be a lot of sentiment that the newer F75s have drastically reduced EMI. So maybe one more thing to be concerned about, date of manufacture...

Kind of confusing, isn't it?
January 12, 2013 05:53AM
OK, Del, I see now that on the Fisher site they refer to the boost detector now as the F-75 LTD.

I probably should shut up, I can't keep up with the naming twists and turns of the FT marketing dept.

When the dust settles, if it is true that the newer 75s have indeed conquered the EMI issue, I think date of manufacture will be the paramount issue and that can be easily ascertained from the serial number.
January 12, 2013 06:14AM
Hello Marcus---I'm doing fine, hope you are as well.-------Yes, I well remember the "evolution"of the F-75's.----My wife & I each had Standard 75's then the camo LTD's (boost mode), we also later had one black SE.-----I have the newest out/released being delivered that is a "LE" (7.8 version) and it is supposed to be different than the SE but I don't know what that difference is yet (hopefull in better EMI control).------I will know more next week when the detector is delivered but thought I would go ahead & pose this question.----Thanks for your response my friend.---------Del
January 12, 2013 11:38AM
marcomo........... good chronological response.

No need to buy a new 'boost process' F75 unit to replace your older F75 'boost process' unit........ as (I don't believe) anything has changed.
This is also to say; no need to send in your old unit for upgrades.
I'm completely unaware of any "EMI mitigation" changes/attempts with the FTP units.